None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon

Gas 85.9 at Brampton 410/Sandlewood [Updated][Dec 11th ]

Thread updated - Dec 11th, 2015

At 410 And Sandlewood there is Esso, Shell and Petro Canada.

I have put the part of the map, where gas is always cheap

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N6u1NWc.png[/IMG]

These three places at this intersection is always cheap specially after 7PM everyday and weekends
47 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Will the savings be offset if I drive there from Markham.
Jul 2, 2007
181 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
mobifree wrote: Will the savings be offset if I drive there from Markham.
No.

If this is your vehicle

Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2087 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
The catch: You have to go to Brampton.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
That's like Costco gas station pricing if not cheaper. I'm on West mississauga so my make the trip.
Jun 7, 2014
437 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Haris wrote: That's like Costco gas station pricing if not cheaper. I'm on West mississauga so my make the trip.
You do realize that every 1 cent in gas price will only save you like $0.60-0.70 if you have a large gas tank.

Also, every hour of driving costs like $10-15.

Not a good idea to travel for cheaper gas like that.

EDIT: Fixed math
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes I do realize that. Which is why travelling 35 minutes round trip to save 8 cents a litre will save me way more then filling up from home. Especially on a tank larger then 60L
TheChad08 wrote: You do realize that every 1 cent in gas price will only save you like $6-7 if you have a large gas tank.

Also, every hour of driving costs like $10-15.

Not a good idea to travel for cheaper gas like that.
Jun 7, 2014
437 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Haris wrote: Yes I do realize that. Which is why travelling 35 minutes round trip to save 8 cents a litre will save me way more then filling up from home. Especially on a tank larger then 60L
Sorry, I fixed my math.

8 cents per liter with 80 liters will be $6.40 saved, while 35 minutes of driving will cost you about the same amount.

You will have the same benefit as filling up next door, but waste far more time.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
Now you are making sense lol!! I'm heading in the area today anyways do may as well fill up. I'm just surprised that gas is cheap in that area by more than 5 cents. Pretty decent for people that live there. Balances off the high insurance rates
TheChad08 wrote: Sorry, I fixed my math.

8 cents per liter with 80 liters will be $6.40 saved, while 35 minutes of driving will cost you about the same amount.

You will have the same benefit as filling up next door, but waste far more time.
Sep 9, 2010
242 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
Always stop for the cheapest price. If enough lazy people do this, then the big companies will be forced to lower their prices. I always get my gas on Miss. Rd where it's 2 cents cheaper. Unless I am desperate, I never buy gas on the main roads and I do not fill up unless the price has dropped.

$1.19 is a good price but not enough to make me go to Brampton. Yuck!

Haris wrote: Now you are making sense lol!! I'm heading in the area today anyways do may as well fill up. I'm just surprised that gas is cheap in that area by more than 5 cents. Pretty decent for people that live there. Balances off the high insurance rates
Jun 7, 2014
437 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Haris wrote: Now you are making sense lol!! I'm heading in the area today anyways do may as well fill up. I'm just surprised that gas is cheap in that area by more than 5 cents. Pretty decent for people that live there. Balances off the high insurance rates
I almost only fill up on Bovaird in Brampton. Gas there tends to be 5 cents cheaper than everywhere else (at least west of Airport rd).

Turn off Bovaird and find a gas station 5 seconds away and it is more expensive. I don't understand why.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
Lamma wrote: Always stop for the cheapest price. If enough lazy people do this, then the big companies will be forced to lower their prices. I always get my gas on Miss. Rd where it's 2 cents cheaper. Unless I am desperate, I never buy gas on the main roads and I do not fill up unless the price has dropped.

+1. It's a big difference in Miss. I'm on the road most of the time so I filled up at Guelph/Brampton/Ajax. Just filled up 60L at Costco Mississauga today.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Nov 16, 2006
233 posts
50 upvotes
Lamma wrote: Always stop for the cheapest price. If enough lazy people do this, then the big companies will be forced to lower their prices. I always get my gas on Miss. Rd where it's 2 cents cheaper. Unless I am desperate, I never buy gas on the main roads and I do not fill up unless the price has dropped.

Where on Mississauga road?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
It's all along Bovaird. Saw the same price at McLaughlin and Bovaird an hour ago
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
TheChad08 wrote: Sorry, I fixed my math.

Is the trek worthwhile, I have a feeling the savings will be lost due to alot of stop-and-go traffic and/or constant red lights.
Sep 24, 2007
189 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
109.9 Esso Dufferin and Major Mac.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)