Garage door weather stripping? Help. Pics attached

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 9:49 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
425 posts
68 upvotes

Garage door weather stripping? Help. Pics attached

My door or driveway or both are not level. There's a big gap on one side. What's a cheap weather stripping option for me? I dont want to attach something and then I have adjust the door opener
Screenshot_20190113-192456_PowerPoint.jpg
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8756 posts
7420 upvotes
Oakville
Is your door level? If it isn't level, look there first.
If it is level, you can just use a regular weatherstrip u-channel, then you slide a backer rod (1inch foam cylinder down the channel and it will squish where needed.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3933 posts
1054 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
engineered wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:43 pm
If it is level, you can just use a regular weatherstrip u-channel, then you slide a backer rod (1inch foam cylinder down the channel and it will squish where needed.
Did this myself... before could see slits of daylight... now, no longer. Mind you garage door is builder grade uninsulated!!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1948 posts
116 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:43 pm
What kind of "1inch foam cylinder" and where can I buy it? ---- thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2980 posts
633 upvotes
Oshawa
stansoltz wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:27 pm
My door or driveway or both are not level. There's a big gap on one side. What's a cheap weather stripping option for me? I dont want to attach something and then I have adjust the door openerScreenshot_20190113-192456_PowerPoint.jpg
You can go to Lowes or Home Depot to get the strip there.

But realistically, I would look to replace the door.

I have the same problem with the original uninsulated metal door that builder put in... 2006.

It's loud and it sucks. The bedroom above it is cold ... Guess that means the drywalled walls in the garage was also not insulated.

Builders. You gotta watch them or DIY afterwards.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)