Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote

Gerrard Square food lol

Anyone ever "dined" at any of the "restaurants" in the food court @ Gerrard Square before??? If yes, what do you think??? lol
97 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12487 posts
591 upvotes
they are all overpriced and suck!

the kfc is dirty, the mmmuffins are overpriced (all mmmufins are), the asian places are stingey, subway is subway, the steakburger places is nothing special and they closed down the greek food place at the end near the cibc that was pretty good.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Jun 30, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
they have McDonald's outside. (i dunno)
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
Well I confess, I sometimes eat from the chinese places (2 of them there).

But you should try the Turkish Pizza Place right across the LCBO store where the westbound street car stop is. He has great variety and the Turkish style pizza is delicious. Ask for 'lahmacun' and put some lemon juice on it with Ayran (yogurt drink)
Fineprint: Any brand that have [rfdlink=#]double underline link[/rfdlink] on my posts are not endorsed by me (unless stated otherwise) and automatically placed by the forum software for the site owners' commercial interests.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2003
1330 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
ayran ewwwwwwww...... i tried that stuff its really sour and kinda salty
Feb 20, 2005
452 posts
1 upvote
i remember when i use to go riverdale, i went to thai delight in the foodcourt in grade 9 it was pretty good.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2004
1531 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
i use to eat at the asian one beside mmmmuffins when i use to go to rci and it was okay. sum kee is much better though...the place just outside the school and beside the chicken burger place at the corner
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
had the kfc today toonie tue$day and the chicken seemed shrivelled up and dry. Not worth the $2.66 (Toonie my a$$)
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
does anyone remember when they use to have some china emperor type of palace eating place there?

say in the late 80's, early 90's

poonies, my uncle knows the owners there (are they still called that, the chinese food place)
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Don't crap all over my Gerrard Square man. I grew up around that mall. Use to bike there after school to waste my quarters when they had an arcade (great 80s) and go next door to that burger place. Oh man, it's 1988 all over again.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
D-Sisive wrote:does anyone remember when they use to have some china emperor type of palace eating place there?

say in the late 80's, early 90's

poonies, my uncle knows the owners there (are they still called that, the chinese food place)

Hahaha, my dad would call him Poon. It's only funny present day. My dad would usually order rice and bean sprouts.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Mar 20, 2005
960 posts
3 upvotes
Everyone at Riverdale used to eat Duks/Cheerful Donut when I went there. Gerrard Square's pretty over priced except Poonies isn't too bad. It's been there for years and survived all the renovations. You still get a decent meal for under $5.
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Jump wrote:Everyone at Riverdale used to eat Duks/Cheerful Donut when I went there. Gerrard Square's pretty over priced except Poonies isn't too bad. It's been there for years and survived all the renovations. You still get a decent meal for under $5.

Duks is disgusting. At least it was when I went there. Every little Asian kid skipped classes and went ther to smoke and play Street Fighter. I'm so glad I was expelled from Riverdale and away from all the bad influences.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007