Home & Garden

Garage Door Opener installer

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2020 10:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 28, 2009
1373 posts
341 upvotes
Ottawa
kaka55 wrote: Looking for a GDO installer in Ottawa, any recomendations for under $100.

Dumais Custom Garage Door

613 745 5219

highly recommended. did our door and 2 of my neighbours and a few friends.
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2007
719 posts
52 upvotes
anyone recommend a GDO installer in the Cambridge/Kitchener/Guelph area?

its for someone I know.

Thanks!
Newbie
Jul 8, 2007
20 posts
2 upvotes
Another recommendation for Ron and his wife. They came in on Sunday and completed the install in about 1.5 hours, and took the time to show me how everything worked.
Newbie
User avatar
May 4, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Does anyone remember the name of it by any chance?

Thanks in advance!
Jr. Member
Jan 14, 2005
187 posts
1 upvote
Amazing Auto Detail
855 Westney Rd. S. #7
Ajax
905-424-7447
Member
Jan 15, 2011
281 posts
20 upvotes
Bolton
Ron and his wife were amazing, they did mine and my neighbours home. He takes pride in his work.
Member
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody know if Ron is insured for his installs?
Member
Oct 25, 2008
411 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Antiloop wrote: Ron finished installing my GDO tonight.

Amazing job, very clean, he stapled all the wires very neatly.

I will definately use him again when needed.

Can't beat his price for the level of work he does.

$80 is a no brainer...

wow, $80 is a no brainer.

I just installed my Chamberlain - took me 3 hrs from start to finish, keep in mind it was my first install and I read the instructions line for line - my wife helped me once or twice.

I have to say it went really smooth, I could easily shave off 45 mins or so if I did it again - and at least an hour if i had someone helping the entire time.

but for $80 - I would have paid to have it done.
Member
Jan 15, 2011
281 posts
20 upvotes
Bolton
Insured? Who cares, he's bot going to ruin anything, nor will he deliberately trip and fall and due you.. He's great. Honestly couple, honest work.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
470 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Nicky911 wrote: Insured? Who cares, he's bot going to ruin anything, nor will he deliberately trip and fall and due you.. He's great. Honestly couple, honest work.

Insurance is a part of any honest business. Just hope nothing happens to anyone working on your home if they do not have some form of WSIB.
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Member
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
BuildingHomes wrote: Insurance is a part of any honest business. Just hope nothing happens to anyone working on your home if they do not have some form of WSIB.

Exactly. I was not worried about the workmanship, but rather if the worker is hurt while on my property. The problem dealing with Cash is that the party is not usually insured, and if something goes wrong it will be the homeowner on the hook.
Newbie
Mar 17, 2004
18 posts
can someone recommend someone in york region to install new garage doors?? 2 of them to be exact as i am replacing my current wooden doors.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
470 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
sacabeans wrote: Exactly. I was not worried about the workmanship, but rather if the worker is hurt while on my property. The problem dealing with Cash is that the party is not usually insured, and if something goes wrong it will be the homeowner on the hook.

The same thing for liability insurance. If something is damaged by the contractor, even if it has nothing to do with what they were working on, the contractor is required to have insurance to cover it. For a garage door, what if the door or opener has issues due to installation and comes down on your car?
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2111 posts
35 upvotes
orangeapple wrote: can someone recommend someone in york region to install new garage doors?? 2 of them to be exact as i am replacing my current wooden doors.

There are a few decent garage door companies around. I'd focus on what brand you want first, then call a couple companies who install them. I got a Garaga door installed a couple years ago, and the two quotes I got were $50 apart.
Member
User avatar
Jun 9, 2009
328 posts
95 upvotes
Mississauga
Ron and his wife just installed my GDO about 2 hrs. $80 would be okay. He did a really good jod.
I would recomment for anyone need an installer.

Top