Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GearBest

Xiaomi Yi Wifi 720p Camera US Version - $66.57 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2016 11:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
adeel wrote: how good is this as a baby monitor?
Really good, I like it, night vision is great and you can set alerts for movement so that if baby is moving, the app will alert you.
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1025 posts
344 upvotes
year2000 wrote: The biggest problem you may see is at night when the IR is on, the window reflect the IR light, make it impossible to see outside. You can't turn off the IR.
You can turn off the IR - night vision is much improved when you do. Go to the "Settings" icon in the top right corner, then "Camera Settings". There are options to turn of status light, IR, etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
congenic wrote: Conspiracy theory - but has anyone ever wondered if it's possible that the Chinese are secretly infiltrating our homes by selling these devices and then turning on a switch that will allow them to peer into our lives?!?!

Of course, one can make the same argument with Dropcam etc. too
Of course anything connected to the internet can be hacked by anyone. We know the NSA is hacking peoples' webcams on their laptops, so I don't see why they wouldn't also collect wifi cams like this.
The questions is why would that be useful to anyone, unless suspected of crimes.

Rouge hackers would have an interest in hacking your computer/phone if they can gather info on you to steal money.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jun 2, 2012
81 posts
265 upvotes
Calgary, AB
My app doesn't seem to allow me tonturn IR off. See screenshot attached.
freebies_r_us wrote:
year2000 wrote: The biggest problem you may see is at night when the IR is on, the window reflect the IR light, make it impossible to see outside. You can't turn off the IR.
You can turn off the IR - night vision is much improved when you do. Go to the "Settings" icon in the top right corner, then "Camera Settings". There are options to turn of status light, IR, etc.
Images
  • Screenshot_20161002-100619.png
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1025 posts
344 upvotes
sammiboi wrote: My app doesn't seem to allow me tonturn IR off. See screenshot attached.
freebies_r_us wrote:

That's weird - I have a lot more options on mine. Are you using the Yi Home app?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)