PC & Video Games

Gears of War 4

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 4:11 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
Youff1 wrote: For those who got a code via the Nvidia/Amazon.com glitch (payed someone else or not), check your account. My license has been revoked.

Glad I kept my Amazon.ca pre-order.
I paid someone for 3 codes on Reddit for me and my friends. Mine got revoked. I haven't told them yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
Yeah my regular copy shipped too. Works for me. I'll gladly take it early. :D
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but Gears 4 actually comes with all the other Gears games via digital download (Xbox sends you a message with the codes).

Great little added bundle. I'm grabbing the keys from a friend before I pick up Gears 4 - should be cheaper by the time I get back to it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
I already own all these game digitally thanks to Gears UE, If anyone wants any of my keys for Gears 1 - 3 + Judgement PM me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
quicksilver7 wrote: I never played Judgement (for some reason)....worth playing the campaign?
Umm Id say no actually, The story is completely forgettable, and they picked the worst character of the 4 to do a spin off of. The gameplay encounters are nowhere to the level of the other gears games and they tied it all to a wierd scoring system.

I was a pretty big fan of the Gears games but judgement was a boring spin off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary

According to digital foundry one of the best looking XB1 games available today and a great PC port.
:twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote: Is it MS Store only or are they going to put it on Steam like Quantum Break?
MS Store only... for now anyways...

Sitting at 85 on metacritic
Gears of War 4 Metacritic

There is some concerning (IMO) complaints about the campaign, that are bringing me back to some frustrating sequences in Gears UE such progressing through wave after wave of locusts only to get one shotted by a torque bow and having to restart the whole sequence.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1962 posts
1140 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Hmm that is concerning. My gaming time is limited these days and that would (will) bother me immensely.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Ars is really harsh on the quality of the campaign but very positive about the rest of the game. I'm kinda torn, I feel like a cover shooter but Quantum Break is cheaper right now and on Steam.
I enjoyed QB but the quality of the campaign isn't great either and there's no multiplayer or co-op to save it. It's a cool game but there's very little gameplay and not much replayability so I don't think it's worth $40. You'll probably get way more milage out of GOW4
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote: Ars is really harsh on the quality of the campaign but very positive about the rest of the game. I'm kinda torn, I feel like a cover shooter but Quantum Break is cheaper right now and on Steam.
Quantum Break is a really good game IMO but its not a cover shooter really. Gears is THE cover shooter and it has a great suite of multiplayer stuff.

Most of the reviews are incredibly postitive except in regards to Gears. ArsTechnica Seems to be the outlier and it caught my attention because they talked directly about something that really bothered me replaying Gears UE.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
I've been trying to grab this game off Ebay which I've had good luck with in the past but crazy ass people keep bidding close to retail at which point I may as well buy off the MS store
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Just grabbed it for $49 CAD all in.

Waiting for my keys for 1-3 and judgment to be sent to me via chat so I can start playing. Haven't played any of them.
Apr 23, 2009
901 posts
87 upvotes
Really looking forward to this game.

Tried out my first time buying on Amazon with discount and a few gift cards back during E3 2016. Just looked at my order details and it says that the game will ship between Oct 20 and 26...is this normal for pre-orders? Would signing up for the free Prime membership now affect my shipping time?
Oct 12, 2003
686 posts
173 upvotes
Moose Jaw
Adams06 wrote: Really looking forward to this game.

Tried out my first time buying on Amazon with discount and a few gift cards back during E3 2016. Just looked at my order details and it says that the game will ship between Oct 20 and 26...is this normal for pre-orders? Would signing up for the free Prime membership now affect my shipping time?

Pretty sure you'd have to order it over again after you've signed up for Prime.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Adams06 wrote: Really looking forward to this game.

Contact them, sounds like a glitch.

I've always received games on release day with Amazon (even without Prime).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: Just grabbed it for $49 CAD all in.

Waiting for my keys for 1-3 and judgment to be sent to me via chat so I can start playing. Haven't played any of them.
Damn, coming in cold eh? Don't worry about Judgment, and just play 1-3. Although from what I saw of the prologue in 4, it should also get you up to speed relatively quickly too if you don't have like 30+ extra hours to spare to play through the first trilogy.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)