• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 4:13 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 21, 2006
94 posts
5 upvotes

GAP online shipping/returns delay

For those who are regular online GAP/Old Navy/BR customers, have you noticed a marked slowdown in how fast GAP online is processing mailed-in returns in the last month? Or shipping new items out?

I've had a few returns that I sent to GAP two weekends ago (and confirmed received by them through tracking), and they haven't been processed. As for new orders, they seem to be in limbo - even received an "order status update" for an order placed in early May informing me that they can't deliver "within the shipping period promised".

Tried emailing customer service but I received a "delivery is delayed" bounceback message. I guess the next step is calling them to ask if they're having issues on their end but I was just curious if others are experiencing similar issues.

I order (and return) enough from GAP that I have a relatively good idea of their usual timeframes for shipping and returns (usually very fast and efficient).
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8627 posts
2805 upvotes
Ottawa
2 weeks ago I ordered 26 items of clothing from them. First batch had about 7 or 8 items, they told me the rest were on back-order and they would overnight ship them as they come in. In all I received 5 packages from them over the last 2 weeks. Even 1 package with 1 item and I got them the morning after they gave me the tracking number.

Anyways there was 1 pair of shorts left and they told me they won't be able to get it. Regardless I'm very happy with the service and shipping.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Oct 16, 2007
677 posts
83 upvotes
I also have a mailed return that was received and signed for about two weeks back that I haven't gotten a refund for yet. Usually they are faster than this.

Another weird thing that happened was an order never receiving an email confirmation or a shipping confirmation. I still ended up getting the order in full but that's the first time that's happened to me.
Mar 22, 2013
5 posts
3 upvotes
I'm facing the same issues! Even so, their customer service is still excellent - no long wait times and prompt email responses.

1st order on 8th May for 10 items
: 7 shipped incl. 1 incorrect item. Got a wordy but confusing email for the remaining 3 items saying it may take upto 30 days more to receive them! :rolleyes: Instructions on my options made no sense....."you can cancel this order but we may still ship the items anyway" - huh?!

2nd order placed on 16th May (to use a good coupon code they sent as an apology): So far, nothing shipped.

Returns were received by them on 16th & 22nd May but, no email sent as receipt plus no refund processed or posted. Under "My account" it would usually show which items were returned, etc.....nothing there to help.

My sis faced the same issue but did receive her orders after 2 weeks.

The last time I shopped at ON/ Gap/ BR was in 2015/16 when shipping was within 2-3 days (Canada Post) or a week if some items were sent directly from a store (UPS). I want to say I'll only shop online when I don't care about shipping times or when online items aren't in stock at their stores but it mostly means I won't bother! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel