Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 12:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7456 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
I finally gave up and emailed customer service. They said my order wasn't going through because masterpass was having issues and to try again before the deal expires on dec 9th. I replied that the $25 discount doesn't show up with masterpass anymore. They send me a coupon code to take the $25 off my order. Hopefully the psn credit arrives now :)

It's too bad I was having so many problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1412 posts
652 upvotes
So I used the masterpass promo and cancelled my order shortly afterwards. Not surprisingly, the promo isn't working anymore for me. Has anyone had any luck in making yourself eligible again?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7456 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
wildzero wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:24 am
So I used the masterpass promo and cancelled my order shortly afterwards. Not surprisingly, the promo isn't working anymore for me. Has anyone had any luck in making yourself eligible again?
nope. once you attempt to use it, it doesn't come back. I tried to make new accounts to avoid that, but they didn't work either. I finally emailed customer service and after a few notes back and forth they sent me a $25 digital coupon to use on my order.

It's too bad.. I'm trying to think of ways to duplicate it so I can do it more than once but it always cancels. Costco tried to tell me there's issues with masterpass and my card(s) linked to it, but I can see the charge successfully authorized on my cc website, so I'm not sure what there actual issue is.
Nov 15, 2011
37 posts
6 upvotes
WATERLOO
Thanks! Got $150 in Xbox Live money for $110. Nothing I am looking to purchase anytime soon but with Black Friday and Christmas deals coming it will be nice to have!

I am not a Costco Member
I have a VISA and was still able to sign up for Masterpass

Will be telling others to do this.

NEVERMIND they cancelled it....
Last edited by justineh on Nov 7th, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1412 posts
652 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
nope. once you attempt to use it, it doesn't come back. I tried to make new accounts to avoid that, but they didn't work either. I finally emailed customer service and after a few notes back and forth they sent me a $25 digital coupon to use on my order.

It's too bad.. I'm trying to think of ways to duplicate it so I can do it more than once but it always cancels. Costco tried to tell me there's issues with masterpass and my card(s) linked to it, but I can see the charge successfully authorized on my cc website, so I'm not sure what there actual issue is.
Thanks for sharing this. I sent them an email the other day and have yet to hear back. I'd be very happy with a $25 digital coupon for my next order if I can swing that.
Nov 15, 2011
37 posts
6 upvotes
WATERLOO
Found out from the CS Rep that it fails buying gift cards that are delivered digitally because Masterpass doesn't ask for the CVV at payment which is required for things like PSN/Xbox gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7456 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
justineh wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:57 pm
Found out from the CS Rep that it fails buying gift cards that are delivered digitally because Masterpass doesn't ask for the CVV at payment which is required for things like PSN/Xbox gift cards.
I noticed a warning when placing them that the CVV needs to be reinput after it takes off the $25 but never saw a spot for it.

It makes me wonder how people are succeeding with the orders. Not all of them are auto-cancelling. If we can figure out what other people are doing we can duplicate it :)
Aug 22, 2010
28 posts
2 upvotes
Finally successfully ordered the Xbox GC Smiling Face With Open Mouth!

Long story short, after my GC orders got repeatedly declined, I decided to order the Xbox GC with another physical item and the order went through.

GC code was delivered to my inbox within an hour. Hope this can help others out.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1773 posts
576 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
immortal_kssss wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:45 am
Anyone getting Aeroplans from online Costco orders? I did 2 orders over the last 3 weeks,noting added yet.
Yes but it takes months for them to posted.
Nov 30, 2016
94 posts
36 upvotes
Purchased with Masterpass, but didn't get the discount, does it usually show right away?
Nov 15, 2011
37 posts
6 upvotes
WATERLOO
Sea - yes it should have applied during the check out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)