[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:48 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I am on hold with Cineplex to see if they could do something about it. (since we wanted to go for the movie today). But I am not too hopeful with Cineplex- why would they believe me?

I will definitely email General mills with pictures later today. Thanks again!

Heads up for people who bought the boxes from Walmart- Heartland (Mississauga)- check inside your box to see if the code is printed.
I've had this happen before (in previous years) and I'm pretty sure General Mills was the one to help, who provided new codes to me. It happens.
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
MooseV2 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:29 am
Accidentally bought Cheerios and Lucky Charms thinking they would both give me Adult tickets. Very misleading that the front of the box doesn't differentiate between the two.
It was much easier before, I mentioned this in the thread already but I think GM is purposely trying to get people to make that mistake. You won't be the only one, let's just say that!
"Deal of the Day" addict
Nov 27, 2003
684 posts
142 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 5:34 pm
There are no nuts in Honey Nut Cherrios. But more sugar (compared to non-nut version and artificial flavor). And you're way too late to stock up.
I managed to find a couple boxes left at Superstore in Ottawa, yesterday. Mmm... free movie Cheerios! Used a couple of passes for Thor this weekend, and will be using a couple more for Justice League. Perfect timing on these things.
Jul 5, 2005
924 posts
193 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:18 am
So free popcorn and drink but not a movie pass?

Edit:

I see they've improved the offer by not having us sneak drinks and food in. :)
Nope, but its not a bad deal since popcorn costs a $1 a kernel at the movies or so it seems Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
Honey Nut boxes left at McCowan & 401 FreshCo. Also Cinnamon Toast Crunch (child offer).
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1451 posts
432 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:48 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I am on hold with Cineplex to see if they could do something about it. (since we wanted to go for the movie today). But I am not too hopeful with Cineplex- why would they believe me?

I will definitely email General mills with pictures later today. Thanks again!

Heads up for people who bought the boxes from Walmart- Heartland (Mississauga)- check inside your box to see if the code is printed.
You had doubts Cineplex would help you? The whole purpose of this is to get you to upgrade to 3d or imax and most people will do that. It isn't a loss for Cineplex at all. They're more than happy to help you.
Dec 31, 2008
109 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
On sale for $4.99 at Longos Burloak. They have a whole display set up with plenty of boxes.
20171106_141428.jpg
Feb 20, 2004
597 posts
169 upvotes
Anyone spot any at GVR? Went to Oakridge safeway nothing, nor grandview RCSS.
Nov 29, 2011
95 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Walmart at Lougheed Mall had the Honey Nut version in stock over the weekend.
Apr 23, 2014
671 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
badOne wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:24 pm
You had doubts Cineplex would help you? The whole purpose of this is to get you to upgrade to 3d or imax and most people will do that. It isn't a loss for Cineplex at all. They're more than happy to help you.
The rep who assisted me initially said I should be emailing General Mills about this. But she then transferred me to her supervisor who then provided me with the codes since she had some available. (After I emailed the proof that the boxes didn't have the codes).
Jun 9, 2014
6 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought 2 boxes, both had codes but only codes from one of the two boxes worked :(
Ended up costing me price of a movie ticket plug 10 dollars in cereal to go see a movie with my wife, really sucks to end up paying full price to go to see the movie and end up with Free Cereal that I don't even want.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13626 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:16 pm
The rep who assisted me initially said I should be emailing General Mills about this. But she then transferred me to her supervisor who then provided me with the codes since she had some available. (After I emailed the proof that the boxes didn't have the codes).
That's what I was basically saying. It's a GM issue.
SpecBMan wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:04 pm
I bought 2 boxes, both had codes but only codes from one of the two boxes worked :(
Ended up costing me price of a movie ticket plug 10 dollars in cereal to go see a movie with my wife, really sucks to end up paying full price to go to see the movie and end up with Free Cereal that I don't even want.
Talk to CS about it, figure out why
"Deal of the Day" addict
Mar 12, 2011
380 posts
125 upvotes
Has anyone been able to combine this with the Virgin mobile 2 for 1 tickets or the "$8 off a movie ticket to see Justice League" from buying Blu-rays?