Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8883 posts
2011 upvotes

GE Fridge

https://www.lowes.ca/refrigerators/ge-2 ... 02821.html

Was looking to buy a fridge and I am limited to 34" width unfortunately.

This seems to be a good size and price.

Any suggestions/opinions about this? How's GE these days? Total all in will come to 1730 incl delivery.

Also, looking to remove the ice maker since it occupies space and have no need. Is it the usual unplug and take out like other fridges?

Any other recommendations (keeping in mind the 34" width restriction) is welcomed.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1700 posts
1203 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:10 pm
https://www.lowes.ca/refrigerators/ge-2 ... 02821.html

Was looking to buy a fridge and I am limited to 34" width unfortunately.

This seems to be a good size and price.

Any suggestions/opinions about this? How's GE these days? Total all in will come to 1730 incl delivery.

Also, looking to remove the ice maker since it occupies space and have no need. Is it the usual unplug and take out like other fridges?

Any other recommendations (keeping in mind the 34" width restriction) is welcomed.
You are in luck CR tested this exact same model. It got 74 out of 100. "Predicted Reliability" is Average. "Owner satisfaction" is Poor. Those two previous results are based on surveys CR does with its subscribers. "Thermostat Control" and "Temperature Uniformity" both got Excellent, the highest possible rating. "Energy Efficiency" and "Noise" both got Very Good. Listed US price is $1,575.
RFD: Home for those suffering from costcoholism 😂
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8883 posts
2011 upvotes
Any reason for the poor owner satisfaction? Most reviews seem good
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1700 posts
1203 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 12:07 am
Any reason for the poor owner satisfaction? Most reviews seem good
No, it is not possible to know the details as it is the results of CR asking its subscribers to fill up a survey. I would take this part of the evaluation with less caution.

I find a lot of customers' reviews on the internet cannot be relied upon. For example, according to thousands of reviewers there isn't a single brand of water heaters that is reliable.

If you are happy with what you plan to buy I would say go for it. You always take a chance no matter what you buy. Btw the highest rated was an LG with a score of 90.
RFD: Home for those suffering from costcoholism 😂
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11241 posts
2659 upvotes
GTA
We got a smoking deal ( 50% off retail) on a GE Profile fridge and stove about 10yrs ago and they're both going strong, no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. But this is just one dudes opinion.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9696 posts
1417 upvotes
I don’t consider consumer reports reliable.

Just don’t get Samsung anything. Google samsung fridge ice build up
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1984 posts
530 upvotes
Whitby
aquariaguy wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 7:23 pm
I don’t consider consumer reports reliable.

Just don’t get Samsung anything. Google samsung fridge ice build up
I am curious as to why you don't feel consumer reports is reliable. I tend to think that they are one of the most reliable publications due to the fact that they don't accept any advertising, and they anonymously purchase everything that they test.