Computers & Electronics

Gear - Best - lost order - No insurance, 50% refund?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2017 9:01 pm
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa

Gear - Best - lost order - No insurance, 50% refund?

Hey folks,

Looking for some insight.

I ordered 4 small mini drones back on March 8 from ******** for a grand total of $80CAD (4 drones and 4 extra plastic frames). I have not received them..

I contacted ******** a couple of times. First time I was told to wait longer. Now they are saying they will give me 50% off a repeat order or 50% cash back. I apparently did not pay for the insurance. I paid with PayPal.

Wondering what will happen if I raise a dispute with PayPal. ******** is saying I did not pay for insurance and hence the loss is mine. I was under the impression PayPal will protect me?

Thoughts?

EDIT:
Showing as a bunch of asterisks for the name.. I am referring to Gear....... Best.....
30 replies
Mar 18, 2015
238 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Maybe ask for proof they actually sent the item?
They seem awfully glad to give you 50% back.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Shipping from China is usually 4-12 weeks, its only been 3 weeks. Was there a tracking number?
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Was poking around their website.. Under the tracking section they show a picture of the parcel and label. Pretty good really.. So by all accounts it was shipped. For the record they are usually pretty good. I have ordered 18 of these drones so far 4 - 6 at a time and they have all showed up. This is my first time having an issue.

I am sure it will be asked what do I need 22 of these little drones for.. They have turned out to be great gifts. At under $20 each kids and adults love them so I gift them out and sell them to friends... I have 4 in the house for me and the kids as well...
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
coriolis wrote: Shipping from China is usually 4-12 weeks, its only been 3 weeks. Was there a tracking number?
March 8.. Its been 11 weeks now. The others I have ordered have all shown up in 2 - 4 weeks.

Tracking shows

RC101960713MY
2017-03-11 00:58:10Initial item information received
2017-03-11 04:32:08Item posted over the counter
2017-03-11 11:23:05Item dispatched out VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Bedpan wrote:
March 8.. Its been 11 weeks now. The others I have ordered have all shown up in 2 - 4 weeks.

Tracking shows

RC101960713MY
2017-03-11 00:58:10Initial item information received
2017-03-11 04:32:08Item posted over the counter
2017-03-11 11:23:05Item dispatched out VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE
Wow my bad, no coffee in the morning results makes me useless! Sorry about that.

The tracking appears useless, does the number work with Canada Post? I remember some 3rd party package trackers can pull a bit more data.

Edit: I found the 3rd party site: http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=track

As of May 13th, it was in Montreal sorting.
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Well that's more up to date then I have been able to find.. I think that tracking number is from pos.com.my

Thanks kindly for your efforts.. So it may still show...
coriolis wrote: Wow my bad, no coffee in the morning results makes me useless! Sorry about that.

The tracking appears useless, does the number work with Canada Post? I remember some 3rd party package trackers can pull a bit more data.

Edit: I found the 3rd party site: http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=track

As of May 13th, it was in Montreal sorting.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Bedpan wrote: I am sure it will be asked what do I need 22 of these little drones for.. They have turned out to be great gifts. At under $20 each kids and adults love them so I gift them out and sell them to friends... I have 4 in the house for me and the kids as well...
http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2017/ ... onto-2017/
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Bedpan wrote: Well that's more up to date then I have been able to find.. I think that tracking number is from pos.com.my

Thanks kindly for your efforts.. So it may still show...
No problem, however I would definitely take that tracking site with a grain of salt. It worked for me after 10+ weeks of waiting for rare earth magnets (which I should of just bought from Lee Valley), and that site showed more details that CP. I'd still be vigilant and press ********. Goodluck!
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Thanks....

GearB is showing it in Vancouver. Your site shows it in Montreal a couple days later. I would think it would have made it from Montreal by now but who knows....

I been pushing GearB through there internal support and they answer 50% off next purchase or cash back..

So I have opened a ticket on PayPal. GearB has replied there saying the same thing. 50%..... Thats when I created the thread hear just wondering what would happen if I push the issue to PayPal... Will they refund me 100% or am I better taking the 50% from GearB...

coriolis wrote: No problem, however I would definitely take that tracking site with a grain of salt. It worked for me after 10+ weeks of waiting for rare earth magnets (which I should of just bought from Lee Valley), and that site showed more details that CP. I'd still be vigilant and press ********. Goodluck!
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Just re-read the tracking from GearB.. I thought it was in Vancouver.. Nope just send towards Vancouver. So Montreal it is...

My honest guess is that it will show up.. Just don't want to leave things to long and have no options to escalate.
Bedpan wrote: Thanks....

GearB is showing it in Vancouver. Your site shows it in Montreal a couple days later. I would think it would have made it from Montreal by now but who knows....

I been pushing GearB through there internal support and they answer 50% off next purchase or cash back..

So I have opened a ticket on PayPal. GearB has replied there saying the same thing. 50%..... Thats when I created the thread hear just wondering what would happen if I push the issue to PayPal... Will they refund me 100% or am I better taking the 50% from GearB...
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Bedpan wrote: Just re-read the tracking from GearB.. I thought it was in Vancouver.. Nope just send towards Vancouver. So Montreal it is...

My honest guess is that it will show up.. Just don't want to leave things to long and have no options to escalate.
There's another thread detailing how it's taking forever to get orders from china.

I order 3-4 packs of coils for my vape (smok tfv8 tank) from another China seller. Usually takes 1.5-2 months to arrive
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
Earlier this year I bought a flashlight from ********. After 8 weeks i opened dispute and got 50% cash back. After 12 weeks the flashlight arrived. I was going to give the 50% back but the flashlight stopped working after 3 days. Didn't bother trying to get the other %50 as it was only $10.

Chances are you'll get your stuff but quality is questionable.
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Maybe I should take the 50% and run ;-)

I have ordered a bunch of these little guys. They are fun a quite durable. For less then $20 each they are piles of entertainment.
singhrh wrote: Earlier this year I bought a flashlight from ********. After 8 weeks i opened dispute and got 50% cash back. After 12 weeks the flashlight arrived. I was going to give the 50% back but the flashlight stopped working after 3 days. Didn't bother trying to get the other %50 as it was only $10.

Chances are you'll get your stuff but quality is questionable.
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
I have about a dozen orders with GearB. This is my first problem. Not to pleased so far. See where it goes.
ES_Revenge wrote: Well this is what happens when you buy from GearWorst! What's funny is it looks like the name might be censored on RFD now? What's with all the ***s?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
Good thing I don't order from GB. I place a lot of orders from Alixpress over the years. Got 100% refund if item not received. Took so long to receive it but worth the wait.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
Avatar wrote: Good thing I don't order from GB. I place a lot of orders from Alixpress over the years. Got 100% refund if item not received. Took so long to receive it but worth the wait.
One thing I really like about Aliexpress is that you can extend the protection. Especially recently, orders from China get to Canada in 2-3 weeks and then get stuck here for several more weeks. I feel like it's not the sellers' faults if the item doesn't arrive on time since they're not aware of all the delays in Canada. So now I've begun extending the protection for an extra month and if it arrives then great, if not, then I'll go for a refund.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
For what it's worth, I had ordered an Elephone Elite 4K action camera from GB back in December and that took 3 months to arrive. Shipment by boat across the Pacific, and then a long, long holdup at Canada customs.