Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[********] MK808B Plus Quad Core Android 4.4 TV Dongle -- 34.99$ - 8% + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 8:45 pm
Tags:
None
May 12, 2014
77 posts
35 upvotes
Brampton, ON
It runs android. So Netflix is a yes..
And because it has such a high capacity processor and large ram.. it will work absolutely perfect
Feb 16, 2010
911 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
paragbabar wrote: It runs android. So Netflix is a yes..
And because it has such a high capacity processor and large ram.. it will work absolutely perfect
Can it run Netflix in HD though? Netflix blocks a bunch of Android devices from HD streaming, like the Minix devices.
May 12, 2014
77 posts
35 upvotes
Brampton, ON
not sure of this stuff. you can call up geekbuying and check
Mar 17, 2002
497 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
paragbabar wrote: not sure of this stuff. you can call up geekbuying and check
There are no Android boxes that do Netflix HD other than the Amazon FireTV AFAIK. You can read through this thread on Freaktab and test your own boxes.

I ended up ordering one of these. For the price it's another toy to try out. I've got a CS968 which has been fine for XBMC. I'm hoping this stick has anymote (Google TV Remote) support and better miracast than my CS968.
Mar 17, 2002
497 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
My stick shipped yesterday. Didn't realize it's coming from Netherlands...
Oct 25, 2014
291 posts
245 upvotes
Boswell, BC
Mine arrived today on the west coast after shipping out on Dec 17th

But I can't get it to work. It boots ok and just sits at the main screen with the "Online Video" square selected at the top left. The time advances and the clean RAM number fluctuates, but it won't respond to any mouse or keyboard input. I first tried a mouse/keyboard combo on a USB RF dongle, then just a wired USB mouse. I also tried a BT keyboard (I think it paired...had to power cycle), and no response from any input. Any ideas?

I don't know if the mice/keyboard aren't recognized or it's hung up doing some task. Does it try to make a wifi connection and do some sort of initial setup? There are stupid Shaw open wifi stations in range with captive portals, which might serve as dead end network traps were it to connect to those.

EDIT: actually I don't think the BT keyboard did pair, I can't seem to do it again. After one reboot the "Online Video" square at the top left was not selected, not sure if that means anything useful.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2617 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Is it possible to play flash through the browser?
I currently hook up my laptop to my tv to watch live sports (streaming sites). Can this stick serve this purpose?

FS: Nothing
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
TheGame wrote: Is it possible to play flash through the browser?
I currently hook up my laptop to my tv to watch live sports (streaming sites). Can this stick serve this purpose?
its gonna be a lot of work for you. Just imagine using your tablet going through those websites. Flash support, popups and tons of stuff, unless you use it for the sole purpose of XBMC/NetFlix or similar, stick with your laptop, way more functional.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
badkarma wrote: My stick shipped yesterday. Didn't realize it's coming from Netherlands...
Bought Dec 14, shipped Dec 18. PostNL tracking doesn't show any updates. But I logged into ******** and shows some progress. It even shows me a picture of the package with the label with my details, so I'm not too worried. Anxious to get it to give it a try. It'll be my first PC stick.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
emma30 wrote: Mine arrived today on the west coast after shipping out on Dec 17th

But I can't get it to work. It boots ok and just sits at the main screen with the "Online Video" square selected at the top left. The time advances and the clean RAM number fluctuates, but it won't respond to any mouse or keyboard input. I first tried a mouse/keyboard combo on a USB RF dongle, then just a wired USB mouse. I also tried a BT keyboard (I think it paired...had to power cycle), and no response from any input. Any ideas?

I don't know if the mice/keyboard aren't recognized or it's hung up doing some task. Does it try to make a wifi connection and do some sort of initial setup? There are stupid Shaw open wifi stations in range with captive portals, which might serve as dead end network traps were it to connect to those.

EDIT: actually I don't think the BT keyboard did pair, I can't seem to do it again. After one reboot the "Online Video" square at the top left was not selected, not sure if that means anything useful.
Have you made any progress?
Phils
Oct 25, 2014
291 posts
245 upvotes
Boswell, BC
Phils wrote: Have you made any progress?
I tried a third wired USB mouse and it worked. It was an old Logitech one with a metal ball. The first Logitech laser mouse and a Microsoft laser mouse did not work. I'm surprised this thing is apparently so picky about something as simple as a mouse.

Left mouse button performs a tap, right mouse button goes back. Bluetooth is not enabled by default. After enabling bluetooth, I was able to successfully pair an Apple-compatible bluetooth keyboard (i had to type in some numbers to verify the pairing) and the device showed as connected, however, I'm unable to get any keystrokes to producing input on the MK808B. I was able to find reports of similar issues on Android 4.4.2 with people blaming the crappy bluetooth stack. I don't have a bluetooth mouse for testing.

Does anyone know of compatible firmwares for this particular device? If not, what are the chances we'll see updates in the future? (using the built-in update function results in an error). I have the impression that development for the MK808B is not as active as the original MK808, but haven't found any definitive sources.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1942 posts
1740 upvotes
Center of the univer…
hssironman wrote: Bought Dec 14, shipped Dec 18. PostNL tracking doesn't show any updates. But I logged into ******** and shows some progress. It even shows me a picture of the package with the label with my details, so I'm not too worried. Anxious to get it to give it a try. It'll be my first PC stick.
Try tracking that number on Canada post website, mine shows status there and shows it has reached Canada
Penalty Box
Sep 16, 2011
425 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
Mine arrived today and I set it up no problem! Using a wireless mouse as a remote works best. The cheaper the mouse the better it will probably work. I might also suggest you use a better plug than the one that is included. If you are having problems try a better adaptor from a tablet or something. Video is playing nice and smooth, much better than the older models.....
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
awais wrote: Try tracking that number on Canada post website, mine shows status there and shows it has reached Canada
Thanks. Just checked CP. It shows up and says "International item processed in originating country" as of Jan 6th. Hopefully I get it soon.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
lolatyou1 wrote: Plz fix title, its not $30
Fix yourself, its $30. If you know how to read the OP
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
For those whom received this MK808 plus, how's the performance in general when navigating from menu to menu?

Any duties, etc.. charges?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)