Fashion & Beauty

Geox shoes at Costco - will they return?

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 11:29 am
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
336 posts
87 upvotes
Gatineau

Geox shoes at Costco - will they return?

I would say about two years ago the Costco in Gatineau, Quebec, sold Geox shoes for adults for, if I recall, around $80. I bought a pair and loved them, they're still in fairly good shape as I usually only wear them in the office. The leather still looks fairly new, my feet are not wet, the exterior still looks good with an application of liquid wax maybe once every two or three months. So needless to say, I am very satisfied.

I cannot go to Costco every week as it's a bit far, but everytime I go I check if the Geox shoes are back, and I've been out of luck. For those that go every week, have you seen them again? I wanted a second pair and saw the prices online ($200+)... while I'd be happy to pay $200 for a great pair of shoes, having paid less than a hundred before breaks the heart of an RFDer.

Was that a one-time deal that is unlikely to return, like so many Costco deals?
7 replies
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
9834 posts
4409 upvotes
Richmond Hill
A lot of products are show up once and never return. Just the nature of the beast.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1209 posts
135 upvotes
Check Ronsons. I actually just ordered a pair last week on clearance, for a good price and they had a decent variety. I'm typically a Rockport guy, but thought I'd take a chance based on the look and the reviews. Here's hoping that they're better than Clark's, which was my past stray from Rockport.
Feb 24, 2018
114 posts
37 upvotes
^ Aren't Clarks and Rockport similar quality? Maybe the pair of Clarks you got was a bad model. Though I'd assume that Clarks does that chukka boot better than the other stuff they do.

Also, there has to be a better alternative to 'breathable' sneakers than Geox, they seem so overpriced for average quality.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
336 posts
87 upvotes
Gatineau
craigdcan wrote:
May 6th, 2018 12:35 pm
Check Ronsons. I actually just ordered a pair last week on clearance, for a good price and they had a decent variety. I'm typically a Rockport guy, but thought I'd take a chance based on the look and the reviews. Here's hoping that they're better than Clark's, which was my past stray from Rockport.
Thanks; unfortunately they didn't have my size... or anywhere close enough! I'll look again later, I didn't know that store.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1449 posts
270 upvotes
I've never seen the same shoes twice at Costco (that are not the same batch). Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9735 posts
4044 upvotes
Ottawa
kmarcie wrote:
May 17th, 2018 3:15 pm
I've never seen the same shoes twice at Costco (that are not the same batch). Good luck!
Do you even shop at Costco??

Uggs every year
Crocs every year
Adidas women's sandals every year
Reebok running shoes every year
Hunter Boots every year
Speedo water shoes every year
Toms seen them at least twice in the last 2 years
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1449 posts
270 upvotes
There are brand name shoes all the time, but for instance I don't see the same Reebok or Adidas shoes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)