Entrepreneurship & Small Business

[General Discussion] How to make money online besides selling physical products?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2014 4:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50998 posts
15681 upvotes

[General Discussion] How to make money online besides selling physical products?

• Blogging (auto-blogging was kind of eradicated wasn't it?)
  • Clickbank Affiliate Marketing
  • Self-publishing of ebooks on Amazon
  • Youtube (if monetization is enabled)
Seems most if not all potential income (with ebooks an exception) are in one way or another tied to internet ad spending by companies?
http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/07/intern ... er-search/

Anyway to find out more about this phenomenon and how lay people can capitalize on this too?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1858 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
Selling services, rather than goods is an option. For example anything along the lines of brokerage (think insurance, or financial), one time services (like incorporations) or recurring services (like accounting or registry activities).

I find selling to businesses is more effective than selling to retail consumers. The volume is lower and represent fair value for profit. Business owners understand the inner workings of various business related services, so they can acknowledge your costs and accept you are a fair outsourcing of a business expense for them. Retail customers on the other hand are just looking for "free" as a matter of principle, not recognizing there is no such thing.
Jul 10, 2005
754 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
data entry, translations, transcribing recordings, content management, picture editing... are all things I at one time either contracted or considered contracting.

For a business owner the point is not "I could do that, why hire someone else" but "what tasks can i delegate, so i can put more time into the tasks I can only do myself" or "whats the best use of my time"
May 28, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Consulting
Affiliate referring