The General Store closing

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2010 8:15 pm
Jan 15, 2009
2 posts
guelph
spazzamatic wrote: is it only me?

or does anyone notice that..

everyone that is complaining about the rent money or whatever.. JUST JOINED?
and are complaining about the same thing?

one of them even has a marketing web link at the bottom of the post =|

something seems fishy.

:confused:

This was the only Blog that I could find regarding The General Store. If you lost cash I'm sure you would join a free discussion to help retrieve it. The only contact I had was head office and it's closed, so having the ability to converse with other people in the same situation helps. Besides, I've frequented this site several times and now I'm a member.
Jul 27, 2005
344 posts
Ottawa, ON
So is there any alternative to The General Store? Like "trustworthy" Rent-A-Shelf kinda service still out there?
Jun 18, 2009
12 posts
Reviving an old thread! I was wondering if anyone knows which retailer was the one that sold the diabetic socks in the General Stores in Edmonton before they closed. My Dad absolutely loves those particular socks, and now that all the stores are closed, we're at a dead end.

Thanks in advance
Nov 22, 2009
2 posts
I am also looking for a retailer that sold Pewter stemware from the Eastgate Mall location in Hamilton Ontario. I bought a set of Pewter Dragon wine glasses and one of them broke, I am looking for a replacement. Any help is appreciated.
Jan 21, 2010
1 posts
I moved from Edmonton 10 years ago - I LOVED the General Store. Does anyone know where I can contact a seller who made bronze-like statues of lovers? (around 16 inches high). I want to buy more but my eyesight can't make out the words on the back of the statue. I will be in Edmonton Jan 31st for 3 days so if the supplier is still selling in the city PLEASE let me know ASAP. Otherwise, please let me have his/her email/web page addy. :) Thanks
Jan 11, 2009
5 posts
Attn: Former TGS vendors.

It has been a year now since TGS has closed it's doors.
A few former TGS vendors would like to start the
concept of The General Store over again, but in a smaller scale.

I am trying to reach the 800+ stakeholders or former
TGS vendors to notify them if they are still interested in joining us in resurrecting The General store.
Jan 11, 2009
5 posts
I have created Twitters which will help me track down
the 700 former stakeholder of TGS.
Hopefully , a percentage will be still be interested in this concept :) .

If any potential stakeholders are interested, please let me
know.

http://twitter.com/thegenstore
Oct 22, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
I bought a few prints/painting from the Toronto (Woodbine Centre) location of the General Store and absolutely love the pictures. Would love to find more of his/her work. They are dream-like landscapes and caves that have a very peaceful feel to them. Can't find an artist name on the front and the sticker on the back is a little torn so I can only make out some numbers and the initials H. W. It also says 'shamanic' on the label. Would love it if anyone could offer any leads! :)