Personal Finance

Get $200 to open an account (Envision Financial)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 1:22 am
Banned
Dec 28, 2017
47 posts
25 upvotes

Get $200 to open an account (Envision Financial)

Looks like they offering $200 sign up bonus

https://getyourshare.ca/envisionfinancial

"To get your share, all you have to do is open an account with us, set up preauthorized debit/credit and complete a free Financial Snapshot. "

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 8th, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not permitted
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2016
1294 posts
684 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The free e transfers are great. What I don't like is they charge a $1.00 for me to me transfers. Isn't that what you would have to use if you were transferring to Hubert?
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
Yeah it seems like this promotion is available to ANY BC credit union (AND as mentioned, BC residents who are not already banking with a credit union).
I've been away for a while....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Instead, open a Simplii checking account for a $200 WB! Open to all Canadians!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
batcave wrote: Instead, open a Simplii checking account for a $200 WB! Open to all Canadians!
pbttt. we all open different account for different purposes.

Honestly, from all I know about First West CU (Islands Savings, Envision, Fraser Valley), I encourage you not to deal with them as your main F.I :)

The only CU in BC I'd like to keep business w/ is North Peace Savings CU, easy remote account opening and etc.

@OP I too got this promo when I opened Vancity back in 2015 so I can't get it anymore hahaha
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
dekvitaly wrote: pbttt. we all open different account for different purposes.

Honestly, from all I know about First West CU (Islands Savings, Envision, Fraser Valley), I encourage you not to deal with them as your main F.I :)

The only CU in BC I'd like to keep business w/ is North Peace Savings CU, easy remote account opening and etc.

@OP I too got this promo when I opened Vancity back in 2015 so I can't get it anymore hahaha
I use Coast Capital. Works well for me and I can go into a branch if I need additional service.

I would only open simplii for the WB.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
batcave wrote: I use Coast Capital. Works well for me and I can go into a branch if I need additional service.

I would only open simplii for the WB.
I've had CCS since High School. The service level has gone down hill for the past couple years so no more CCS in my book - closed late October on the spot for the lame service level
I have TD free savings for those emergency "branch" purpose anyway, no biggie.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
dekvitaly wrote: I've had CCS since High School. The service level has gone down hill for the past couple years so no more CCS in my book - closed late October on the spot for the lame service level
I have TD free savings for those emergency "branch" purpose anyway, no biggie.
I have a dedicated account manager at CC that's what I like. Similar to my relationship at my other bank (one of the big 5).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
batcave wrote: I have a dedicated account manager at CC that's what I like. Similar to my relationship at my other bank (one of the big 5).
I found it indeed annoying. What if the person is off work or unavailable for immediate help?
It's just too commission minded IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
dekvitaly wrote: I found it indeed annoying. What if the person is off work or unavailable for immediate help?
It's just too commission minded IMO.
They usually have an assistant I can contact or leave a message and they would do what I requested.

I don't mind them trying to sell me product - it is their job after all. I already pay a lot in bank fees (mostly interest expense). When I went in to see them after I opened my account they wanted me to move more of my banking from my other bank. I was open to it but I would want them to cover my legal fees. I don't think they wanted to pay for my legal fees to move my business over though. I imagine that is in their notes so if they want to pursue it, the opportunity is there.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
there are certain products and fees you can easily avoid anyway. I agree CCS is not too bad for basic banking and some loan/mortages.
This topic in regards to Envision Financial (or First West CU in general), I agree it's quite attractive to begin with, we however do prefer a keeper.
My recommendation was not avoid some conventional option and move forwards with somethings more sustainable.

Of course, Tangerine, Simplii then some CU-like system such as Alterna, Motive etc.