Hot Deals

[GCR/TransUnion] $12 GCR Rebate when you signup for credit monitoring with TransUnion

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 7:36 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1238 posts
706 upvotes
Laval, QC
So you still getting the cash back if cancelled credit monitoring within a month? Doesn't CGR send out cash back after 45 days?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1809 posts
497 upvotes
Karlmtl wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:43 pm
So you still getting the cash back if cancelled credit monitoring within a month? Doesn't CGR send out cash back after 45 days?
No one knows for sure, but I can't see why not. The deal is to purchase a subscription... after the first payment, you have bought a subscription. It's not like you are cancelling and getting a refund.

Only time will tell...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8718 posts
2792 upvotes
Oil Country
Just received this email from GCR, when I inquired about the missing cash back.
My apologies for not being more clear. TransUnion.ca told us that they will begin looking at the missing transactions around mid-September. It could take them while to get through the reports, and then they have to send the report to us, and then we can let you know the results. We are just as anxious to get this cleared up as well but it could still be awhile.

We do appreciate your continued patience, and as soon as we hear back from them we will be in touch.
RFD mods are on a power trip... how about messaging me before changing my signature. Some common courtesy would have been nice.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8718 posts
2792 upvotes
Oil Country
Just received this email from GCR, when I inquired about the missing cash back.
My apologies for not being more clear. TransUnion.ca told us that they will begin looking at the missing transactions around mid-September. It could take them while to get through the reports, and then they have to send the report to us, and then we can let you know the results. We are just as anxious to get this cleared up as well but it could still be awhile.

We do appreciate your continued patience, and as soon as we hear back from them we will be in touch.
RFD mods are on a power trip... how about messaging me before changing my signature. Some common courtesy would have been nice.
Mar 4, 2008
197 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
Is anyone else having issues with getting their score refreshed on TransUnion? I signed up on Monday (already got confirmation from GCR), but it has been showing my credit score and report as N/A. When I try to refresh, nothing happens.

I called TU and after waiting on hold for 30 mins, they sent my case to technical support. I figure it may be linked to increase traffic following the Equifax hack, so just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.
I've tried multiple browsers and deleted cookies/cache to no avail.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2200 posts
1113 upvotes
Karlmtl wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:43 pm
RubberCheese wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 11:27 pm
No one knows for sure, but I can't see why not. The deal is to purchase a subscription... after the first payment, you have bought a subscription. It's not like you are cancelling and getting a refund.

Only time will tell...
I cancelled mine after the first month.
I signed up July 11, and my rebate posted to GCR July 26
I have a cheque due to be sent to me tomorrow, and as of today the rebate has not been clawed back.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5252 posts
747 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Hi I am back from the dead. Anyone experienced this?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8718 posts
2792 upvotes
Oil Country
Just received the $27 cash back I was owed from GCR today. I cancelled the one month credit monitoring service with TransUnion over a month ago.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15864 posts
4742 upvotes
Ottawa
fudge_u wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:34 pm
Just received the $27 cash back I was owed from GCR today. I cancelled the one month credit monitoring service with TransUnion over a month ago.
+1, mines on the ready to "cash out" status.
Nov 10, 2016
203 posts
65 upvotes
BC
fudge_u wrote:
is it already 55 days from the day you reported the missing rebate? I still have not received mine but as I counted 55th day is on Sunday...
Aug 24, 2014
21 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fudge_u wrote:
Same here. I followed up with their customer service earlier this week too so maybe that reminded them lol
Feb 16, 2016
158 posts
77 upvotes
Finally got my cash back, did the offer when it was for $27. Thanks OP.
Aug 13, 2011
791 posts
151 upvotes
I also just received the rebate. I'd accepted a while ago that I'd never see the rebate given the length of time that had passed. Very happy that it went through.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1034 posts
5109 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
The are still giving $15 rebate with $4.95 first month promotion. I also received $27 rebate from GCR.
JJ_Rizvi