• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 3:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3326 posts
77 upvotes
Sheeshh..it's like a whole Riverdale Reunion here.
I hope Gerrard Square can be saved with HomeDepot, Staples, Winners...

Please please please.. put a BestBuy or FutureShop there...
and get rid of all those craplet stores.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
Riverdale had bad influences??? I barely even heard of that school. Back in the days man people always spoke about Central Tech or Jarvis or Eastern Commerce and Bathurst Heights as being "bad" schools lol.

Anyways i think Gerrard Square needs an [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=33]indigo[/rfdlink], a movie theatre, a sex shop, and maybe a library around the way too...
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
GS could be saved but they will never be on the same level as a high traffic Eaton Centre/Dufferin Mall. A Walmart may do wonders though. They've already closed down Sears.

I doubt developers would want to squander their investment in this crap hole. Only senior citizens go there to sit on their benches. It's near China Town so there you go :D
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12487 posts
591 upvotes
a mall is not a mall unles it has the following:

1. movie theatre
2. Mcdonald's
3. arcade
4. Cinnabon
5. book store
6. game/electronics store (ebgames and such)
7. food court
8. bay/sears(eatons)
9. shoppers drug mart

or if they have the above nearby.

i dont not consider toronto eatons centre a mall, cause theres no movie theatre (smc opening across the street in 2006 or something), and theres no Cinnabon (st. cinnimon does not count), no arcade, and no games shop (compusmart sucks).

gerrard square is now a shadow of its former glory. i remeber every weekend it was packed with card traders and weekend shoppers. up until a few months ago, it was dollar stores and discount places... so dissapointing
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23899 posts
1278 upvotes
Markham, ON
Emancipated wrote:Don't crap all over my Gerrard Square man. I grew up around that mall. Use to bike there after school to waste my quarters when they had an arcade (great 80s) and go next door to that burger place. Oh man, it's 1988 all over again.

i bet u were the one that was hogging the bubble bobble machine at Carlaw/riverdale (pape) :lol:
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23899 posts
1278 upvotes
Markham, ON
Truth wrote:Riverdale had bad influences??? I barely even heard of that school. Back in the days man people always spoke about Central Tech or Jarvis or Eastern Commerce and Bathurst Heights as being "bad" schools lol.

Anyways i think Gerrard Square needs an [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=33]indigo[/rfdlink], a movie theatre, a sex shop, and maybe a library around the way too...
lol Jarvis as a bad school...you got to be kidding...unless you were referring to the asian girl gang :lol:
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
thelefteyeguy wrote:lol Jarvis as a bad school...you got to be kidding...unless you were referring to the asian girl gang :lol:

lol yeah us Central Tech dwellers always used to hear "jarvis this jarvis that" lol.

But to be honest, Central Tech was and is not as bad as some people might think.

A school known for more of its fighting and violence was Bathurst Heights in the Lawrence heights community. I used to live here (people refer to this place as "Jungle" and Ben Johnson hails from here lol) and no one really had anything good to say about Bathurst Heights. B-heights closed down though and condo's have taken its place.

Anyhoo, Gerrard Square IS kind of drabby. Seems more like a low budget flee market than a MALL>

P/S that guy who sells sports shirts and jerseys near the Zellers mall entrance is expensive and, yet he claims he has the best quality blah blah blah lol. Tried to sell me a hooded sweat shirt for $20!!! ANd it had no designs or anything on it, just plain black lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5899 posts
150 upvotes
Scarborough
only at the kfc, nothing much...lol
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2003
1131 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:a mall is not a mall unles it has the following:

1. movie theatre
2. Mcdonald's
3. arcade
4. Cinnabon
5. book store
6. game/electronics store (ebgames and such)
7. food court
8. bay/sears(eatons)
9. shoppers drug mart

or if they have the above nearby.

i dont not consider toronto eatons centre a mall, cause theres no movie theatre (smc opening across the street in 2006 or something), and theres no Cinnabon (st. cinnimon does not count), no arcade, and no games shop (compusmart sucks).

gerrard square is now a shadow of its former glory. i remeber every weekend it was packed with card traders and weekend shoppers. up until a few months ago, it was dollar stores and discount places... so dissapointing
i know lots of malls w/o mcdonalds
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
The "Thai" food offered in the food court at Gerrard Square doesn't seem too "Thai" to me.

It seems like just another average Westernized Chinese take out joint...
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12487 posts
591 upvotes
trashmouth12 wrote:i know lots of malls w/o mcdonalds
then its not a mall...

----------------

Riverdale used to be a bad school pre-1997/98 when there was some serious gang activity in the area... most, if not all moved uptown but police still considered it a troubled area in 2001 and probably still do, i dont know where theyre getting their info from but other than some minor drug dealers, theres no hardcore sh+t going down there...
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
Siefer999 wrote:then its not a mall...

----------------

Riverdale used to be a bad school pre-1997/98 when there was some serious gang activity in the area... most, if not all moved uptown but police still considered it a troubled area in 2001 and probably still do, i dont know where theyre getting their info from but other than some minor drug dealers, theres no hardcore sh+t going down there...

^^^ when you say serious gang activity, do you mean shootings, fights, robberies, what???
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15916 posts
610 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Emancipated wrote:Duks is disgusting. At least it was when I went there. Every little Asian kid skipped classes and went ther to smoke and play Street Fighter. I'm so glad I was expelled from Riverdale and away from all the bad influences.
aww come on, lol no one goes to duks anymore, everyone goes to Yummy House
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15916 posts
610 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Truth wrote:^^^ when you say serious gang activity, do you mean shootings, fights, robberies, what???

RIght now i attend Riverdale CI, the only thing i see is tags spraypainted on walls and drug usage and some trafficking. ooh lots of locker break ins if u put valuables.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Jun 30, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
hey AzN_RiverdaleCI, what grade are you in?
i go to rci also