Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Lenovo K3 Note (k50-t5) Android 5.0 5.5 inch 4G Phablet $149.99USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2017 2:37 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 3, 2008
546 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
Scorpionsy wrote: Anyone know of a good Android phone that works with AWS support (Wind/Mobilcity) and has a slide-out physical keyboard?? I don't want to let go of my beloved HTC Desire Z, but there are many apps I can't run on it because of the outdated OS version and it's smaller RAM capacity. :(
HTC Desire Z - that's a blast from the past! Solid device nonetheless
BB should be coming out with a new qwerty device soon if you're ok with sideloading apps :/
Jul 3, 2008
546 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
wearysky wrote: Honestly, it's like people don't even bother to search before posting deals these days. Either that, or they have other incentives to post deals...

Not really luck, as long as you ship via surface methods. Well, maybe BAD luck if you get dinged. I don't know of anybody that's been hit with tax/brokerage fees from these Chinese stores unless they shipped via DHL.
Usually safer to ship to border if you can afford the drive to pick it up
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
dotsthewarlock wrote: Usually safer to ship to border if you can afford the drive to pick it up
I'd say you are just as likely to get dinged at the border as you are shipping via surface shipping. And for my last phone that I ordered DHL, my total tax+brokerage fee was $19. Nevermind the cost of my time, it would easily cost me more than that in gas + border mail company costs. But I've never gotten dinged using non-DHL shipping methods, out of several orders, and none of my friends have either.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: Anyone know of a good Android phone that works with AWS support (Wind/Mobilcity) and has a slide-out physical keyboard?? I don't want to let go of my beloved HTC Desire Z, but there are many apps I can't run on it because of the outdated OS version and it's smaller RAM capacity. :(
Nope does not exist. Slide out phones running Android are dead so never even mind the AWS support.

You'll just have to get use to touchscreen typing or else your other option is a blackberry.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1197 posts
257 upvotes
End of nowhere
The price drops to $179.95.
Dec 16, 2008
220 posts
102 upvotes
This looks like a super solid deal. I would definitely roll the dice on this phone rather than some of the other no name Chinese brands on these sites. It's not a guarantee of better quality but I'd say there's definitely a chance of it. The FHD screen, battery size, and android 5.0 make this stand out for the price.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
dragonc wrote: The price drops to $179.95.
actually its cad$170.95 with ***** coupon ;) .

was gonna take a pass on getting a chiphone for now but at $170....its surely tempting! lenovo is a much better brand than most i would think
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If only it had 3GB RAM...
Oct 17, 2008
132 posts
298 upvotes
Rogido wrote: If only it had 3GB RAM...
Does that make much of a difference when it comes to actual use?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the disadvantage of this phone/model?

It's my first time using Android. I'm assuming Lenovo won't provide an update to Android 6.0 in the future. Can this phone be updated to 6.0 even if Lenovo doesn't provide the firmware if the phone can be rooted?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Grimes wrote: Does that make much of a difference when it comes to actual use?
You bet! Does your computer perform better by increasing RAM by 50%?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Processor is a little weak isn't it ?

Most reviews seem to be comparing it to the Snapdragon 600s.

I got my used G2 for 140$ CAD and it has a snapdragon 800
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
NG wrote: AWS and a physical keyboard (of any kind). That's a unicorn I've been trying to find for ages.
dotsthewarlock wrote: HTC Desire Z - that's a blast from the past! Solid device nonetheless
BB should be coming out with a new qwerty device soon if you're ok with sideloading apps :/
Krispy1 wrote: Nope does not exist. Slide out phones running Android are dead so never even mind the AWS support.

You'll just have to get use to touchscreen typing or else your other option is a blackberry.
Yeah, that's the only reason why I have stuck so long with my HTC Desire Z...because of the amazing slide-out keyboard. I hate on screen touch keyboards and gamepads...nothing beats the physical keyboard.

I wonder why they stopped making Keyboard Android mobiles?

HTC should have capitalized on that market...I am sure there are many others like me out there who want this.

As for BlackBerry...I am not interested in one...I am an Android guy from the very beginning of Android's origins. Never been an Apple iPhone or BlackBerry fan.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Grimes wrote: Does that make much of a difference when it comes to actual use?
Yes, look at my older phone...it has only 512MB RAM which limits it from running many of the heavier Android apps and games.

So, yes, the more RAM you have the more apps / games you can run (especially if they are memory demanding) and mainly because you future proof your phone for years to come...without the need to buy a new phone because it can run everything smoothly.

I wish we had the option for Mobile phones where we could upgrade the RAM inside them easily like upgrading the RAM on a Laptop PC. :(
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: What's the disadvantage of this phone/model?

It's my first time using Android. I'm assuming Lenovo won't provide an update to Android 6.0 in the future. Can this phone be updated to 6.0 even if Lenovo doesn't provide the firmware if the phone can be rooted?
Probably yes, if you root it...you can update the ROM with a custome ROM with the latest Android version...if you must have it. But know that it also puts a heavier load on your phones RAM/Memory...so things might not run as smooth that way in the future.

I don't like upgrading my phone except when at least 5 years have past or more. I try to get the top of the line phone, the best features the most memory etc at the time of purchase to try to make it survive the longest.

I want to upgrade to a latest Android phone with faster processor and RAM, bigger and sharper screen, better camera etc...but not having a Physical Keyboard is killing me on the new phones....that's why I am sticking with my old phone for now...I have had it since 2010. :(
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: Yeah, that's the only reason why I have stuck so long with my HTC Desire Z...because of the amazing slide-out keyboard. I hate on screen touch keyboards and gamepads...nothing beats the physical keyboard.

HTC should have capitalized on that market...I am sure there are many others like me out there who want this.

As for BlackBerry...I am not interested in one...I am an Android guy from the very beginning of Android's origins. Never been an Apple iPhone or BlackBerry fan.
"nothing beats physical keyboard"

For gaming no doubt but for typing touch screens keyboards are way faster then physical keys, you may not think so until you get use to it, with the fact your not pressing physical keys the process of typing becomes quicker as you take out the travel times needed with physical keys.

My sister was a hardcore blackberry user since the beginning and always said how physical keys were better for typing, she then got an S4 and got use to typing now she can type faster then physical keys.

Your Desire Z may not be the best example for typing on a touch screen, its small, and due to lower specs has more input lag meaning you wont be able to type that fast. If you got a bigger screen and faster phone I am sure you would get use to the typing.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
Scorpionsy wrote: Yeah, that's the only reason why I have stuck so long with my HTC Desire Z...because of the amazing slide-out keyboard. I hate on screen touch keyboards and gamepads...nothing beats the physical keyboard.

you should try the touch screen keyboard and see what happen
it is not like what you said...
typing is fast and it won't hurt your thumb and fingers if you type a long period of time
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Rogido wrote: If only it had 3GB RAM...
+1

I should have been serious with elephone P7000 flash sale a few days ago
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MrBigNose wrote: +1

I should have been serious with elephone P7000 flash sale a few days ago
The P3000S also has a 3GB version.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
how is geekbuying?
is it reliable?

also there is google play in this phone?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)