Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

******** Presale : Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 4.7inch KitKat LTE $142.79USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 9:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9519 posts
12481 upvotes

******** Presale : Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 4.7inch KitKat LTE $142.79USD

Deal Link:
With all the random companies out there Xiaomi is the most recognizable brand name when it comes to phones from China. With 35 Million phones sold YTD, they are definitely well trusted.

Here is their newest phone: Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro

[IMG]http://gloimg.********.com/gb/2015/2015 ... 793406.jpg[/IMG]

XIAOMI Redmi 2 Pro Android 4.4 4G Smartphone 4.7 inch HD IPS Screen MSM8916 64bit Quad Core 1.2GHz 2GB RAM 16GB ROM
Display: 4.7 inch HD OGS Screen
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSMS8916, quad core 1.2GHz
System: Android 4.4
RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
Camera: 2.0MP front camera + 8.0MP back camera
Bluetooth: 4.0
Battery Capacity (mAh): 1 x 2200mAh Battery
GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby
Network:
2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2600MHz

Unlike most china phones out there, this one uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. Battery is on the lower side of the spectrum @ 2200mAH however the less power hungry Snapdragon cpu's should allow for decent battery life on moderate use.

Currently it isn't listed on Willmyphonework.net however you should expect same support for local carriers as expected with phones from China (meaning no Wind Compatibility)

Currently onsale for $142.79 (choose shipping from HK). http://www.********.com/cell-phones/pp_ ... html?wid=4

At this price point there are definitely better spec'd China phones out there, however if you're the type that doesn't want to take chances with possibly faked specs, then go with a trusted name like Xiaomi, where you at least get exactly what is advertised, nothing more & nothing less.
29 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
These Chinese phones never support AWS. I wonder why?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Wizard1 wrote: Are there any Major Carriers in Asia that support AWS?
Even if there aren't, it can't possibly cost that much more to make them universal like nexus phone can it?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1263 upvotes
They are deff. a trust worthy brand, but we have 100+ posts about other phones from iffy brands that turn out being pretty good. The Mlais MX, if you can get the sale price($99) has comparable specs with a better battery life for less. If you cant manage to get the sale price(they only sell 40 units a day at that price, for the next 6 days) i could see it being a tough call between the 2...

Though if you can drop another $20, the $165usd price point is a lot more competitive with phones that slap the crap out of this one provided you're willing to carry a 5.5" phone.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
wocaonidaye wrote: 2200 what a joke
My $200 nexus 4 which I'm still more than happy with using has only 2100 and I have no problems sometimes going multiple days between charges. I'm far from being a phone addict though, so it doesn't exactly get a lot of screen time on a regular day.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6221 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
BinaryJay wrote: My $200 nexus 4 which I'm still more than happy with using has only 2100 and I have no problems sometimes going multiple days between charges. I'm far from being a phone addict though, so it doesn't exactly get a lot of screen time on a regular day.
i cannot go multiple days with mine, it's less than 2 years old since purchase, less than 1 year of use. considering the sim card reader is sometimes defective, I don't put any faith into LG quality after the nexus 4.
May 22, 2008
181 posts
169 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Even if there aren't, it can't possibly cost that much more to make them universal like nexus phone can it?
There are two variants for Nexus 6 and two variants for Nexus 5
Blarg
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4917 posts
17519 upvotes
TORONTO
Scott86 wrote: They are deff. a trust worthy brand, but we have 100+ posts about other phones from iffy brands that turn out being pretty good. The Mlais MX, if you can get the sale price($99) has comparable specs with a better battery life for less. If you cant manage to get the sale price(they only sell 40 units a day at that price, for the next 6 days) i could see it being a tough call between the 2...

Though if you can drop another $20, the $165usd price point is a lot more competitive with phones that slap the crap out of this one provided you're willing to carry a 5.5" phone.
The Mlais has better specs but the build quality isn't even in the same league.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
BinaryJay wrote: Even if there aren't, it can't possibly cost that much more to make them universal like nexus phone can it?
Adding an extra radio isn't worth it to support a tiny fraction of the world market. Compared to China, NA is a small market, and AWS users are an even smaller subset of that.
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
wocaonidaye wrote: 2200 what a joke
For a 4.7" 720p screen, with a Snapdragon processor? 2200 should be plenty for most users. It's not like you're trying to drive a 1080p 5.5" screen here, and it doesn't have a power sucking Mediatek processor.

Having said that, it *does* seem pricey for what you're getting. The new BLU phone is comparable in specs with WAY better network support, though you do have to deal with the hassle of actually getting it (hard if you're not near the border or don't have an Amerifriend). Xiaomi build quality is fantastic, and I assume you'll be rocking MIUI as well, but that's quite the brand name premium to be paying for a phone that doesn't even support 850mhz 3G.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7620 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
Scott86 wrote: They are deff. a trust worthy brand, but we have 100+ posts about other phones from iffy brands that turn out being pretty good. The Mlais MX, if you can get the sale price($99) has comparable specs with a better battery life for less. If you cant manage to get the sale price(they only sell 40 units a day at that price, for the next 6 days) i could see it being a tough call between the 2...

The Mlais MX is not available to the masses at the $99 price point, but at $139.99 USD is a better buy then OP's post.
thedon wrote: seems expensive for what you get. For $99 you could get this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YR2 ... _i=desktop
Amazon.com not .ca
<no colour in signatures>
Jun 14, 2004
477 posts
17 upvotes
Does this phone even works with Rogers, Bell or Telus in Canada for LTE network? Looks that it only support FDD band 7 (2600), would it be a problem to get good LTE coverage?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
ares_toronto wrote: Does this phone even works with Rogers, Bell or Telus in Canada for LTE network? Looks that it only support FDD band 7 (2600), would it be a problem to get good LTE coverage?
It does not work with Telus (Telus only has AWS band LTE). I've used exclusively 2600-only phones on Rogers for the last... 4 months now? And I've had very few problems. From what I understand, though, Bell's 2600 coverage isn't as good when you get outside of major metropolitan areas. You can see a map of cell towers here: http://ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
wearysky wrote: For a 4.7" 720p screen, with a Snapdragon processor? 2200 should be plenty for most users. It's not like you're trying to drive a 1080p 5.5" screen here, and it doesn't have a power sucking Mediatek processor.

Having said that, it *does* seem pricey for what you're getting. The new BLU phone is comparable in specs with WAY better network support, though you do have to deal with the hassle of actually getting it (hard if you're not near the border or don't have an Amerifriend). Xiaomi build quality is fantastic, and I assume you'll be rocking MIUI as well, but that's quite the brand name premium to be paying for a phone that doesn't even support 850mhz 3G.
Hmm, spec sheet in ******** says it supports 850MHz in 3G. Did you get the information from some where else? I never trusted the spec sheet on those website. I'm considering try this phone as well, to see how MIUI performs, but without 850MHz, I wouldn't consider.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
hansdoreen wrote: Hmm, spec sheet in ******** says it supports 850MHz in 3G. Did you get the information from some where else? I never trusted the spec sheet on those website. I'm considering try this phone as well, to see how MIUI performs, but without 850MHz, I wouldn't consider.
Hrmm. I could have sworn it said 900/1900/2100... But I'm pretty tired this morning, I probably just misread it (since 850/1900/2100 is pretty rare). :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)