Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Geek Buying

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro INTL 3GB 32GB $232

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 4:38 pm
Dec 7, 2009
282 posts
143 upvotes
Ajax
sfrancis wrote: Is Geek Buying still the place to buy this phone? Seems long wait for shipping. Any other vendor to buy and get expressed shipping? Thanks.
Got all three of mine from Goldway on AliExpress, spread over 6 months. No issue. Very responsive and helpful vendor.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
2087 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like the wait time is a little over 3 months. The item I ordered during black friday, was said to have shipped early Dec. So I shouldn't be expected to see the item until march break then? Will I even be able to submit a dispute to paypal if the item does not show up in March?
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
zero_ wrote: Sounds like the wait time is a little over 3 months. The item I ordered during black friday, was said to have shipped early Dec. So I shouldn't be expected to see the item until march break then? Will I even be able to submit a dispute to paypal if the item does not show up in March?
While I've never had to do a paypal refund, there are lots of people that have submit refund claims after aliexpress protection is over to get a refund on a phone they thought was lost in the mail, and still receive the phone later for free. I refunded a miband 2 that I ordered like 3 months ago and I'll probably still get it in the mail after minor things I ordered earlier finally arrived. You just have to be patient, otherwise you're punishing the seller for canadapost taking forever to sort the mail. I'm waiting on about 20 things from China and there isn't much chance all 20 of them got lost or seized, the mail is really just that backed up from the holiday season.
Jun 25, 2006
369 posts
270 upvotes
Elanzer wrote: Anything coming from China by regular free shipping is going to be about 3 months with how backed up things are.

I just got something today that was shipped Oct 28th, and about 8 of 10 things shipped in November including a Mi4C aren't here yet.

Lately I find if it is from HK the shipping takes 1-2 months but anywhere else in China is taking 2-3 months. I would buy from places that have a guarantee delivery time so you can get a refund. Even if you get it late at least you get the product free which is better than nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
2472 posts
93 upvotes
Surrey
deal4me wrote: Lately I find if it is from HK the shipping takes 1-2 months but anywhere else in China is taking 2-3 months. I would buy from places that have a guarantee delivery time so you can get a refund. Even if you get it late at least you get the product free which is better than nothing.
I agree.
I have ordered many things from HK and China from places such as DX, ********, ebay, aliexpress and dhgate.
HK orders for some reason arrives even with sing post in 1.5 from ordering and clears customs in 5 days.
In the past china ones takes one week to pass customs.
But this time my HK orders took 2 weeks to clear customs and China ones i have been waiting 2.5 weeks and still at customs.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any fixes for the date bug that appeared since the marshmallow update? It is a day ahead. Based on Hong Kong time (the region I chose) I guess?

If I manually change the date to the day before it shows the correct date (eg. Today I changed the date to Feb 1 so the phone now says it is Feb 2) but I'm pretty sure the date doesn't change at midnight. I think the date still changes at the wrong time...
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Elanzer wrote: Anything coming from China by regular free shipping is going to be about 3 months with how backed up things are.
Same when shipping from Singapore?
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Nov 15, 2007
694 posts
219 upvotes
taskmule wrote: Same when shipping from Singapore?
Same. The phone I ordered back in end of November shipped through Singapore Post. I am still waiting...
Public Mobile + Fido 3GB Tablet Plan
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Ugh... But thank you.
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Jul 25, 2011
27 posts
42 upvotes
MARKHAM
gzlwl wrote: Same. The phone I ordered back in end of November shipped through Singapore Post. I am still waiting...
I also bought the mimax, Canada post took over from singapore post Dec 28th, no sign of phone and no tracking. I really hope it isn't lost.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2004
1611 posts
116 upvotes
If chose DHL express shipping for Geek Buying I hope it won't take months to arrive?
May 15, 2007
713 posts
652 upvotes
sfrancis wrote: If chose DHL express shipping for Geek Buying I hope it won't take months to arrive?
I ordered a Mi Box from ******** via DHL. Delivered in 1 week. But taxed around $30.
Jun 25, 2006
369 posts
270 upvotes
panckage wrote: Any fixes for the date bug that appeared since the marshmallow update? It is a day ahead. Based on Hong Kong time (the region I chose) I guess?

If I manually change the date to the day before it shows the correct date (eg. Today I changed the date to Feb 1 so the phone now says it is Feb 2) but I'm pretty sure the date doesn't change at midnight. I think the date still changes at the wrong time...
I changed my Region to Mexico and my dates are working properly.
Jun 25, 2006
369 posts
270 upvotes
sfrancis wrote: If chose DHL express shipping for Geek Buying I hope it won't take months to arrive?
Regular mail is snail mail 2-3 months.
DHL Express should be less than a week.
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine is a warranty replacement. I tried to get geekbuying to send it back to me via DHL. They wouldn't. Now I wait. Never again, geekbuying. Terrible warranty service.
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
deal4me wrote: I changed my Region to Mexico and my dates are working properly.
That works for Ontario. I'm in BC. I can't find any locations in the PST time zone unfortunately

Edit: hmm Baja, Mexico is PST hopefully it works

Edit: Mexico seems to work for PST time too. Thanks!
Last edited by panckage on Feb 3rd, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 10, 2009
512 posts
162 upvotes
taskmule wrote: Mine is a warranty replacement. I tried to get geekbuying to send it back to me via DHL. They wouldn't. Now I wait. Never again, geekbuying. Terrible warranty service.
Did you pay to send it to them to have it fixed? I am going back and forth with them for more then a month. They asking me to pay for shipping but it is $51 the cheapest. I keep asking them to send me a shipping label.
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
comment on freedom mobile network how is it working? im looking to replace my huawei phone
Love saving money......
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
h82lose wrote: Did you pay to send it to them to have it fixed? I am going back and forth with them for more then a month. They asking me to pay for shipping but it is $51 the cheapest. I keep asking them to send me a shipping label.
Thanks.
I had to pay the $51. slow boat back to China. Then they tried to ding me for 15% restocking fee for a defective unit! Jerks. A week later they changed it to a 15% "one month use fee"! The balls! That is when I filed a paypal dispute. That got their undivided attention within an hour, literally. They agreed to send me a new phone at no charge. But I was not able to get them to send it via DHL, they sent it China air mail on Jan 20. I expect I will see it by end of March if I'm lucky. I shipped it to them Oct 20, btw. Never again.
Just some guy in Ottawa.