None
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1183 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
shoppingmama wrote:
Dec 15th, 2006 1:28 am
Sears charged me $100 on my bill....then charged an additional $50 after the fact...which of course I'm fighting right now.
That's another thing I hated. When I called Sears to inquire about the cost of getting them to install it, I was told that I have to give my credit card number to them on the phone when I make the appointment because they will charge me anything extra the installer feels necessary. I would have no say in any extras charged, and they would not need approval from me.

I'd strongly suggest for anyone to get some friends to help you install it or someone like buildinghomes.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
465 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
slim_shady wrote:
Dec 15th, 2006 7:42 pm
I would have no say in any extras charged, and they would not need approval from me.
Wow, I tell you on my webpage what potential extras there might be.

Also when I come to your house and step in the garage I do a quick assessment to see if there may be any extras and advise at that time before I even start. I don't like surprises, and I don't want to surprise anyone.
Dec 8, 2003
915 posts
7 upvotes
BuildingHomes wrote:
Dec 14th, 2006 3:49 pm
You mean you didn't want the $5 SPIF for every installation that you sold? :) I didn't want to sell the installs at the time because the paperwork was a pain in the ass to fill out.
$5SPIF? Nah...I worked on commission...straight up.

The paperwork never bothered me...it was the ripping people off part that got to me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)