Food & Drink

Gerrard Square food lol

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 2:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12832 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:a mall is not a mall unles it has the following:

1. movie theatre
2. Mcdonald's
3. arcade
4. Cinnabon
5. book store
6. game/electronics store (ebgames and such)
7. food court
8. bay/sears(eatons)
9. shoppers drug mart

or if they have the above nearby.

i dont not consider toronto eatons centre a mall, cause theres no movie theatre (smc opening across the street in 2006 or something), and theres no Cinnabon (st. cinnimon does not count), no arcade, and no games shop (compusmart sucks).

gerrard square is now a shadow of its former glory. i remeber every weekend it was packed with card traders and weekend shoppers. up until a few months ago, it was dollar stores and discount places... so dissapointing


theres a mcdonalds beside it though.. i work there!!
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12832 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
babaji wrote:hey AzN_RiverdaleCI, what grade are you in?
i go to rci also
i go to jarvis.. anyway. wuts ur name? i might know yah. got a few friends at RCI.. Sky, joseph, ranny, etc..
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
12643 posts
878 upvotes
Truth wrote:^^^ when you say serious gang activity, do you mean shootings, fights, robberies, what???
there was gang activity, drug traficing, daily fights, beatings, you name it.

i was on the streetcar one day going by there and i saw someone litteraly being chased down the sidewalk by a guy with a machette in front of the tennis courts, among other things...

that was then, now its nothing like that... i knew at about 5-6 ppl that got mugged for their wallet and/or shoes :lol: in the allyway



if anything, Danforth tech. was/ still is a bad school area. I enjoyed a few good fights that i saw there, it was a typical lunchtime show... police are there all the time. a couple of years ago, swat was called in because of reports of someone with a gun... a couple of weeks later there was a incedent near by involving a shooting and the suspect supposedly ran towards or into the school so they had to do a lockdown :lol:
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 30, 2004
761 posts
2 upvotes
trixstar wrote:i go to jarvis.. anyway. wuts ur name? i might know yah. got a few friends at RCI.. Sky, joseph, ranny, etc..
umm...nope..don't know them..
but i have friends who go to Jarvis.. Victor Lefort, Abiram, Danyal

[edit] wow, i never would've imagined that riverdale was such an umm....dangerous school...
right now, it's the total opposite...
it's such a great environment, and so far, i've seen no more than 2 fights...which weren't that serious and didn't seem gang related in any way
I think the reason for the safety is that the current hall monitor does his job, and does it quite well. In fact, he does his job amazingly.[/edit]
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
2 upvotes
Yeah Danforth i keep hearing about but, to be honest i pass by that area sometimes and nothing really "bad" ever happens.

A lot of the young dudes hang out at that crappy West Indian restaurant across from where the former KFC once operated. This "West Indian" restaurant... if you want to call it that, has really really bland oxtail and too too too hot jerk chicken (if you want to even call it jerK), and the Guyanese Indian lady puts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much oil into the rice (which she calls sauce). Trust me, and her food is several days old sometimes. Crappy restaurant that attracts a crappy crowd full of young wannabe Colombian Cartel personalities in baggy jeans lol.

Danforth and Greenwood seems to be a weird area to do anything in. Its rather just a place to stop by, pick something up and go. Not really an interesting place to be.

P/s anyone remember that Chinese fast food restaurant that also used to be across from the defunct KFC??? THe lady at the counter would take your order then, yell into some mic in an annoying high pitch tone in Cantonese??? SHe used to sell her junk combo's from $3.99 to $4.99 which would include a pop drink??? Her restaurant closed down and it is now an Ethiopian restaurant.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2005
1261 posts
Emancipated wrote:I doubt developers would want to squander their investment in this crap hole. Only senior citizens go there to sit on their benches. It's near China Town so there you go :D

lmao i concur

We're talking about my area now =) yeah i graduated from rci this yr and that school sux sooo bad in terms of nothing ever happens (fights*police raids etc). If i were to go back in time i wouldve went to central tech and enjoyed the fun and good food that gerrard square had never offered me.

Anyways, like what sieffer said, there used to be this greek food place right beside the cibc in the food court when i went to in grade 9. It was ok, but i mainly went to steak and potato.

About Duk shing, why is it that its so common to see fat greasy kids/fobs coming out of chemistry and physics out of the school on gerrard to across the street, grab a chicken burger or "2 piece" and run back inside? Why do they always run? lol

Yeah and about yummy house, when it first opened it was godly, it had fish and chips, the general tsaos' chicken was godly too because it was fried first, put on the rice THEN POURED sauce over it, now they just throw it all in the sauce making it soggy and keeping the rice under the counter while it gets cold.
They also jacked up the price on the fries supreme to i remembered

Con shing is ok, i know the woman who owns it now because she's a mom of a friend, she was the one that used to work in Poonie's in gerrard square.

I do agree with most of what siefer has to say about malls like movie theatres, and someone mentioned that gerrard square needs a sex shop, that would be great too! ;)

Although as much as i think its a crappy mall, i grew up these years going by the mall sometimes as a shortcut and sometimes going to mcdonalds there with my dad at night and brings back a lot of memories (my dad's divorced now and moved away)

Gerrard square used to be the cool place to "chill" when i was a little kid outside the zellers in the arcade.

It has changed soo much these yrs imo with stores closing down, (sears, soup bagel place, greek place, biway) sigh~~ They were crappy but i do miss them for some reason.

About the rci kids in this thread? who are you i might know you guys as well.
Sr. Member
Aug 4, 2004
762 posts
Wow!

Food at the Gerrard Square to RCI reunion.

Maybe we should change the thread title. :D

BigWill, are you "Mr. Fairchild Cup"?
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
2 upvotes
hachiebang wrote:lmao i concur

We're talking about my area now =) yeah i graduated from rci this yr and that school sux sooo bad in terms of nothing ever happens (fights*police raids etc). If i were to go back in time i wouldve went to central tech and enjoyed the fun and good food that gerrard square had never offered me.

Anyways, like what sieffer said, there used to be this greek food place right beside the cibc in the food court when i went to in grade 9. It was ok, but i mainly went to steak and potato.

About Duk shing, why is it that its so common to see fat greasy kids/fobs coming out of chemistry and physics out of the school on gerrard to across the street, grab a chicken burger or "2 piece" and run back inside? Why do they always run? lol

Yeah and about yummy house, when it first opened it was godly, it had fish and chips, the general tsaos' chicken was godly too because it was fried first, put on the rice THEN POURED sauce over it, now they just throw it all in the sauce making it soggy and keeping the rice under the counter while it gets cold.
They also jacked up the price on the fries supreme to i remembered

Con shing is ok, i know the woman who owns it now because she's a mom of a friend, she was the one that used to work in Poonie's in gerrard square.

I do agree with most of what siefer has to say about malls like movie theatres, and someone mentioned that gerrard square needs a sex shop, that would be great too! ;)

Although as much as i think its a crappy mall, i grew up these years going by the mall sometimes as a shortcut and sometimes going to mcdonalds there with my dad at night and brings back a lot of memories (my dad's divorced now and moved away)

Gerrard square used to be the cool place to "chill" when i was a little kid outside the zellers in the arcade.

It has changed soo much these yrs imo with stores closing down, (sears, soup bagel place, greek place, biway) sigh~~ They were crappy but i do miss them for some reason.

About the rci kids in this thread? who are you i might know you guys as well.
Yeah Central Tech is right smack between a bunch of good places you can go to. Spadina/Kensington to the south, Bloor establisments to the north, Koreatown to the northwest, Harbord etc etc.

I remember a bunch of good places to eat near CTS. Roti Palace next to Yesterdays Hero, A bunch of good Caribbean restaurants along Bathurst north of BLoor, George's Deli, A few good Korean restaurants and businesses along BLoor near Christie, Falafel houses, Pizza joints, Thai restaurants, mannnnnnnnnnnn so much more.... lol
Member
May 20, 2003
247 posts
5 upvotes
gerrard square food? thank goodness for subway!

i've gone in for cheap chinese food at gerrard square a number of times and my conclusion is don't eat from whats already made in the hot tables there. I was much happier picking my own food off the menu.

I've been living in the area since well before the home depot addition (what a sad sears that was) and it's promising to see a few more retailers moving in and cleaning up the mall a bit. hopefully more traffic thru the mall will help the food court a bit.

i'm not sure if the food court is going to see some new vendors or if the rest of the vacant space in the mall will fill in but i keep my fingers crossed. it's nice to have a quick in an out place with parking for some food to go.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
41099 posts
4882 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Siefer999 wrote:there was gang activity, drug traficing, daily fights, beatings, you name it.

i was on the streetcar one day going by there and i saw someone litteraly being chased down the sidewalk by a guy with a machette in front of the tennis courts, among other things...

that was then, now its nothing like that... i knew at about 5-6 ppl that got mugged for their wallet and/or shoes :lol: in the allyway



if anything, Danforth tech. was/ still is a bad school area. I enjoyed a few good fights that i saw there, it was a typical lunchtime show... police are there all the time. a couple of years ago, swat was called in because of reports of someone with a gun... a couple of weeks later there was a incedent near by involving a shooting and the suspect supposedly ran towards or into the school so they had to do a lockdown :lol:
Oh.. That call?
Yeah.. Someoen said my friend had a gun when all he had was a MAchette and baseball bat.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
1907 posts
6 upvotes
Everything there sucks ass. I never eat there that pizza place is damn good there another on Pape ave this store can't remember what it's called but it passed a street called Dingwall. Anyone know who has good Falafel or Shawarma? I just moved here and heven't seen any good places yet. I would stay away from any places in there and go out side to the Pizza place.
!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
12643 posts
878 upvotes
completely off topic and not really a hot deal but i figure the ppl visiting the thread are locals so the new Staples there has MIJ Maxell DVD+R 50 packs PM their 39.99?(or something) w/FS or BB that has their for 15ish. there were 4 left at 8pm today, if there are no more, ask a stock boy to check the back and avoid the manager Derek cause he's an ass.

deal for my locals
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
2 upvotes
They should seriously consider opening up a strip joint right next to Payless Shoes or Zellers or something at Gerrard Square.

This would make business in that "Mall" boom......
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
41099 posts
4882 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Truth wrote:They should seriously consider opening up a strip joint right next to Payless Shoes or Zellers or something at Gerrard Square.

This would make business in that "Mall" boom......
they have a STaples and Home Depot... those are two HUGE retail super stores.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
2 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:they have a STaples and Home Depot... those are two HUGE retail super stores.

Yeah but the lonely husbands who go into Staples looking for printer paper will probably get horny and angry. Horny cuz they aint getting any. Angry cuz their sexy wives are cheating on them with young pizza delivery guys who DON'T have 6 pack pot belly beer belly stomaches...

A niche market needs to be filled!!!

Top