Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

Get $50 From TD - Post Secondary Students Only

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2014 5:26 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York

[TD Bank] Get $50 From TD - Post Secondary Students Only

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-s ... 5436547650

"Every Day Chequing Account with Student Discount" info: http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-s ... tudent.jsp No monthly fee, no minimum balance, 25 free transactions/month

TD is giving away $50 to students who open an "Every Day Chequing Account with Student Discount", present their TD branch with proof of full time post secondary enrollment, and complete 1 of a) direct deposit b) 2 bill payments through online/telephone/mobile banking or c) 2 online purchases with your TD Enhanced Access Card. Seems like you also need to apply for overdraft protection.

To be eligible for this offer, your chequing account must be opened either in person or online and you must provide proof of full time post-secondary school enrollment in person at a TD branch by October 31st, 2014. Performing 1 Direct Deposit, or 2 bill payments, or 2 online purchases with your TD Enhanced Access Card must be completed by December 12, 2014.

Fine print: This offer is available to individuals that are the age of majority in their province or territory who (a) open an Every Day Chequing Account with Student Discount (which requires that you show proof of full-time enrollment in post-secondary school) by October 31, 2014 (the "New Account"), (b) complete one of the following by December 12, 2014: (1) a direct deposit; (2) 2 (minimum $10) online bill payments through EasyWeb, the TD mobile app or ATM (3) 2 online purchases with the TD Enhanced Access Card, and (c) apply for overdraft protection by December 12, 2014. Individuals who have an existing TD chequing account or had one that was closed after August 05, 2014 are not eligible for this offer. Whether or not a recurring direct deposit (for example from your employer) is an acceptable form of direct deposit for this offer is subject to our approval. The $50 will be deposited to the New Account by January 31, 2015 if all conditions have been met. The New Account must still be open on January 31, 2015 in order to receive the cash bonus deposit. This offer can be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time by TD Canada Trust, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Other conditions may apply.

Is overdraft protection free/what does it do?

It's gonna be tight for the students that got the tablet and didn't cancel their chequing account/cancelled it too late (must not have a current chequing account/must have had it cancelled before August 5th, 2014). Also leads me to wonder if there is going to be a similar tablet promo next summer.. the one that TD just had, had rules where you must have not had a chequing account from a few months back. If the $50 gets deposited by January 31, 2015, we likely won't be able to get any summer promos in 2015.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any downside to having too many debit cards? I currently have 3 and i'm thinking of signing up for this TD one because you can shop online with this card.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2010
1704 posts
252 upvotes
Scarbontario
wwedx wrote: Is there any downside to having too many debit cards? I currently have 3 and i'm thinking of signing up for this TD one because you can shop online with this card.
None at all. I keep a BMO account because the send me a SPC card every year.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
wwedx wrote: Is there any downside to having too many debit cards? I currently have 3 and i'm thinking of signing up for this TD one because you can shop online with this card.
No downsides.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
dr wrote: None at all. I keep a BMO account because the send me a SPC card every year.
That's awesome. Going to open one tomorrow just for the SPC perk.
Jul 23, 2008
285 posts
98 upvotes
Vaughan
Good, I still need to set up direct deposit for my tax refunds
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Is TD the only bank that lets you use a debit card online?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
lazy_prodigy wrote: Will they perform a credit check?
They shouldn't It's a chequing account.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
wwedx wrote: Is TD the only bank that lets you use a debit card online?
One of very few banks that issues visa debits, so yeah.
Oct 8, 2014
219 posts
258 upvotes
Burlington, ON
No, RBC allows you to order a Virtual Visa card that uses your debit card for online orders.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
I think all of them do now.
Oct 8, 2014
219 posts
258 upvotes
Burlington, ON
lazy_prodigy wrote: Will they perform a credit check?
They give you an option to. Read the boxes that you need to accept when you sign up and make sure you leave the one consenting to a credit check unchecked.
Aug 2, 2014
34 posts
26 upvotes
Whitby, ON
There's also an offer for EXISTING customers with student accounts. I believe they can get $25 for getting overdraft and then meeting 1 of the same 3 conditions as mentioned by OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4473 upvotes
West
cowslayer wrote: There's also an offer for EXISTING customers with student accounts. I believe they can get $25 for getting overdraft and then meeting 1 of the same 3 conditions as mentioned by OP.
Do you have a link for this by any chance?
Aug 2, 2014
34 posts
26 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Denguin wrote: Do you have a link for this by any chance?
I don't have a link, but was informed by several tellers when I was at the bank a few days ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2949 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote: They shouldn't It's a chequing account.
They do, i believe you have to opt out or not sign the related box on the agreement.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2949 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
Scotia and cibc
Aug 9, 2012
84 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Overdraft is not free. It is stupid. Its credit on your debit. So on my debit card it reads, balance: $x dollars // available: $500+x dollars. There are 2 options for it, pay $5 every time you dip into those funds or $8 monthly. Its stupid when you realize you should just get a credit card (which is free) and use it for credit, no need to have credit on your debit in which you PAY for.
Aug 2, 2014
34 posts
26 upvotes
Whitby, ON
abdilatif416 wrote: Overdraft is not free. It is stupid. Its credit on your debit. So on my debit card it reads, balance: $x dollars // available: $500+x dollars. There are 2 options for it, pay $5 every time you dip into those funds or $8 monthly. Its stupid when you realize you should just get a credit card (which is free) and use it for credit, no need to have credit on your debit in which you PAY for.
It's $4 monthly. Not 8

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)