Garage Door Opener installer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2019 10:36 am
Tags:
None
Apr 6, 2007
14 posts
I highly recommend Ron and his wife.

They came out to my new house in Richmond Hill and yes, they spent almost 5 hours to do the install, but in my opinion, it was a perfect install! My garage ceiling is high, almost 12 feet and Ron charged $140 for the 2 GDOs, no extra charge for the extra brackets needed to lower the GDOs in order to complete the install. Unfortunately I had to use a powerbar, (due to the high ceilings again) but he also took the time to secure everything out of sight. His work was very neat and a FAR FAR cry from the moron who did the install at my previous new home who had wires running all over the place.

Ron was extremely professional and friendly, explained everything to me very precisely. He even took the time to program the Homelink buttons on both my cars! How is that for a job well done???
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4958 posts
253 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I was going to ask for a referral, but it looks like Ron is the man from all the posts on here. I'll need him to replace an old opener and adjust the garage door (it wasn't installed very well and is tough to open, which is why the old opener bit the dust I'm sure). Did anyone have Ron do any adjustments to your garage doors/rails, or just install the opener?
May 21, 2008
33 posts
Ron came out and installed my openers.
He did an excellent job, Highly Recommended.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2003
1134 posts
Looks like I will give this guy a call when I move into my new house next month.

Few questions:

1.) Does he require you to have any tools? ie) ladder

2.) Does he hide all the wires clean, and install the exterior keypad inluded in the price?

3.) any pictures of his work?

Thanks!!!
---> Heatware <---
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5641 posts
753 upvotes
Antiloop wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 3:01 pm
Looks like I will give this guy a call when I move into my new house next month.

Few questions:

1.) Does he require you to have any tools? ie) ladder

2.) Does he hide all the wires clean, and install the exterior keypad inluded in the price?

3.) any pictures of his work?

Thanks!!!
Ron and his wife bring all the tools you'd need. They will install the keypad if you have one. Not sure about the wires--their install looks like other GDOs I've had. They are quite neat and tidy up after themselves too :)
Sep 13, 2007
38 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Me too. Ron and his wife came to my house to install the GDO the same day my garage door was installed. They spent about 2 hours to finish the job. Their work is clean and tidy. I'd recommend them to anyone. In fact I asked him if he would do other electrical work but he said no.
Jan 1, 2006
263 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ron and his wife installed the garage door opener for us yesterday. The also installed the safety sensor, and keypad. They were very polite and meticulous with their workmanship, and they tidied up afterwards, as others have mentioned in prior posts.

You could tell that they were proud of their work, as his wife also showed me a picture on her phone of a previous install where they had to work around the restraints posed by an I-Beam on a garage ceiling.

They stayed to program the Homelink on my car which I know alot of installers avoid doing. Price by the way for install is now $80.

I will definitely use their services again (which may be sooner rather than later, as our other garage door opener is on its last legs).
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2003
1134 posts
I am also getting Ron to install my Garage Door Openor tomorow.

The price is now $80.

Which is fine with me if the work is good.

I will post back when finished.
---> Heatware <---
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2003
1134 posts
Ron finished installing my GDO tonight.

Amazing job, very clean, he stapled all the wires very neatly.

I will definately use him again when needed.

Can't beat his price for the level of work he does.

$80 is a no brainer...
---> Heatware <---
Jul 15, 2003
194 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
same, read all the posts and got Ron and his wife to come over and do the install. Got 2 GDO's put in and had it all done in about 3 hours time. Very effecient and great work.

cleaned up after themselves and didn't require anything from me.

Great work and great price. Highly recommend them both.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7220 posts
600 upvotes
I've got Ron coming this week to do my install. Seems like a good guy, from all the recommendations I can't imagine there'll be any problems. I'll update when he's done.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3024 posts
62 upvotes
Is Ron a member on RFD?

Ron, Are you there?
Seize the Day!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7220 posts
600 upvotes
Had ron in to do the install, couldn't ask for better. He said he tried logging in to thank people for all the referrals, but a mod kept killing the account since he wasn't a sponsored poster.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4305 posts
141 upvotes
Ron & his wife just installed 2 openers for me. Extremelly professional and clean looking job. They also lubricated all my railings and programed both my openers for me. Highly recommended.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7220 posts
600 upvotes
Follow up, my spring is actually in better shape than before because of all the lubrication they put on it. Opener is almost silent, which is awesome considering it's a chain opener. I'd use these guys again anytime.