Hot Deals

[Geekbuying] Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum - CAD$301.05 plus shipping CAD$81.64 shipping (less $20USD coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 11:43 am
[OP]
Jun 25, 2001
538 posts
107 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum - CAD$301.05 plus shipping CAD$81.64 shipping (less $20USD coupon)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Geekbuying
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum
  • Intelligent planning path, memory family layout, cleaning every corner; WIFI connect mobile phone, Timing boot, Automatic Cleaning for Home and Office, Automatic charging
  • 5200mAH Long-life Li-Battery, it can cleaning 250 square meters of the environment; 96mm Slim design enable this Robot Vacuum Cleaner working in the narrow space
  • Anti-Collision Detection to Protect the Robot Itself and Furniture; Anti-falling Detection and Turning Back In Front of 8cm Height Cliff; Tri-axis Gyroscope Accelerator to Grasp its Moving Attitude

Price is $301.05 plus shipping $81.64 shipping. Seems to be the lowest price historically.

Get an extra $20US off with coupon code: GEEKBUY20. Credit to post by Fenix here.

You can also get the second generation version for $591.60 (with mop and better suction):
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi- ... 86076.html

Better still for Second Generation - Light In The Box for CAD$536.36 shipped (can prepay duties for CAD$16.33)

Prior threads discussing this vacuum:
xiaomi-robot-vacuum-english-475-2105601/
geekbuying-com-xiaomi-mi-robot-vacuum-3 ... s-2085446/

Review compared to Roomba 980 (Xiaomi wins on several tests):
Last edited by dummjock on Nov 18th, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
285 replies
Nov 30, 2014
36 posts
16 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I clicked on this cause i thought it was a robot, not a vacuum! Wife will have to continue bringing me beers I guess.

That better now that you put Vacuum in the title!!
Last edited by joefloater on Nov 18th, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 21, 2015
13 posts
Kitchener, ON
am I correct to assume around $70 of duties and taxes on top of this price?
Apr 7, 2007
324 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So how does Warranty work and how long does shipping take? If it's DOA does GeekBuying pay return shipping, etc?
Looks like a really nice robot vac however OP.
Sep 15, 2011
706 posts
252 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
I bought this vac about a month ago - changed my life! This thing is incredible. I still marvel at how sophisticated the AI is (particularly when compared to my other robovac the iLife v3). There's a transition between my kitchen and my living room that's fairly steep, sometimes it makes it up, sometimes it doesn't - when it's doesn't is when I'm most impressed, it goes out the other side of my kitchen, drives almost entirely around the house to get to the doorway and continues vacuuming where it would have had it made the transition.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1772 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
hoody123 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 8:24 pm
I bought this vac about a month ago - changed my life! This thing is incredible. I still marvel at how sophisticated the AI is (particularly when compared to my other robovac the iLife v3). There's a transition between my kitchen and my living room that's fairly steep, sometimes it makes it up, sometimes it doesn't - when it's doesn't is when I'm most impressed, it goes out the other side of my kitchen, drives almost entirely around the house to get to the doorway and continues vacuuming where it would have had it made the transition.
how does it handle things like elevated podiums on things? (like bar stools that have the podium at the bottom etc?) And tight "traps" with furniture?
My iLife vacuum keeps getting stuck on these things and then gives up so I can never run it on a schedule anymore :s
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
Great price; with Version 2 on pre-order, looks like they're looking to clear out this oldermodel
- Absolute
Sep 17, 2016
201 posts
74 upvotes
hoody123 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 8:24 pm
What's the height clearance on this? The main reason Id get one is to clean under the beds in my bedroom and need to make sure it fits in there
Jan 19, 2008
43 posts
its a great gift, xiao mi is the up and coming chinese tech company
Feb 8, 2015
656 posts
258 upvotes
North York, ON
TitusBobby wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 3:26 am
What's the height clearance on this? The main reason Id get one is to clean under the beds in my bedroom and need to make sure it fits in there
It's 3.8" tall. I also own and love it. Amazing AI platform. If looking for a robot vac this is a great price and Xiaomi vacs surpass all other robot vacs in performance and price.
Aug 29, 2017
29 posts
10 upvotes
Looking at Roomba 960 or botvac connected due to apps/Google home connectivity. Reviews for this are good and price is cheaper but is there any north American support. Hear that the app is in Chinese etc. Thoughts on which to go with? Large home all hardwood
Apr 6, 2008
161 posts
17 upvotes
I ordered this about a week ago. With DHL shipping and duties and everything it came out to roughly 400 CAD at my door within 7 days.
I just moved into my new home and guess what the previous tenants didn't "broom sweep" the floors before they left (how shocking right?) Anyways I set this bad boy loose (yes the robot speaks mandarin i believe? but if I had internet at the place I would've updated the firmware on the vacuum to English) and 40 min later the thing collected so much dirt and dust I was horrified at how all this was literally on my floors.

Highly recommend this product so far with a week of use. I am not sure how warranty and breakdowns would be handled but at 50% the price of a Roomba and an amazing AI/Navigation system it was a risk I was willing to take.
Sep 15, 2011
706 posts
252 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
rockthecasbah wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 8:49 pm
how does it handle things like elevated podiums on things? (like bar stools that have the podium at the bottom etc?) And tight "traps" with furniture?
My iLife vacuum keeps getting stuck on these things and then gives up so I can never run it on a schedule anymore :s
The Xiaomi hasn't been trapped under any chairs or anything yet (where my iLife, the couple of times I tried running it upstairs was trapped under a dining room chair a couple of times) where it's simply "tight". I've been home when it got in between the legs of a dining room chair and it was "stuck" there for quite a while (a couple of minutes of bopping back and forth to find the exact place to get out), but it only has maybe an 1/8" clearance to get into (and out of) the legs. I don't know how regularly this happens because I normally run it while I'm away.

The only times my Xiaomi has been stuck is it drove up a cord that was plugged in to the wall and it drove up far enough that it lifted the wheels up so high they had little traction remaining. and a couple of times it didn't make it up the transition between my bathroom and the hallway (although, normally it does make it after some struggling, don't know why those couple times it didn't?)
Oct 16, 2006
111 posts
18 upvotes
If I buy from HK Stock for 300 does this come with a NA plug or does it require an adapter?