Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 10:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9870 posts
4240 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Landon99 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:53 am
Which makes this deal not hot for some people. Not sure how so many people are thinking they are getting a deal of $25 off.wonder how many buyers remorse this deal is having on people based on what they are buying in this thread. $100+ breathalyzer, $100+ sewing machine etc
^ Corrected. You're assuming everyone wants to save $25 for the sake of doing it. I'm sure I'm not alone, I found something we needed, price checked it online for a better price, couldn't find one and went this route.

It doesn't matter what hidden variables are in the Costco.ca price if the total is less than anywhere else and it's something you need, it's a deal.

The hottest deal isn't a deal if you don't use it, that's rudimentary.

(realized I forgot to thank OP, done)
Aug 30, 2005
403 posts
346 upvotes
Octavius wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:47 pm
Finally found something to buy with the $25 off $100 Masterpass promo

https://www.costco.ca/BACtrack%C2%AE-S8 ... id3w%3D%3D

Normal price is $140. It's on sale for $25 off right now. Get an additional $25 off with the masterpass promo. Reviews on the internet indicates it is one of the most accurate personal breathalyzers you can buy on the market. Never hurts to make sure you aren't putting yourself into a position you shouldn't be in, especially with the upcoming holiday season.

Came to ~$95 after it's all said and done.
There is a less expensive BACtrack breathalizer in store for 35$. Not the same model, probably not the same accuracy, but much cheaper.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1151 posts
236 upvotes
I created a new account and used same membership number & Masterpass to get another $25.
Nov 28, 2016
8 posts
2 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:24 pm
I noticed a warning when placing them that the CVV needs to be reinput after it takes off the $25 but never saw a spot for it.

It makes me wonder how people are succeeding with the orders. Not all of them are auto-cancelling. If we can figure out what other people are doing we can duplicate it :)
Made an account, ordered PSN cards, it cancelled. Made a second account, tried again, also cancelled. Called Costco this morning (even though I would've liked them last night since I had the 20% off PSN coupon), they say the orders were declined so they don't need to give me any codes or refunds, even though the charges are straight up on my Visa for no actual products. CSR said it would sort itself out.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1832 posts
596 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:46 am
Are you sure that will work? Do I have to create another Masterpass account? Doesn't Costco flag these kind of stuff especially if I were to use my credit card twice?
It worked for me with a new account. I Used the same membership number and masterpass account and I received both deliveries.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7464 posts
776 upvotes
Victoria
SommenRider wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:05 pm
Made an account, ordered PSN cards, it cancelled. Made a second account, tried again, also cancelled. Called Costco this morning (even though I would've liked them last night since I had the 20% off PSN coupon), they say the orders were declined so they don't need to give me any codes or refunds, even though the charges are straight up on my Visa for no actual products. CSR said it would sort itself out.
I was lazy and emailed customer service. First time the person said to try again before the offer expired, and I replied that I did, but the masterpass discont didn't show up. Then they emailed me a $25 code to use.

I guess you could try email. He is right about the cc charge though. When you see them at first it's an authorization. It takes about 3 business days to finalize. You're order didn't go through so the charge will just disappear. It is a shame the costco system autorejects the orders though. It's pretty annoying.

Maybe try emailing customer service until someone gives you the response you want? :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
2769 posts
148 upvotes
Ordered an unlit 7.5' Christmas Tree. $140 before discount. I forgot the specs in store but they're definitely the same height but the store one is $150.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5897 posts
343 upvotes
frank2162 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:29 am
There is a less expensive BACtrack breathalizer in store for 35$. Not the same model, probably not the same accuracy, but much cheaper.
True, but I'd trust this one a hell of a lot more than I'd trust that one. Also, one of the review companies used the $140 one, along with a bunch of other consumer ones, while they were also using the ones used by police departments to compare the accuracy of all the devices. They found the $140 one was the most accurate and matched up closest with the results used by the ones used by police departments over all the others.

For $96 bucks, I'll go for the higher accuracy and better quality version that will no doubt last much longer than the cheapo one.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1352 posts
69 upvotes
I did the PSN codes thing and got them within minutes.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2809 posts
1206 upvotes
Raimond wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:52 am
I did the PSN codes thing and got them within minutes.
What exactly did you do ? What credit card? Does you credit card match exactly with you costco membership address. Tried last week with a vIsa, a Mastercard and both attempts got declined
Nov 15, 2011
39 posts
6 upvotes
WATERLOO
witenite wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:55 am
What exactly did you do ? What credit card? Does you credit card match exactly with you costco membership address. Tried last week with a vIsa, a Mastercard and both attempts got declined
Spent some time on the phone with them and was told if an order fails multiple times their system locks the card out from ordering.. I was told to try again in a few days :|

They are making it hard for me to give them money at this point.
Oct 10, 2012
340 posts
57 upvotes
London
I have tried ordering 5 times now and even with advice from their support, nothing has worked. I give up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7464 posts
776 upvotes
Victoria
papp101 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 10:03 am
I have tried ordering 5 times now and even with advice from their support, nothing has worked. I give up.
I think someone posted pages back that gift card orders require the 3 digit code on the back of the card to be entered, except masterpass doesn't do it and that's what's causing the rejections. I had the same thing when I contacted customer service. They told me to try again I had to reply and remind them the discount doesn't show up again after you've tried to use it. They emailed me a $25 code but I'm guess that costco taking the hit instead of masterpass (which could be why they're hesitant on giving them out).

There's a few people who have posted they had there psn (or other gift card) orders go through but didn't post enough details to figure out what they did differently.
Aug 24, 2011
783 posts
439 upvotes
London
zod wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 1:50 pm
I think someone posted pages back that gift card orders require the 3 digit code on the back of the card to be entered, except masterpass doesn't do it and that's what's causing the rejections. I had the same thing when I contacted customer service. They told me to try again I had to reply and remind them the discount doesn't show up again after you've tried to use it. They emailed me a $25 code but I'm guess that costco taking the hit instead of masterpass (which could be why they're hesitant on giving them out).

There's a few people who have posted they had there psn (or other gift card) orders go through but didn't post enough details to figure out what they did differently.
As I posted earlier, my first order went through as I bought laundry soda with a $50 psn card. Not sure how it went through and I didn't enter the 3 digit security code. I'm guessing because I bought a tangible item, it went through?

The second order which comprised of only psn cards went through because they refunded me $25 after the fact.
Jul 4, 2012
203 posts
38 upvotes
Any good filler items in the 1-5$ range? I am missing 0.02$...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

deadbond