Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 26, 2009
155 posts
10 upvotes
Sarnia, ON

******** or Everbuying

Want to buy a Snailvr Headset off either ******** or Everbuying but I have never used either site before and was looking for opinions from people that have which site is the better option?

Also any info on using the paid shipping methods like will I get hit hard with duty ?

Thanks
7 replies
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
194 upvotes
Stouffville
I like ********. I've made a ton of purchases from them (dashcam, phone, electronics, headphones, etc) and never had any issue with duties. It does take a while for the items to ship, but i've never had a problem since i'm never really in a rush.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
******** is generally pretty good for no custom as long as you use standard shipping. Just be prepared to wait a month for anything to arrive (sometime longer).
May 9, 2012
780 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
Got standard shopping with ********, ended up paying tax & duties. Cost 20$, half of my item. Never again.
Oct 20, 2004
635 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa
barginfreak wrote: Got standard shopping with ********, ended up paying tax & duties. Cost 20$, half of my item. Never again.
I really don't understand posts like this. Are you never going to order anything online again or from ********?

If your item was over $20 then there is always a chance that you will be charged tax and duties. This applies to anything purchased outside of Canada unless you are pre-paying the taxes and duties through something like checkout51.

Back to the OP, I have used ******** about a dozen times. Here are some pros and cons:

Pros
1) Lost of things to choose from at low prices
2) Cashback through topcashback plus they have a points system for a small additional boost
3) Free shipping (but see Con 1)
4) Value underreported so you are unlikely to pay taxes and duty

Cons
1) Slow shipping. If you get it within a month that is fast.
2) If you pay for fast shipping you will probably end up paying an arm and leg in taxes, duty and brokerage fee to DHL
3) Don't believe the availability that is shown on the website, it is often wrong especially for new hot items (will show as ready to ship when it might be a month before it actually does). Some would say that they lie about it.
4) Customer service is bad
5) Underreporting the value means that the government is not collecting taxes when it should

I would probably give my buying experiences from them 2 1/2 stars but I keep going back because of the selection and prices. I haven't seen any Chinese shopping portals that people rave about for the great shopping experience and I don't really expect that one exists.

Always check prices elsewhere though because if you can get it on Amazon or elsewhere locally for slightly more then that is probably a better option.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2009
155 posts
10 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Thanks everyone for the info going to place my order this week but still deciding on either ******** or everbuying. Most likely just choose one and hope for the best :D
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10393 posts
1242 upvotes
Brampton
Which one is cheaper? Do you have points on EB? You can use it to knock down the price a bit. Maybe ******** has a similar point system.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.