• Aug 17th, 2014 10:13 am
Tags:
None
Jan 6, 2010
742 posts
71 upvotes

Gaming Desktop PC

Hi,

I want to buy a new computer for gaming but with no idea where to start. Should I just visit a store such as NCIX for a pre-built pc? I could use some ideas or even recommendations. How much money do I need to budget for a gaming pc? Should I wait for a sale?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
Soorma wrote: Hi,

I want to buy a new computer for gaming but with no idea where to start. Should I just visit a store such as NCIX for a pre-built pc? I could use some ideas or even recommendations. How much money do I need to budget for a gaming pc? Should I wait for a sale?
What games do you play and want to play? $800 should be a good mid end gaming pc
Dec 25, 2013
177 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Don't buy a prebuild. Make your own computer for your knowledge! You can save a lot just from building it yourself. Let us know your budge and we will help out on the parts.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
MrSuave7 wrote: Don't buy a prebuild. Make your own computer for your knowledge! You can save a lot just from building it yourself. Let us know your budge and we will help out on the parts.
+1, don't go pre-built.

Buy parts and build it yourself:
- You'll get the components that you actually want
- Individually, each it will be cheaper than buying them pre-built (rather than buying a bundle, you can hunt each piece down when it goes on sale)
- You'll be satisfied and feel rewarded from assembling it yourself

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)