Home & Garden

Garden irrigation DIY (Lee Valley vs Rainbird)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 11:32 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2006
34 posts
1 upvote

Garden irrigation DIY (Lee Valley vs Rainbird)

I am looking to install some DIY irrigation, drip only. I like some of the components offered by Lee Valley. But the prices, for what they have, on Rainbird products at Lowes are better.

Are these products interchangeable? Can I connect the Lee Valley soaker hose to the Rainbird supply line, for example?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2325 posts
289 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Buy and try return if not.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Mar 19, 2013
346 posts
67 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
I'm not familiar with Lee Valley irrigation, I'm a fan of Rainbird, have used their products for 33 years. My father-in-law operates a tree/shrub farm in Alberta. Uses a lot of drip irrigation, Rainbird only.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1011 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON
am145 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:20 pm
I am looking to install some DIY irrigation, drip only. I like some of the components offered by Lee Valley. But the prices, for what they have, on Rainbird products at Lowes are better.

Are these products interchangeable? Can I connect the Lee Valley soaker hose to the Rainbird supply line, for example?
I bought the Rainbird kit last year from Lowes and needed some more drip spikes, so I bought from Lee Valley. They're basically interchangeable as long as the same measurements, eg. connector is for 1/4 vs 1/2, etc.
Jul 23, 2009
350 posts
230 upvotes
Brampton, ON
not from the options OP is looking for, but have you looked at irrigation direct? The prices are very good and much cheaper than rainbird.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
1210 posts
256 upvotes
Paris
Irrigation direct x1000%. Stainless steel rainbird heads for the price of the "homeowner" grade crap they sell at Depot/Lowe's.

All the drip stuff is a fraction of the price. I have never had an issue with it.

Drip heads are ridiculously easy to use. It's pretty much just the right sized hole for the job and difficult to screw it up.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel