Jan 4th, 2019 11:51 am
They’ve upgraded greatly recently.

-24 hour planet fitness
-walmart
-home depot
-winners
-staples
-cibc open 7 days a week
-food basic (it sucks... but at least its a big grocery).
-food court is getting better. Same old kfc/subway/chinese food. But now with a legit bbt stand, carribean food, burrito place, sushi.

Its got 3 big box stores. So thats convienent.
LOL, stop making like it's an upper middle class gentrification or some shit. I know what it's like now... no matter what shiny paint you put on the outside, the area is still ghetto and hasnt changed for like 100 yrs like I said. lol. :rolleyes:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11434 posts
1488 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:37 am
^ Actually the McD's was not "renovated" it was literally knocked down completely into rubble. It was built all over again and not even in the exact physical location. Generally speaking, it is somewhat the same corner but definitely not the same "spot" where the originally McDonald's was.

The only place I still get food from is the Caribbean place in the food court. From the first arrival of Tropical Joe's their menu price has skyrocketed astronomically. The only reason, I still go there is their "large" orders portions especially their roti are still bigger than anywhere else for Caribbean food. PERIOD.
LOL, gets rattled. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11434 posts
1488 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jemjem9 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:44 am
That's what makes it Gerrard Sq., you what your getting when you enter, no airs or pretense here, lol.
The place is a dive with a fresh coat of paint. Stop pretending it's anything else. You must have low expectations. *welp*
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2719 posts
1405 upvotes
Canadia
Truth wrote:
Dec 13th, 2005 3:46 pm
Anyone ever "dined" at any of the "restaurants" in the food court @ Gerrard Square before??? If yes, what do you think??? lol
Umm. Where is Gerrard Square?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39702 posts
3763 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 3:51 pm
The place is a dive with a fresh coat of paint. Stop pretending it's anything else. You must have low expectations. *welp*
I do get your point. ITS no yorkdale. But check this out...
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/1 ... e-gta.html

Look at the area surrounding gerrard square.
Its dark blue. Indicating incomes of 140%-831% of the national average. So that means that all the house holds surrounding gerrard square are technically 1 % ers.
Other area surrounding it are light blue indicating "High income".
There are some beige areas showing middle income.
There is one RED area that incidates very low income. The nearest RED area is a section that overlaps some senior housing and subsidized housing. And also many licensed rooming houses. This brings down the averages in those areas.
There's also a dark yellow area for "low" income. Which coincides with a subsidized housing projects.

One interest dynamic of Toronto in the urban core like Gerrard square... is that everything is close together. You have one low income housing building... With a block north you have Riverdale with its $3 million dollar homes.

What probably skews your opinion... Is the fact that YES low income people do frequent the mall. Just like Jane and Finchers frequent Yorkdale along with FErrari/Lamborghini driving patrons looking for LV bags @ holt renfrew.
Last edited by UrbanPoet on Jan 5th, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 3:51 pm
I think you're just being an idiot that only sees what you want to see and hears only what you want to hear.
I have to agree with UrbanPoet while also agreeing that it's smart to ignore people like you that trash the place no matter what it does.
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:51 am
They’ve upgraded greatly recently.

-24 hour planet fitness
-walmart
-home depot
-winners
-staples
-cibc open 7 days a week
-food basic (it sucks... but at least its a big grocery).
-food court is getting better. Same old kfc/subway/chinese food. But now with a legit bbt stand, carribean food, burrito place, sushi.

Its got 3 big box stores. So thats convienent.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4827 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 5:02 pm
YES! And amazing as usual.
I feel they made it a bit smaller... But they know how to make a good pide.
cool.... anything is better than the previous pizza pizza in that spot...
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12487 posts
591 upvotes
Welfare square.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7946 posts
3798 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:16 pm
Welfare square.
yeah it's interesting. Leslieville has a lot of cash going into it, yet still alot of ghetttttooo folk. Gerrard square is grime guys. grimmmmmmeee.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16728 posts
1533 upvotes
Space for rent
When you're hungry it'll do. Doesn't taste any better than any other food court variety.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11434 posts
1488 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:50 pm
I think you're just being an idiot that only sees what you want to see and hears only what you want to hear.
Think ur an idiot based on the history of your assinine posts in the food forum.. Look you're just a retired guy who has nothing better to do than piss on peeps whose opinions ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS, not any1 else's. This is pretty much known at RFD. Wannabe food king. lol. Forums are for relaying peeps experience both in person and in thought. I've been to that mall 100 times over the years as my relative used to live in that hood. Been there very recently as well. So shut it already. Reason why ur on the my ignore list. But had an inkling when saw ur username it was gonna be yet another assinine comment. I was right. *back on the ignore list* lol.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:45 am
Think ur an idiot based on the history of your assinine posts in the food forum.. Look you're just a retired guy who has nothing better to do than piss on peeps whose opinions ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS, not any1 else's. This is pretty much known at RFD. Wannabe food king. lol. Forums are for relaying peeps experience both in person and in thought. I've been to that mall 100 times over the years as my relative used to live in that hood. Been there very recently as well. So shut it already. Reason why ur on the my ignore list. But had an inkling when saw ur username it was gonna be yet another assinine comment. I was right. *back on the ignore list* lol.
I'm sticking up for this mall firstly because
it's not like they chose to replace the Zellers with that gawd awful Liquidation King.
There are other reasons but I'm tired of wasting my time with you. You're still an idiot.
Newsflash: I'm not retired.
Jan 26, 2017
387 posts
291 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:18 am
...The entire mall was always filthy, cheap low class, lower income five and dime shops...
Fair enough, but if what you’re saying is true, then why do you still go there to this day and why so frequently?
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:45 am