Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
st7860 wrote:*cough* buggy starforce *cough*
StarForce is out and I'm not gonna cry over it. It was truly a pain in the a** but bear in mind that using SF was a decision made by our worldwide HQ, not by the Montreal Studio.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1468 posts
5 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
ckang008 wrote:I know a dude who was a tester for 3 years. He was an avid gamer but got so sick of it that he quit gaming totally. I remember he had to test EA Fifa 2k4 and he practically know where to shoot in midfield to get perfect goal.
we dont make fifa 2k4,
Heatware 17-0-0
BST Feedback 8-0-0

All 100% buy with confidence
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1468 posts
5 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
klutzo wrote:LOL.. I can tell what games you like playing. =>

Note that the later games are all from totally different companies developed in totally different regions. There are contracted out QA companies that will test for other studios/publishers, but the biggies normally do not use them. I work in the industry, and as someone pointed out, it's not all 'fun and games'. Imagine if you would you were playing the latest NHL for EA. All the characters attributes had not yet been assembled, and you have to play with everyone as oh let's say... Tiger Williams. They all look the same, skate the same, and behave the same way. Oh yeah.. this includes both sides. => Now, the entire front end (menu system) has not been coded yet, so you will have to enter entire console commands in order to even set up a game and run it. No pretty graphics, buggy code, horrible placeholder audio, etc. Now imagine your QA lead says you must test out goal posts for 2 days. Imagine the joy of setting up using console commands, 2 teams, in specific configurations, and having to shoot not to score, but to hit the crossbars, goal posts, etc.

Having said all that.. QA is still a wonderful way to get your foot in the door in the games industry, great way to meet like minded geeks, and a great way to see the entire process of how a game actually is put together.
you hit the nail on the coffin, there are trying times and there are fun times. QA is a good short-term job not long term, its good to get your foot in if you want to be a producer, SE, TE, etc..
Heatware 17-0-0
BST Feedback 8-0-0

All 100% buy with confidence

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)