Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GeekBuying

Xiaomi Note 4 Global Version 5.5" LTE phone 4/64GB SD625 cpu Metal-body Huge Battery (BLACK) - US$169.98

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: I will also raise a dispute with PayPal to report non-delivery by FearFest (with initials GB) and not wasting time to deal with FearFest directly. Let them communicate with you through PayPal dispute system so that everything is on record monitored by PayPal.
i am curious..besides DHL..does any other carriers have tracking number?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
kiasu wrote: if i am in your case and pay by paypal...i will go straight and file dispute from paypal..not gonna spend time waste on other bs
I recently had an issue with an item from one of the other sellers in the region. Basically the specs on the box far outweighed the specs of the actual item (basically fraud).

I farted around with them, back and forth emails, they kept wanted videos proving things, and offering partial credits.

I raised a dispute with paypal and after one offer of a partial refund which I refused with the statement that it was fraud and I wouldn't except anything other then a full refund they immediately refunded all my money.

The amount was beyond trivial, but I didn't want them to get away with fraud. And I believe a dispute on Paypal really gets their attention, since they probably have ALOT of money tied up with paypal and if paypal freezes things on them it will hurt.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
repatch wrote: I recently had an issue with an item from one of the other sellers in the region. Basically the specs on the box far outweighed the specs of the actual item (basically fraud).

I farted around with them, back and forth emails, they kept wanted videos proving things, and offering partial credits.

I raised a dispute with paypal and after one offer of a partial refund which I refused with the statement that it was fraud and I wouldn't except anything other then a full refund they immediately refunded all my money.

The amount was beyond trivial, but I didn't want them to get away with fraud. And I believe a dispute on Paypal really gets their attention, since they probably have ALOT of money tied up with paypal and if paypal freezes things on them it will hurt.
That is my experience too.
These sellers are more serious when you go through the PayPay dispute process with them.
Recently I have been ruled by PayPal for a full refund (about $60) of a non-delivered tablet which the seller could not provide any trackable proof of delivery.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
kiasu wrote: i am curious..besides DHL..does any other carriers have tracking number?
My non-DHL order came with a Canada Post tracking number, which of course didn't provide any updates for the first week and a bit, until it reached Vancouver. After that I got several updates as it made it's way across Canada.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
kiasu wrote: i am curious..besides DHL..does any other carriers have tracking number?
Geekbuying free shipping does provide a tracking number which shows shipping status up to Canadian soil but no status in Canada.
Others provide you with a tracking number which does not fit the format of any shipper. Thus effectively no tracking at all.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
Most of my "free shipping" items come with tracking numbers. I've received tracking numbers with Singapore Post, Hong Kong Post and a bunch of others.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: That is my experience too.
These sellers are more serious when you go through the PayPay dispute process with them.
Recently I have been ruled by PayPal for a full refund (about $60) of a non-delivered tablet which the seller could not provide any trackable proof of delivery.
The problem with me is the item was tracked and I signed for it, even though when I held the package in my hand I knew that it felt a little light.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
djray wrote: The problem with me is the item was tracked and I signed for it, even though when I held the package in my hand I knew that it felt a little light.
This seems a harsh comment post event: Check the content before you sign for it.
I must admit. I do not usually do it too.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
repatch wrote: Most of my "free shipping" items come with tracking numbers. I've received tracking numbers with Singapore Post, Hong Kong Post and a bunch of others.
that's useless too because it will lose 'trace' after the item arrives canada and before your hand..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
kiasu wrote: that's useless too because it will lose 'trace' after the item arrives canada and before your hand..
I wouldn't call it 'useless', it tells me when it arrives in the country. After that I know I'll get it within about a week. So certainly not 'useless'. Considering IT'S FREE that makes it even LESS 'useless'.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: Geekbuying free shipping does provide a tracking number which shows shipping status up to Canadian soil but no status in Canada.
Others provide you with a tracking number which does not fit the format of any shipper. Thus effectively no tracking at all.
My experience was the exact opposite, where I had no information prior to it reaching Canada, but then daily updates as it crossed the prairies. I wonder how they determine how things are going to get shipped...
Mar 17, 2008
76 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I just got an email from GeekBuying that my order from Nov 28 (29th in HK) was sent out. When I check the HKDHL I see just that on Dec 1st the seller submitted information to DHL.
is that normal. what happens if you are not home when they try to deliver the package?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
mocj1970 wrote: I just got an email from GeekBuying that my order from Nov 28 (29th in HK) was sent out. When I check the HKDHL I see just that on Dec 1st the seller submitted information to DHL.
is that normal. what happens if you are not home when they try to deliver the package?
Go to DHL website. Key in your tracking number. If it is already in their system, you could create an account and have options to deal with delivery options.
Feb 18, 2010
178 posts
69 upvotes
Coquitlam
Weird that people are saying they didn't get tracking with geekbuying free shipping, I had tracking all the way on my purchase of this phone on 11/11
Tracking via www.17track.net and I also got emails with alerts and tracking from Canada Post once it reached canada

2017-12-05 15:41 LANGLEY, Delivered to your community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox
2017-12-05 10:06 LANGLEY, Item out for delivery
2017-12-05 05:52 LANGLEY, Item processed
2017-12-03 23:30 RICHMOND, Item processed
2017-12-02 13:58 VANCOUVER, Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2017-11-25 10:55 HONG KONG, Uplifted from Transshipment Hub
2017-11-24 08:18 RICHMOND, Electronic information submitted by shipper
2017-11-23 17:34 Hongkong, Item despatched to Transshipment hub
2017-11-23 17:31 HONGKONG, Processed at origin hub
2017-11-22 15:47 HONGKONG, Received shipment
Mar 17, 2008
76 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
drdtyc wrote: Go to DHL website. Key in your tracking number. If it is already in their system, you could create an account and have options to deal with delivery options.
you mean create a MyDHL account? it asks for company info.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
mocj1970 wrote: you mean create a MyDHL account? it asks for company info.
Just give them whatever company name you fancy.
For example, "mocj1970 & Com" :) or "self-employed"
Anyone can be the CEO of anyone's one man company.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Updated OP.

Gray one has price raised.
But BLACK one has price reduced to US$169.98 which is only US$1 more than the previous sale price of the gray one.
URL link has been updated.

I know some people prefer a black case. This is the time to snatch one.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
mocj1970 wrote: you mean create a MyDHL account? it asks for company info.
You don't need it. With standard delivery, there are options on the site to be notified for certain delivery milestones.
Once it gets to customs, you should go to the DHL pay so you can prepay it ahead of time, instead of at the door or months later with an invoice.
There, you can choose how it gets delivered to you. I was able to give them instructions on where to leave the package (front door, backyard, etc).
No account needed.
Feb 13, 2009
415 posts
325 upvotes
montreal, qc
Player002 wrote: Weird that people are saying they didn't get tracking with geekbuying free shipping, I had tracking all the way on my purchase of this phone on 11/11
Tracking via www.17track.net and I also got emails with alerts and tracking from Canada Post once it reached canada

2017-12-05 15:41 LANGLEY, Delivered to your community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox
2017-12-05 10:06 LANGLEY, Item out for delivery
2017-12-05 05:52 LANGLEY, Item processed
2017-12-03 23:30 RICHMOND, Item processed
2017-12-02 13:58 VANCOUVER, Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2017-11-25 10:55 HONG KONG, Uplifted from Transshipment Hub
2017-11-24 08:18 RICHMOND, Electronic information submitted by shipper
2017-11-23 17:34 Hongkong, Item despatched to Transshipment hub
2017-11-23 17:31 HONGKONG, Processed at origin hub
2017-11-22 15:47 HONGKONG, Received shipment
interesting. mine is sent singapore post november 11 and i only have 2 reports, that it was sent overseas nov 26 and and it was received at the destination country post nov 29.
otherwise no information while it has been in canada. so waiting patiently...
Dec 23, 2014
96 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal, QC
hi all, just to better understand:
I see this phone on amazon ca for 274 CAD: https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note ... dmi+note+4
I see here it is 169 US => 220 CAD - plus shipment if I understood correctly..so, maybe 250?

Is this correct? Like, you save 24 CAD?
(but you get it form honk kong and it will take some time I suppose?)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)