• Dec 11th, 2017 9:06 am
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1620 posts
456 upvotes
Near Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:17 am
It has been there since day one, its just that the 4GB/64GB was better bang for the buck.
That's not true. If you go to the Xiaomi site there's no mention on a 32gig version. neither does gsmarena

Some are speculating that retailers are rebranding 5x . If you look at the picture of the 32gig on the "site that shall not be named" there's no Android one logo.
Last edited by Ebeniz on Nov 29th, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
13623 posts
5257 upvotes
Kitchener
thefeebster wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:23 am
I don't think so, at least among the online retailers. There definitely was not a 32 GB option when I preordered through geekbuying, only 4/64GB.

I only noticed this 32 GB model in the last 2 weeks, since I was looking it up for a friend.
Sorry, by day one I meant 11.11 sale (thats was when I first started looking at this phone), during that sale Geekbuying did have a 32GB option.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
11136 posts
1796 upvotes
Toronto
octavianredflagdeals wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 10:45 pm
I picked one of these up at Canada Computers this weekend for $309 plus tax and its impressive for a budget device. Using it on Bell and getting great reception.
What kind of warranty and return policy is Canada Computers offering on these Xiaomi phones? Just curious.
Dec 27, 2007
13623 posts
5257 upvotes
Kitchener
Ebeniz wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:28 am
That's not true. If you go to the Xiaomi site there's no mention on a 32gig version. neither does gsmarena
So there is now ?! :)
I take back day 1 statement, I meant the geekbuying 11.11 sale.
Dec 30, 2010
307 posts
38 upvotes
Quebec
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:30 am
What kind of warranty and return policy is Canada Computers offering on these Xiaomi phones? Just curious.
I'm still hesitating between the Xiaomi a1 versus the Moto G5s Pus. reviews are excellent for both. but i'm wondering about they resell value in the future?

what is the resell value of the xiaomi a1 in the future versus moto g5s?
what do you think guys?

i'm planning to buy it from Canada computers tonite at 309$, i dont want to wait.
Mar 5, 2007
926 posts
470 upvotes
spitfir3 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:43 pm
I'm still hesitating between the Xiaomi a1 versus the Moto G5s Pus. reviews are excellent for both. but i'm wondering about they resell value in the future?

what is the resell value of the xiaomi a1 in the future versus moto g5s?
what do you think guys?

i'm planning to buy it from Canada computers tonite at 309$, i dont want to wait.
Resale value? To be frank, these aren't iPhones we're talking about. Resale values drop very quickly for Android phones, my lack of a time machine makes knowing the future on resale values quite difficult, but I can't imagine there'd be a big enough difference to matter.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7471 posts
404 upvotes
And we are talking about $2-300 phone here. I would consider a write off after 2-3 years, and not to worry about resale but will be happy to shop for another new budget phone.
repatch wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Resale value? To be frank, these aren't iPhones we're talking about. Resale values drop very quickly for Android phones, my lack of a time machine makes knowing the future on resale values quite difficult, but I can't imagine there'd be a big enough difference to matter.
Apr 16, 2009
894 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
rdx wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:01 pm
And we are talking about $2-300 phone here. I would consider a write off after 2-3 years, and not to worry about resale but will be happy to shop for another new budget phone.
Exactly this.

I bought my Nexus 5 3 years ago for $350 and am just now replacing it with the Mi A1.

Run them into the ground I say!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1127 posts
340 upvotes
Quebec
I think the only "resale value" of a budget phone is whatever WOW Mobile or any carrier will give for any phone during one of their promotions.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
18965 posts
788 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Actually, IMO, all non-removable-battery phones have virtually no resale value after ~ 1.5 years ...
Nov 6, 2011
304 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
I think what he means is that buy an item but not pay for it right away. This would create an “unpaid item” for which he will go and adjust the price to whatever you guys agree to, and then you can pay for it.

Ebates will only be eligible for the final paid price.
Jan 1, 2009
336 posts
61 upvotes
Nauth wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 12:53 am
I think they are saying this to not deliver on a Saturday, I'll see what happens on Monday.
Looks like i got my shipment for this order, on another note I ordered another phone on b**ggood from November 7th was expected to arrive November 26, has not arrived, requesting full re-reimbursement from them and buying elsewhere, avoid b**ggood horrible shipper, and a waste of time.
Looking for a suitable Mortgage Broker to join - Completed Mortgage Agent Course.
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
170 upvotes
Nauth wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:03 pm
Looks like i got my shipment for this order, on another note I ordered another phone on b**ggood from November 7th was expected to arrive November 26, has not arrived, requesting full re-reimbursement from them and buying elsewhere, avoid b**ggood horrible shipper, and a waste of time.
Did you pay extra for DHL shipping or you picked free shipping?

If you paid extra for DHL, you can track it online. Problem solved.

If you didn't pay extra and instead used free shipping, it has only been 19 days, free shipping can take as long as 2 months, possibly more, for it to arrive. There is a whole thread about this problem with Canada Post in the Shopping Discussion section.

In short, if you did choose free shipping you should have known what you were getting into. It is not just limited to BangGood, any Chinese seller would have the same shipping problem (unless you pay extra for DHL). Just because you got one order earlier than the other doesn't mean anything, there is no consistency when it comes to free shipping from China by Canada Post, the people working at Canada Post are taking their sweet time sorting these packages from China and they are clearly not working in a queue. I am afraid you still might have a lot of waiting to do.

Here is the thread, if anyone wants to keep up to date: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mail-pro ... ow-711375/
Watch Enthusiast
May 21, 2013
30 posts
16 upvotes
London
My Banggood Mi A1 arrived Yesterday and I'd like to hand out a Thanks to everyone around here for kicking up so much buzz about this phone. It is incredible for the money (coming from an S6) and none of my concerns were legit. The only downside is the camera but that's what my mirrorless is for. I ordered it November 9th and used Free Shipping. Bonus points for no duty, so I got it for $266 CAD delivered!! It should be noted that the tracking stopped when it left Switzerland or whatever that was. I was watching the tracker and it never landed in Canada... but was delivered.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6818 posts
2239 upvotes
Markham
teddiecanuck wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:34 pm
My Banggood Mi A1 arrived Yesterday and I'd like to hand out a Thanks to everyone around here for kicking up so much buzz about this phone. It is incredible for the money (coming from an S6) and none of my concerns were legit. The only downside is the camera but that's what my mirrorless is for. I ordered it November 9th and used Free Shipping. Bonus points for no duty, so I got it for $266 CAD delivered!! It should be noted that the tracking stopped when it left Switzerland or whatever that was. I was watching the tracker and it never landed in Canada... but was delivered.
Installing the Google HDR Camera helps with the camera quality.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.