Home & Garden

Garage Door Opener installer

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2020 10:27 am
Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2010
22 posts
Just another happy customer with Ron where he did 3 garages for me today. He’s simply the best, referred him to my friends and he did 4 houses for me over the years. Thanks
Mar 4, 2006
95 posts
292 upvotes
GTA
Thanks to the reviews in this thread, I decided to hire Ron to replace an old GDO with a Chamerblain B970C and was happy with his work. I texted him last Thursday evening, and had my new GDO up and running by Saturday afternoon (only took him about 2 hours to complete and he kept all the wiring neat & organized). He's really personable, and I would definitely vouch for him.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10687 posts
3018 upvotes
Toronto
My garage door nowsday doesn't open all the way up, it opened up 75% and it stops. I close it half way and re-open it, then it will go all the way up.

Is the garage open dying or just the spring?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Dec 30, 2003
51 posts
Another plus review for Ron. He did my door today (same day service) and did a great job. Very satisfied customer. He really seems to know his stuff.
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
utopianbl wrote: had Ron install garage doors for me and my neighbour. The Legend is true. The guy is a top professional. In freezing weather he installed two garage doors, and didn't rush it at all.

We live in Oakville and he made the trek twice (for me and my neighbour)
[/quoted]
do you mind sharing what kinda door and how much it cost you? you can private message me if you prefer.
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
utopianbl wrote: had Ron install garage doors for me and my neighbour. The Legend is true. The guy is a top professional. In freezing weather he installed two garage doors, and didn't rush it at all.

We live in Oakville and he made the trek twice (for me and my neighbour)
do you mind sharing what kinda door and how much it cost you? you can private message me if you prefer
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31356 posts
5553 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
djjungly wrote: do you mind sharing what kinda door and how much it cost you? you can private message me if you prefer
I think he meant garage door openers. I don’t think Ron installs garage doors
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
Gee wrote: I think he meant garage door openers. I don’t think Ron installs garage doors
thanks I just messaged Ron and he said he doesn't install doors. Anyone can recommend door installers?
Feb 23, 2011
186 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Upvote for Ron, a true gentleman.. called me back after I left him a VM.. what a nice guy! . . my openers need reprogramming, talked me through it and its fixed now.. thanks Ron!
Mar 22, 2017
791 posts
703 upvotes
West GTA
Installing your own garage door opener isn't that hard. I did it myself a couple of days ago and the instructions were fairly simple to follow, took me an afternoon to do. The real advantage of getting someone else to do it is that you have easier access to the 'Liftmaster' brand from an installer, which has a better rail than the 'Chamberlain' brand (one sturdier piece instead of four assembled pieces). They're otherwise identical.

Honestly, I'm no DIY genius and it wasn't that bad. The instructions are fairly easy to follow - assemble the rail, attach it to the opener, run the chain/belt along the rail, attach a bracket above the garage, attach rail to bracket, attach opener to ceiling, attach bracket to door, attach rail to door, install opener and sensors then run wires to the opener. You do burn an afternoon doing this, but it's kind of satisfying work and it's free.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3784 posts
1057 upvotes
I'm taking possession of a new build townhouse very soon.
As with any new build, things will be a bit of a disaster for the first few/several months. Driveway will not be paved either.

Is there a recommended waiting time before the garage door opener should get installed into a new build?
Or does the garage door opener need to wait on other things before it can be installed ?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3153 posts
1921 upvotes
Toronto
SomeOtherDude wrote: I'm taking possession of a new build townhouse very soon.
As with any new build, things will be a bit of a disaster for the first few/several months. Driveway will not be paved either.

Is there a recommended waiting time before the garage door opener should get installed into a new build?
Or does the garage door opener need to wait on other things before it can be installed ?
You can do it right away. When you get your driveway paved, you'll have to keep your garage door open for the pavers so keep that in mind. Just store valuables away safely during that period.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31356 posts
5553 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SomeOtherDude wrote: Is there a recommended waiting time before the garage door opener should get installed into a new build?
First thing I installed when I took possession was the garage door opener. I did that before changing the locks
Oct 24, 2015
15 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Question, does Ron also get the garage opener for his customers or you have to buy yourself and he just installs for you?
Jan 16, 2019
36 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Another Happy Customer with Ron. Me and Neighbor installed it yesterday. He Charges 90 these days. Somewhere this forum mentioned 80. But really happy with his services.