Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Geekbuying

[Geekbuying] Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 190.93 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2017 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
slafreniere wrote: if you are looking for the 3GB version it's going on sale for $180.29 on June 28. https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/brands ... 5.2.12g8H4 and don't forget the 9% Ebates which should make it $164.06 for a good phone.
Which phone is the right one?

Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Original Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

Global Version Original Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Global Version Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Also, what is the downside to Xiaomi? I'm guessing no service support? Their top-end phones seem (Mi 6) looks on par with Galaxy S8, iPhone 7, OnePlus5, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
CraigB806782 wrote: had never heard of ebates until I saw this post (well had vaguely heard of).....so I logged on using my facebook credentials and then I clicked on the Aliexpress link which took me to the Aliexpress website. So if I purchase, I get 9% back, just like that? How does my purchase info go from Aliexpress to ebates? Also I searched reviews of ebates and half the reviews are 5 star (saying its amazing) and the other half are 1 star (saying its useless). Hard to believe that the margins on Aliexpress are that generous to be able to give a 9% rebate....their stuff is so cheap to begin with. Seems TGTBT?
Thanks
Sadly I didn't even know eBates supported Aliexpress until a week ago, and I've spent quite a bit of coin on that site the last couple of years. Not a very good RFD'er, am I... :/
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
CraigB806782 wrote: had never heard of ebates until I saw this post (well had vaguely heard of).....so I logged on using my facebook credentials and then I clicked on the Aliexpress link which took me to the Aliexpress website. So if I purchase, I get 9% back, just like that? How does my purchase info go from Aliexpress to ebates? Also I searched reviews of ebates and half the reviews are 5 star (saying its amazing) and the other half are 1 star (saying its useless). Hard to believe that the margins on Aliexpress are that generous to be able to give a 9% rebate....their stuff is so cheap to begin with. Seems TGTBT?
Thanks
You do get 9%. I think its recently that its 9, usually its 1 or 2%. I'm guessing a lot of the poor review are people using the site wrong and complaining about not getting cashback.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks
I've been using ebates since 2013 when I bought a ps4 a day before the release with 12% cashback.
Ebates is great, make sure to disable adblock when using that site and install "clean links" add-on if you are on firefox since RFD inserts their affiliated links to most links posted on this site.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Jun 16, 2017
146 posts
53 upvotes
so I bought the phone last night and sure enough I just checked by ebates account and the credit is there....thanks RFD!!

by the way if you are interested in the 4GB/64GB version you might want to act fast. I had 2 Aliexpress sellers bookmarked who had the best prices ($225CAD +free shipping), when I checked last night one of them had raised their price by $80, so I decided to buy. And when I did buy I noticed "limited quantity" as I was checking out, so this hot price probably will be gone soon. This is an amazing phone for $200, if I bought an equivalent spec phone through my provider I'd be paying at least $30 a month for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2004
1062 posts
38 upvotes
Got an email yesterday from Banggood for this phone.

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-N ... 29991.html $203.81

Coupon code BGEN432 brings the phone down to $185.47 Don't know if you need to be subscribed to their newsletter/email subscriptions but the coupon wouldn't work without logging in.

Picked one up for my kid instead of getting his note 4 fixed.
1.JPG
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2258 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto West
Ive had a hell of a time getting notifications to work properly on this phone. Its completely hit and miss. a daily alarm went off for 4 random days of 7. messages dont come in all the time. the forums are littered with notification issues but couldnt find anything that made them work properly. If anyone has any tips please share

Done everything here and still doesnt work
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/201 ... 38ec427572
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Feb 11, 2007
627 posts
375 upvotes
salfclyahoo wrote: I have a prepaid PC Mobile service which I top up with $100 and the credit is valid for a year. Unused credit is rolled over if you renew before expiry. After 5 years, I have about $400 credit. My other sim uses the Fido $15 3GB data plan.
How did you get the Fido $15 3GB data plan?
Jun 16, 2017
146 posts
53 upvotes
fuhreal wrote: Got an email yesterday from Banggood for this phone.

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-N ... 29991.html $203.81

Coupon code BGEN432 brings the phone down to $185.47 Don't know if you need to be subscribed to their newsletter/email subscriptions but the coupon wouldn't work without logging in.

Picked one up for my kid instead of getting his note 4 fixed.

1.JPG
thats the 3GB/32GB version - similar price on Aliexpress. I bought the the 4GB/64GB version, with 9% ebates, it was $200CAD net. Also Aliexpress buyer protection is excellent. 100% refund if anything goes wrong...
Feb 24, 2017
265 posts
134 upvotes
celispin wrote: How did you get the Fido $15 3GB data plan?
I got it earlier this year when Fido did not require subscriber to be existing phone subscriber. Go to the thread on Fido $15 3GB and you could find some retailers that are still selling that plan to new customers.
Feb 24, 2017
265 posts
134 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: Which phone is the right one?

Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Original Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

Global Version Original Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Global Version Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Also, what is the downside to Xiaomi? I'm guessing no service support? Their top-end phones seem (Mi 6) looks on par with Galaxy S8, iPhone 7, OnePlus5, etc.
I went for the redmi Note 4 as it seemed to be successor of the Note 3.

I have a Note 2 and was disappointed with the dual sim function. Occasionally, and getting more frequently, one of the sim would stop working. After some research, I concluded that it has to do with the fact that the two sim shares one IMEI. After trying to do a reflash and failing, I decided to just get a new phone. Was thinking of going to a mid-range more mainstream brand like Samsung, Huawei, I decided to give Redmi another chance as the value proposition was too compelling to ignore. Note 4 has two IMEI, so I don't think I will have the same problem.

You can get a great deal of support from the Xiaomi community forums as well email support from Xiaomi. I actually email Xiaomi US and they responded with some suggestions. If your phone is using custom ROM, then you will have a fair bit of work to do, especially if you are like me, not well verse with the tech aspect of phone.

$200 for a high end product relativelto the mid-range phones of other companies is too hard a deal to walk away from.
Feb 7, 2011
479 posts
129 upvotes
CraigB806782 wrote: thats the 3GB/32GB version - similar price on Aliexpress. I bought the the 4GB/64GB version, with 9% ebates, it was $200CAD net. Also Aliexpress buyer protection is excellent. 100% refund if anything goes wrong...
What link you used to buy 4GB/64GB version?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
salfclyahoo wrote: $200 for a high end product relative to the mid-range phones of other companies is too hard a deal to walk away from.
Ya, I'm truly considering it. I have a OnePlus 5 on the way but it was $825 after tax so this could save me a lot of money. The only things I'm worried about are service support and the lack of full 4G compatibility. Do you have any bad experiences with either of those and what ultimately makes you love the phone? Camera? OS? Speed? Build quality?
Jun 5, 2016
107 posts
26 upvotes
folks, just tried to open aliexpress and I see "new to aliexpress" sign up for US 100$ coupons. Haven't checked yet if I can apply it while buying the phone straightaway though.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sanjuo wrote: Just Gold version available in 4 GB RAM - 64GB ROM options. Looking for Gray/Black color version

Thank you for link
Fair enough but he said he got his from the link he provided for $200, I just want to know how.
Jun 16, 2017
146 posts
53 upvotes
sorry, gold version is $227 (grey is $242) Black is not avail. So 227 less 9% = 206