• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 9:06 am
Dec 27, 2007
13635 posts
5264 upvotes
Kitchener
fun4life2 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:16 pm
Is TVCMall a reputable vendor? How are their products different from other Chinese mall vendors? I thought they all carry more or less same products from the same manufacturers?
Well, not sure about reputability, but they accept paypal, had stock and shipped promptly, used a traceable shipping service, turn around was less than two weeks, products received as advertised and in retail packaging.
No complaints, one can't say the same about 50% of the Chinese vendors out there.
Dec 24, 2013
21 posts
71 upvotes
Ebeniz wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:35 am
More details?
The vendor or one of the reps sent me an image with the discounted price (11/11 pricing at approx USD $210/device +$20 DHL shipping) and I agreed with the price. When I got the "unpaid order" set up, I asked the vendor to apply the discount. A substantially lower discount was applied (approx USD $227/device + free regular shipping). I brought this up with the vendor, but kept getting messages to pay immediately to ensure availability and expedite shipping...
Jun 7, 2007
551 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just bought my screen protectors here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/wangcan ... 07602.html

Just got 1 of the phones delivered today. Ordered on 11.11 and used free shipping, and got 2 more coming. Tried on the tempered glass screen protector I bought from above link and it fits pretty well. It's not a full edge to edge protector. Those are always crap as they use glue or whatever adhesive. If you have a 2.5D curved screen, you're better off getting a protector that sits just before it curves.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1621 posts
458 upvotes
Near Toronto
25jai wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:55 pm
I just bought my screen protectors here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/wangcan ... 07602.html

Just got 1 of the phones delivered today. Ordered on 11.11 and used free shipping, and got 2 more coming. Tried on the tempered glass screen protector I bought from above link and it fits pretty well. It's not a full edge to edge protector. Those are always crap as they use glue or whatever adhesive. If you have a 2.5D curved screen, you're better off getting a protector that sits just before it curves.
Fits better than this? I ordered a new one from eBay. Hope it fits better.

Jun 7, 2007
551 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Fits right at the edge of the screen. No visible air gap I can see, as I usually see it on my iPhone 6s tempered glass.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1621 posts
458 upvotes
Near Toronto
25jai wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:36 am

Fits right at the edge of the screen. No visible air gap I can see, as I usually see it on my iPhone 6s tempered glass.
At least yours covers the screen part of the phone... But it's so close that you'll be rubbing your finger on the edge of the protector every time you swipe from the edge. I find it very annoying. I don't know if it's the lighting, but it looks like the edge is not sticking... like mine.

Nice angle though. lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7471 posts
404 upvotes
Received the screen protector and case yesterday, however haven't received the phone ordered on Nov 11.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1397 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Dual SIM Card Dual Standby( 2 Nano SIM Card or 1 Nano and 1 microSD Card)
I believe it should support dual 3G. Good phone for someone who travel internationally.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Apr 11, 2017
26 posts
4 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:50 am
Received the screen protector and case yesterday, however haven't received the phone ordered on Nov 11.
Mines scheduled for delivery today from 11-11, used DHL though
Jun 7, 2007
551 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ebeniz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:03 am
At least yours covers the screen part of the phone... But it's so close that you'll be rubbing your finger on the edge of the protector every time you swipe from the edge. I find it very annoying. I don't know if it's the lighting, but it looks like the edge is not sticking... like mine.

Nice angle though. lol
The screen protector goes JUST right at the edge of the screen. I've used it on my iphone 6s and it's not bad at all, in terms of swiping the edge. The protector is a bit curved itself on the edge. It's either this or you use a non tempered glass screen protector. I'd rather have the tempered glass as it lasts longer.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1621 posts
458 upvotes
Near Toronto
25jai wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:24 pm
The screen protector goes JUST right at the edge of the screen. I've used it on my iphone 6s and it's not bad at all, in terms of swiping the edge. The protector is a bit curved itself on the edge. It's either this or you use a non tempered glass screen protector. I'd rather have the tempered glass as it lasts longer.
Mine is not curved on the edge. Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2034 posts
127 upvotes
fun4life2 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:16 pm
I placed my order on 11/27 and paid for DHL shipping. Received an email this morning from Geekbuying saying that it would be shipped out next week. Still hoping to get it before Xmas.
Placed mine on the 24th. Paid for DHL. Still has not shipped. I'm getting worried now it won't be here for x-mas. :(
Dec 27, 2003
765 posts
27 upvotes
Surprised at others getting slow shipping. I ordered on Nov 22 with paid shipping, received texts to pay fees on the morning of Nov 28 and the package was delivered later the same day.
Dec 27, 2007
13635 posts
5264 upvotes
Kitchener
RideGuy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:50 pm
Placed mine on the 24th. Paid for DHL. Still has not shipped. I'm getting worried now it won't be here for x-mas. :(
Once it ships it will take DHL about 2 days to get it delivered.
If you paid with paypal try contacting the seller from the resolution center, that might get them to move things faster.
Good luck,
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
1808 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
I got mine on the 30th technically... but wasn't home when DHL came to drop it off. Ordered on 11-11 from Aliexpress Xiaomi Online Store.
Overall great phone for the money. Sound quality with good headphones is very good.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]