Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[GeekBuying] Xiaomi Mi A1 - $212 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2018 1:14 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
off topic...damn...Eternal Team doesnt carry Honor...anyone knows any other co on aliexpress carries Honor?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 23, 2014
31 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Does anyone have the new coupon code for the phone? I tried using QZENEPVL and it brings my order to $225.99
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
goofball wrote: Mi 5x = Mi A1 but running MIUI
correct... Also MiA1 will get monthly updates, "o" and "p"
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
goofball wrote: Mi 5x = Mi A1 but running MIUI

And the Mi5x has reduced LTE band support, since it was a China only release. No B4, which is very important for Canada.

Updates have been quick. I just got a small October update (the 2nd one for Oct) but have no idea what for. I wish there was a bit more transparency with a change log or something. But that's probably a Google thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1389 posts
624 upvotes
Halifax
thefeebster wrote: And the Mi5x has reduced LTE band support, since it was a China only release. No B4, which is very important for Canada.

Updates have been quick. I just got a small October update (the 2nd one for Oct) but have no idea what for. I wish there was a bit more transparency with a change log or something. But that's probably a Google thing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comment ... er_update/

Is the closest I can find to an answer....but still not a true answer lol
Aug 9, 2012
177 posts
57 upvotes
Anyone use ebates for cash back on aliexpress? What about coupon codes? I remember having my ebates rebate nullified by one on shop.ca before so wondering if it's the same with aliexpress too.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6152 upvotes
Why is band 4 important in Canada?

Wouldn't that depend on the LTE network you're on?

I notice that bell/telus uses mostly band 4 in Vancouver, but almost non-existent with Rogers. Band 4 also has terrible building penetration.

My pops is on Bell LTE with a Zenfone 2 ZE551KL. He lives only 4-5 blocks from the nearest tower and usually gets only 0-1 bar inside his detached home. That's pretty terrible. I doubt the indoor signal would be this bad on Rogers 700MHz LTE network.
Aug 7, 2014
89 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hey guys, noob here but I'm considering purchasing the phone.

Does the phone found from Canada Computers for $350 have the same specs (frequency bands) as the one from HK?

Apr 29, 2006
125 posts
5 upvotes
PappaJ wrote: Anyone use ebates for cash back on aliexpress? What about coupon codes? I remember having my ebates rebate nullified by one on shop.ca before so wondering if it's the same with aliexpress too.
I used ebates with aliexpress and it worked. Got $9 back from when i ordered this phone
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1236 posts
2560 upvotes
DntMessWitRohan wrote: Hey guys, noob here but I'm considering purchasing the phone.

Does the phone found from Canada Computers for $350 have the same specs (frequency bands) as the one from HK?

Mentioned already a few pages ago
here
Yes, but it will cost you up to $100 more
.Long life Belarus!
May 23, 2014
31 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Which website will have the cheapest price for this phone, since at ******** the price went up to $225
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1236 posts
2560 upvotes
whatthederek wrote: Which website will have the cheapest price for this phone, since at ******** the price went up to $225
BG is selling gold Mi A1 for $210 with coupon 11BGESMA1
link
Shows in cart Order Subtotal: CA$294.78
Coupon Discount: CA$23.58
Grand Total:CA$271.20
I just got the same phone from them, my wife likes it!
.Long life Belarus!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2372 upvotes
Ottawa
Redsmith wrote: I heard about xiaomi, but I don't how is it.
Xiaomi has pretty good build quality for the price you get. Some of their phones are really good and ppl on RFD go all crazy for them because of the lower price but good hardware for the price. Of course it isn't an Galaxy S8 or iphoneX. As long as you understand that you are probably paying half the price and not getting the newest and greatest then you are ok.

Xiaomi has made some pretty crazy phones recently. The Mi Mix went bezelless before it was all the rage.
Sep 21, 2010
44 posts
15 upvotes
North York
dzmitry wrote: BG is selling gold Mi A1 for $210 with coupon 11BGESMA1
link
Shows in cart Order Subtotal: CA$294.78
Coupon Discount: CA$23.58
Grand Total:CA$271.20
I just got the same phone from them, my wife likes it!
Hi dzmitry;
Thank-you for sharing the code and for all your feedback in this thread - very much appreciated - I just bought the phone from BG using the code you shared - Thanks again
Aug 9, 2012
177 posts
57 upvotes
andy_4029 wrote: I used ebates with aliexpress and it worked. Got $9 back from when i ordered this phone
Did you also apply any coupons at checkout? I bought the phone yesterday anyway and did go through ebates, but applied a coupon for $4 US. Worst case scenario I'm out about $4 CAD by using that coupon if I don't get anything from ebates.
Jan 14, 2003
291 posts
132 upvotes
Quebec City was Otta…
Just wanted to say I bought a A1 in Taiwan this week and just landed in Montreal. Loved the phone all week in Taiwan. Did not do any rooting of any kind.

I'm on Koodo and seeing Band 4 LTE connection at -103dbm, 3 bars, right by the Starbucks at gate 1 in the airport. I did nothing special to enable band 4.

Edit: now in plane, see band 4 even stronger at -80

Using Network Cell Info Lite app to tell you this. Signal sometimes improves to -96, 4 bars.
Last edited by Keops on Nov 4th, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.