Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Hot! Camera GoPro Style REP $72 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2015 6:51 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 23, 2005
966 posts
92 upvotes
This looks a very good price for a good camera. Any feedback before I go ahead and make the purchase?
Any feedback on the colors, I find that Yellow and Blue might be nice for a sports camera or should I stick to the Silver?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1401 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
davyasdf wrote: Can this also be used as a dash camera?

Thx
Yes, and I recommend this since you can use it anywhere rather than single function.
Jun 10, 2006
497 posts
161 upvotes
tunglete wrote: Yes, and I recommend this since you can use it anywhere rather than single function.
I also considered a 'multi-purpose' camera like this, that could also be used as a 'dashcam', but wouldn't it lack the ability to connect to the car power supply and have an 'auto-start/stop' that traditional dashcams would?

Also another question: do purchases from GeekBuying typically avoid customs charges?

And another question: I have been unable to find out anything about the new 'wireless' features of this newer (?) model. Anyone have a link as to what that means/implies?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1401 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
darethehair wrote: I also considered a 'multi-purpose' camera like this, that could also be used as a 'dashcam', but wouldn't it lack the ability to connect to the car power supply and have an 'auto-start/stop' that traditional dashcams would?

Also another question: do purchases from GeekBuying typically avoid customs charges?

And another question: I have been unable to find out anything about the new 'wireless' features of this newer (?) model. Anyone have a link as to what that means/implies?
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/DC5V-100 ... 25949.html

Are you talking about ^.

I bought many things from geekbuy but so far no tax hit. Some were over $150.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
The new wifi version would imply camera control via smartphone app and file transfer.

As for dashcam use, pull the battery and see if USB powers it, for the on/off demand in a vehicle.
Banned
Aug 10, 2014
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Akronica wrote: This looks a very good price for a good camera. Any feedback before I go ahead and make the purchase?
Any feedback on the colors, I find that Yellow and Blue might be nice for a sports camera or should I stick to the Silver?
In fact, there is 15 usd coupon (final at $75 yet) for other colors: BMQVNURL
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
me likie likie. but i have no use? dang it!
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Back up to $87???
Jan 10, 2009
415 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
9394 wrote: Back up to $87???
Price changes if you switch colours, just click link in OP and back to $72. Also use coupon code BMQVNURL to save $15
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
i want. but i have no use. i go snowboarding, but not at nice enough places to warrant this nor is my skill good enough to make it worthwhile.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
eugene188 wrote: i want. but i have no use. i go snowboarding, but not at nice enough places to warrant this nor is my skill good enough to make it worthwhile.
Tell me about it
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Me-262 wrote: Price changes if you switch colours, just click link in OP and back to $72. Also use coupon code BMQVNURL to save $15
Thanks..so only Silver is on sale? Wanted the black version.

I get a error when entering the coupon: "Failed to apply the coupon. Please make sure that the order amount is no less than coupon discount."
Banned
Aug 10, 2014
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Coupon is invalid for silver version.
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
You need to have total amount over $85 in order to use the coupon code.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1794 posts
205 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
So...is this one a fake or not? Can someone confirm?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
phuangk wrote: You need to have total amount over $85 in order to use the coupon code.
Buy 2. Mulitiple angles
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
AncasterRFD wrote: Can someone confirm the Geekbuy wifi model is Novatek 96650, and not a FAKE?

Compare their true Novatek version listed as such here http://www.geekbuying.com/item/SJCAM-Or ... 31621.html

Note the official maker of the wifi version is SJCAM SJ4000 WIFI.
I will also add that the one here (non-wifi) is indeed Novatek authentic SJ4000, not a fake.
********-sj4000-action-cam-79-99us-free ... e-1539613/

Believe me, I'm not trying to justify my thread. I just want people to get the real thing after noticing these details and questions about authenticity.
The one in THIS thread could turn out to be a excellent bargain if it's the real deal. I'm hoping so.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)