Computers & Electronics

Garmin GPS voices not available in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2015 8:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1436 posts
464 upvotes

Garmin GPS voices not available in Canada?

I recently bought the Garmin 66LM.

When I searched for downloadable voices for it, some downloadable free ones show up, as well as some premium voices that cost a bit of $$.
http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/voices/

Only, when I open my Garmin computer app, none of the premium voices show up for purchase anywhere. Does this mean they're not available in Canada?
I am disappoint.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1829 posts
311 upvotes
Mississauga
Have you downloaded "Garmin Express" Sorry cannot provide you with a link. Load your Garmin with your computer. then it should see it. good Luck. Hope this helps. Downloaded voices, etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1999 posts
416 upvotes
Ottawa
It's you - not Garmin unfortunately. I have done several new and old ones over the years.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1436 posts
464 upvotes
Yes, I have Garmin Express. That's the app I was referring to. All of the free voices show up- and I've even downloaded them.. but I don't see ANY of the premium ones (Homer, Marge, Oscar, etc.. )

Lumberjack.. do you see the premium ones now, in your Garmin Express?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1999 posts
416 upvotes
Ottawa
I refuse to pay for anything more from them and loaded everything that was free only.
broc wrote: Yes, I have Garmin Express. That's the app I was referring to. All of the free voices show up- and I've even downloaded them.. but I don't see ANY of the premium ones (Homer, Marge, Oscar, etc.. )

Lumberjack.. do you see the premium ones now, in your Garmin Express?