Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 31, 2018
Retailer:
General Mills
More offers from General Mills
20170930_100232.jpg
20170930_100059.jpg

The annual "Cineplex Free Movie Offer" is back with General Mills!

START HUNTING FOR THESE BOXES!

Offers are valid Sunday to Thursday Only
OFFER IS:
October 1-31 - Buy One General Admission, Get One Free (Adult)
November 1-30 - Free General Admission (Adult)
December 3-31 - Free Regular Popcorn or Drink
January 1-31 - Free Regular Popcorn or Drink

Multi-Grain Cheerios - Adult Offer
Honey Nut Cheerios - Adult Offer
Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Child Offer
Lucky Charm's - Child Offer

*Turn the box over, look at the back and under November, it will say "GENERAL ADMISSION" (which means an adult admission) or "CHILD TICKET"

IMG_20170907_172636.jpg
IMG_20170907_172645.jpg
IMG_20170907_172848.jpg

HOW IT WORKS:
1. Buy the specially-marked packages of General Mills products (some require multiple purchases of that product, read the box!)
*Tip - The simplest offer is on the cereal boxes - 1 box = 1 offer
Offers are only on Family Size cereal boxes, so prices will vary. Generally, a good sale price is $4. Okay $5. Anymore, up to you.

2. Printed on the inside of the box is a unique code, look for it

3. Your unique code will be "worth" different things in different months. Visit the Cineplex link and redeem your code in your desired month of this promotion!

Pro Tip: A "movie ticket" through this promotion is the price of a box of cereal, around $6. That's the cheapest form of admission around. None of us like to waste food, and I'm not suggesting that you do (get it in the hands of someone who will eat it) but the fact remains, the cereal is irrelevant. We are paying for the movie code, in the box of cereal.

Credit to @RedBargainz who posted last year's deal and who I stole a little thread-formatting from :D
*This post will be updated as more details become available / other RFD users provide details*
Images
  • IMG_20170907_172837.jpg
  • 20170929_205503.jpg
  • 20170930_100115.jpg
  • 20170930_100115.jpg
Last edited by DaVibe on Sep 7th, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 22 times in total.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Thread Summary
1. Find the unique coupon code located on the inside of the package

2. Go to www.Cineplex.com/FreeMovieOffer to redeem your movie offer

3. When you go online you will be asked to select a FREE movie offer and enter your unique coupon code found inside your specially marked pacakage of General Mills cereal.

4. You will receive an email with a unique coupon code for your FREE movie offer and when you go back online to redeem your FREE movie ticket you will be asked to select a theatre, location, date, movie and showtime.

SUNDAY to THURSDAY only!
201 replies
Penalty Box
Oct 30, 2013
1894 posts
1170 upvotes
Ottawa
Shame that December isn't a free movie. You know EVERYBODY would hoard these and go see The Last Jedi.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2331 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this thread and just looked in the back of my pantry...still have unopened bags of honey nut cheerios.
I guess it's food for the squirrels in my backyard now...
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4582 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks op. Last year there were barely any of these. Hopefully it's better this time around.
Jul 26, 2015
377 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks!! Love me some cereal and free movies <3
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40884 posts
9812 upvotes
So free popcorn and drink but not a movie pass?

Edit:

I see they've improved the offer by not having us sneak drinks and food in. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1050 posts
491 upvotes
Beaverton
Damn......We just grabbed 32 (Cineplex) M&M's a few weeks ago. I guess we'll be eating Cheerios topped with M&M's.

Thanks for the heads up. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
From the images, it's B1G1 Free (October) and Free (November) Child ticket. However, the front of the box does not prominently distinguish if it's Child or Adult admission offer.

In the past, the front distinguished between the Child and Adult ones. Given there is nothing to distinguish this year, could it be that there won't be Adult admission offers?
Apr 22, 2014
766 posts
178 upvotes
, ON
For anyone who bought the cereals, can you please confirm if the free movie tickets only for kids, or can it be used for either adult or kids?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7596 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but it looks like there are no adult passes in this offer?

October: Buy one get one free child ticket
November: Free child ticket
December: Free regular popcorn or drink
January: Free regular popcorn or drink
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 10:26 am
From the images, it's B1G1 Free (October) and Free (November) Child ticket. However, the front of the box does not prominently distinguish if it's Child or Adult admission offer.

In the past, the front distinguished between the Child and Adult ones. Given there is nothing to distinguish this year, could it be that there won't be Adult admission offers?
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 10:54 am
For anyone who bought the cereals, can you please confirm if the free movie tickets only for kids, or can it be used for either adult or kids?
The image I uploaded is specifically of the Child's Ticket, not adults. I am confident in that as in year's past, the Lucky Charm's line has carried the child offer, while cereals like Multi-Grain Cheerios, carried the Adult Offer.
Unfortunately, the promotion boxes were only on Lucky Charms at this store, they didn't get the other ones in.

Although it's not CLEARLY marked like in previous years (on the front of the box), when you turn the box offer and see the offers, I think it's pretty clear which you're getting. Since the popcorn and drink are regular sized, I think General Mills is playing a little trickery and getting away from the "Adult" and "Child" markings on the front, since someone could purchase THIS box and still get a decent offer, just not the adult offer.

When someone uploads a photo of the adult one (or even me), I will updating the post entirely, don't worry. But for now, this is all we have, unfortunately. The adult cereals should have the adult offer, same dates.
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:00 am
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but it looks like there are no adult passes in this offer?

October: Buy one get one free child ticket
November: Free child ticket
December: Free regular popcorn or drink
January: Free regular popcorn or drink
This is SPECIFICALLY for Lucky Charms. The adult cereals should have the adult offer.
I've updated the original post with some notes, so there's no longer any confusion.

I'm going to look for the adult ones today Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
"Deal of the Day" addict
Sep 15, 2016
76 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks op. I will be looking for those cereal's when I go grocery shopping this weekend.