Expired Hot Deals

[Geekbuying.com] Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum - $386.61 ($279.99 US)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 12:22 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
31 posts
2 upvotes

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum - $386.61 ($279.99 US)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
March 14, 2017
Retailer:
Geekbuying.com
I'm trying to figure out, is this a real deal or a scam? The price seems a little too good to be true, no? This robot is selling for $505 CAD on Aliexpress.
21 replies
Feb 24, 2017
5 posts
DHL (3-5 Business Days)
CAD 99.06 YES
US Priority Mail (7-15 Business Days)
CAD 104.51 YES
EMS (7-15 Business Days)
CAD 158.63 YES
TNT (3-5 Business Days)
CAD 257.39 YES

That is the shipping rate. Maybe that is why it is cheap.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
31 posts
2 upvotes
Alright. I guess I'll just get from Aliexpress then + use some kind of cashback service.
Dec 18, 2005
301 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
There's also a coupon for $123 off this vacuum, but I didn't create an account yet on Geekbuying to test it out :

https://www.retail menot.com/showcoupon/8539642/

Code is : KXLATSVV

Update : apparently, RFD does not like this coupon site, so I had to modify the link. In any case, the coupon code is there.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17665 posts
2910 upvotes
Thornhill
JamaicanRasta wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 6:27 am
How is this in comparison to the Dyson and iRobot vacuums?

Similar, more features per dollar, but if it breaks you have a cool floor weight. No warranty no support, just landfill material.
Jan 4, 2016
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I own one. I bought it for $450 CAD from ********. Shipping took about 5 days through DHL. I got dinged about $20 at the door for additional shipping charges.

I absolutely love this vacuum and wouldn't hesitate to buy another when mine dies. Compared to the ILife brand (which I also owned and is way cheaper), your house will be equally as clean. This is mostly because the ILife brands continue cleaning until the battery is near empty. They literally bounce around randomly for nearly 3 hours re-cleaning the same surface. So yeah, although less suction power than the Mi Robot, they clean well.

However, my Mi Vacuum is quick and efficient. Cleans my main floor in 40 minutes and does an excellent job. Super convinient when you're expecting visitors and you want the job to finish quickly. For this alone, I'd take the Mi Vacuum anyday. it's slightly louder, a bit bigger, but better looking (clean white look).

Both good vacuums and both worth the investment. I just like having my floors cleaned quickly.
Oct 10, 2009
97 posts
18 upvotes
Hamilton
drowssy wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 2:20 pm
I own one. I bought it for $450 CAD from ********. Shipping took about 5 days through DHL. I got dinged about $20 at the door for additional shipping charges.

I absolutely love this vacuum and wouldn't hesitate to buy another when mine dies. Compared to the ILife brand (which I also owned and is way cheaper), your house will be equally as clean. This is mostly because the ILife brands continue cleaning until the battery is near empty. They literally bounce around randomly for nearly 3 hours re-cleaning the same surface. So yeah, although less suction power than the Mi Robot, they clean well.

However, my Mi Vacuum is quick and efficient. Cleans my main floor in 40 minutes and does an excellent job. Super convinient when you're expecting visitors and you want the job to finish quickly. For this alone, I'd take the Mi Vacuum anyday. it's slightly louder, a bit bigger, but better looking (clean white look).

Both good vacuums and both worth the investment. I just like having my floors cleaned quickly.
Where did you buy it from? It's all *'s to me.
Feb 11, 2017
18 posts
14 upvotes
Yeah lets us know where did you buy. ******** minimum 570Delivered + May be ding :)
Jan 4, 2016
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got mine at Gear Best months ago.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1145 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
I was still evaluating the Bobsweep bObi Classic from the last Amazon.ca sale, it was on sale for $239, I think it's probably a better bet. It is a Canadian company, that does its own programming (they are hiring for firmware programmer on Indeed).

One of the bad things about these Chinese brand (ILIFE, ANKER, XiaoMi) will be very hard to find parts, stuff like filters will need to be replaced and I prefer to be able to get them when I want.
Apr 10, 2017
64 posts
6 upvotes
god forbid, but I can't imagine the horror of trying to claim warranty on this. been there done that with Chinese vendors.

I think spend a bit more and buy locally. having that peace of mind + warranty extension with other CC companies = golden.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
31 posts
2 upvotes
EMATHEW2 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:15 am
Yeah lets us know where did you buy. ******** minimum 570Delivered + May be ding :)
I ended up buying from aliexpress. I used the most popular seller (highest number of orders) and I used a pretty common cashback service when I ordered. I paid 473.49 CAD inlcuding deliver - ~30CAD in cashback + ~30CAD in taxes upon delivery.

Now, I have been using this device for a couple of weeks now and I have to say, after Roomba 770 I am EXTREMELY happy. I sold the roomba used and almost for the same money and I got this baby. I had a hard time installing the app in english at first. Somehow after a couple of days it finally changed the language to English and right now my app in in English, the actual plug in for the app for the vacuum is in English, and the vacuum voice is in English. Navigation works like you wouldn't believe it. The thing cleans everything in the house every day as opposed to Roomba 770 that sort of hangs out in random spots now and then. You can visually see the difference starting day 1.

As for warranty, I absolutely would NOT pay extra 100 bucks for warranty. Let's assume there is a 5% chance that it will break. If there is a 5% chance that this thing breaks in the next 12 months, no problem, if I can't fix it myself I will just throw it right in the garbage. 5% of 500 bucks is 25 bucks. So I'm not paying 100 extra to a local seller just for this warranty.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel