Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 12:24 am
Aug 24, 2011
776 posts
435 upvotes
London
thegameplayer17 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:25 am
Wait, so they let you use the $25 credit on an order under $100? Do you have a membership?

I had two orders of over $100 and they allowed me to use $25 for both orders on one account. The second order was refunded $25 manually as it kept getting declined (on my second account). Yes I am a member. Call them up and they might work with you. YMMV.
Jan 18, 2008
767 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
When I try to pay with Masterpass, I get this popup:
Unlock Masterpass™ with Capital One
Use your Capital One username and password to sign in to Masterpass; you don’t need a new login.
at the bottom it says "US English" but when I click nothing happens, I figure maybe it's a language flag. So I enter my Capital One login and get this message:
No eligible cards for Masterpass™
Your account is unable to set up Capital One Masterpass at this time because we cannot find any eligible cards on file. Please feel free to checkout additional card offerings at www.capitalone.com.
What am I doing wrong? I find Masterpass a total PITA when I've used it on other sites (with other MCs) so I expected it to be painful, but I didn't expect to get stuck.

Thanks!
=aw
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1773 posts
576 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
aw1883 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:41 pm
at the bottom it says "US English" but when I click nothing happens, I figure maybe it's a language flag. So I enter my Capital One login and get this message:
What am I doing wrong? I find Masterpass a total PITA when I've used it on other sites (with other MCs) so I expected it to be painful, but I didn't expect to get stuck.

Thanks!
=aw
Did you click on change your wallet?
Dec 16, 2007
394 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow, I had the same issue and gave up on my pc and used my ipad mini 2 to order the item so that it wouldn't show that darn Capital One username and password that I couldn't get to work to sign in, even though I have a Capital One Mastercard and an online account with them.

MoneyHypeMike - I just tried to click on change your wallet and sure enough, it got rid of that. Thanks for the tip - it'll come handing in the future.
aw1883 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanks!
=aw
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1771 posts
482 upvotes
Wow, what an ordeal to get Masterpass working for my order. I ordered a Casio Wave Ceptor watch. It was in stock at the beginning of the promo but went OOS before I could order. It's back in stock now. A solar watch with atomic timekeeping for under $100 (after promo code) is a smoking hot deal.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Jun 10, 2008
939 posts
81 upvotes
Are the Gillette 18 pk a good deal with this? It is 99.98 for 2 sets after weekly offer discount. $75 after the master pass offer.... Just over $2/blade. Still need a 2 cents filler though... any ideas?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10006 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
barricuda wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:33 pm
Are the Gillette 18 pk a good deal with this? It is 99.98 for 2 sets after weekly offer discount. $75 after the master pass offer.... Just over $2/blade. Still need a 2 cents filler though... any ideas?
Was wondering the same - hard to find a good filler?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1771 posts
482 upvotes
My original order never went through so I had to go back and place my order again. At least I got a confirmation for my second order, but I have to say that it was a crappy experience.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Jan 18, 2008
767 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
I did, and I don't remember what it did. I was trying to help a friend create a new wallet using their Costco MC. Guess I'll go back and try again.

But they don't have a Masterpass at all, so do we need to create one? The page says "just login with your Costco MC" which seemed easier (when we started).

Thanks!
=aw
May 22, 2015
66 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I ended up ordering Trico Wipers Blades on sale, essentially getting them for free. But total discount seems off, so waiting for Costco to correct it.
Jan 18, 2008
767 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
How did you get them free?

I was able to solve the MP problem by creating a MasterPass wallet separately and then going back to the Costco page. They bought 4 wiper blades and a $55 "filler" and got $25 off $105+tax. They might or might not want the filler, but it was worth a try -- I figure they might still get $12 off the blades (3x$12 + 1x$15) if they return the filler, assuming the $25 is sprinkled proportionately across all items. If it's a "you didn't spend $100 you don't get a discount" situation if they return the filler, so be it.

=aw
May 22, 2015
66 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aw1883 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:20 pm
How did you get them free?

I was able to solve the MP problem by creating a MasterPass wallet separately and then going back to the Costco page. They bought 4 wiper blades and a $55 "filler" and got $25 off $105+tax. They might or might not want the filler, but it was worth a try -- I figure they might still get $12 off the blades (3x$12 + 1x$15) if they return the filler, assuming the $25 is sprinkled proportionately across all items. If it's a "you didn't spend $100 you don't get a discount" situation if they return the filler, so be it.

=aw
sorry, I was responding to previous posts about Gillette 18 pk - ordered two of those, and ordered wiper blades, which costs about $25. Therefore, essentially got wiper blades for free
Jan 18, 2008
767 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
Makes sense, sorry I didn't see the Gillette posts. In my friends' case, they wanted the wipers and the $55 filler was something they might want.

Most things on the Costco website are so highly inflated to cover the "free" (okay they say "included") S&H as to be laughable, e.g. 3M packing tape is I think $13 on sale for $9.50 in store (for 8 rolls) or $20 online (for 8 rolls, sold in packs as 16 for $40). Original Brother toner cartridge for my printers is $85 vs $75 shipped from the guys in Montreal (of course I don't use original Brother but still).

=aw
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17694 posts
192 upvotes
YVR
The fine print says the $25 off can be used once per member. Is there a way around that? Since my Costco membership allows 2 people to have a card, can the second person also get the $25 discount?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)