Hot Deals

[General Mills] Cineplex Free Movie Offer 2017/2018

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 12:08 am
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2325 posts
784 upvotes
Is the December (free popcorn or drink offer) for all days of the week or just Sunday to Thursday like the free admission (for November)?
Just trying to decide which day I am going to pull my boys out of school and take the day off work to go see The Last Jedi and don't have the boxes in front of me ATM.
Thanks!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40924 posts
9843 upvotes
So this time around, there are no distinction between free child and free adult, like there was in the past where the Honey Nut Cheerios only offered free child admissions?

I don't my wife the commit any blunder because I gave a partial instruction. :)
Dec 31, 2008
109 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:42 am
So this time around, there are no distinction between free child and free adult, like there was in the past where the Honey Nut Cheerios only offered free child admissions?

I think all the Cheerios are adult tickets and the Lucky Charms and CT Crunch are kids tickets. It's indicated on the back of box, but it's not that obvious so you have to look for it.
Oct 22, 2007
214 posts
53 upvotes
Willing to trade multiple Virgin BOGO's for a free movie pass :D
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2357 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
badOne wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:24 pm
You had doubts Cineplex would help you? The whole purpose of this is to get you to upgrade to 3d or imax and most people will do that. It isn't a loss for Cineplex at all. They're more than happy to help you.
Yes. Lots of people hate 3D, including me. So they will go for the general admission.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Mar 9, 2011
203 posts
140 upvotes
Has anyone seen smaller cereal boxes with movie passes? I am not the biggest of cereal, and I don't want to buy a family box of cereal just for a pass and waste the cereal. I don't think I have the option to donate the bag of cereal if I take it out of the box. The expiry date is also found on the box and not on the bag of cereal.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1190 posts
274 upvotes
svattom wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:46 pm
I think all the Cheerios are adult tickets and the Lucky Charms and CT Crunch are kids tickets. It's indicated on the back of box, but it's not that obvious so you have to look for it.
I discovered it was on the back of the box after hunting for these cereal boxes all month with the Cineplex codes. Already bought a total of 7 boxes and I'm sure the number will definitely increase until this promotion is over. LOL
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40924 posts
9843 upvotes
Forgot i had to head to Longos today because tomorrow might be messy with the forecasted snow.

Wow closed at 10. Will just drive there tomorrow or Friday. Didn't know pricing is good through Nov 16.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Nov 8th, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1472 posts
446 upvotes
SpecBMan wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:04 pm
I bought 2 boxes, both had codes but only codes from one of the two boxes worked :(
Ended up costing me price of a movie ticket plug 10 dollars in cereal to go see a movie with my wife, really sucks to end up paying full price to go to see the movie and end up with Free Cereal that I don't even want.
could have been resolved in 5-15 mins with their rep.
Apr 23, 2014
675 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:42 am

I am pretty sure last year Honey nut cheerios were adult. And this year the Honey nut cheerios (again) have adult admissions- not too sure about the other variety.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40924 posts
9843 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:13 pm
I am pretty sure last year Honey nut cheerios were adult. And this year the Honey nut cheerios (again) have adult admissions- not too sure about the other variety.
I'll be the one buying so there will be no one to blame but me if I get boxes with child tickets. I asked her to buy some but she took a different route and had some good explanations as to why she couldn't get around it.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40924 posts
9843 upvotes
This year, the regular Cheerios comes with child admissions while the Honey Nut and Multigrain came with general admissions.

The type will be indicated within the November polygon.

Picked up six boxes to watch Thor and Justice League.
Jan 28, 2002
577 posts
29 upvotes
svattom wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:46 pm
Regular Cheerios has a CHILD ticket. Its not mentioned on the front, but on the back it states it.
edit:...oops, took too long to hit "post" and fellow above mentioned it =)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40924 posts
9843 upvotes
harry wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:41 am
Regular Cheerios has a CHILD ticket. Its not mentioned on the front, but on the back it states it.
edit:...oops, took too long to hit "post" and fellow above mentioned it =)
It's sneaky they do that.
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:39 pm
This year, the regular Cheerios comes with child admissions while the Honey Nut and Multigrain came with general admissions.

The type will be indicated within the November polygon.

Picked up six boxes to watch Thor and Justice League.
Good to know.

How big are the boxes ? I mean gms wise ? Are they still on sale at $ 5 at some places.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)