• Jan 13th, 2018 12:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1439 posts
94 upvotes
richmondhill

gap sometimes at the bottom of a garage door

sometimes I get ice forming at the bottom of the garage door, when this happens there is a gap so than the garge gets colder...anyway to avoid buildup of ice..thinking possibly a long piece of rubber on top of garage floor..thoughts
thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4364 posts
1399 upvotes
Paris
Better seal on door. When I used to fly a lot skymall had a two part garage door solution. Better rubber on the door and a mat you laid down for it to nest into.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Dec 4, 2009
133 posts
62 upvotes
Waterdown
Spray the gasket on the door with silicone lube. Some silicone will transfer to the floor, making it hard for the ice to stick. Happens to me too...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3556 posts
2700 upvotes
Toronto
dcjcdc wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:09 am
sometimes I get ice forming at the bottom of the garage door, when this happens there is a gap so than the garge gets colder...anyway to avoid buildup of ice..thinking possibly a long piece of rubber on top of garage floor..thoughts
thanks
Doesn't your garage floor slope outwards to allow melted snow/water out? If you put something like that on your floor, it'll act as a dam and the water that stays there will actually create ice.