Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Get Philips 19.5” Monitor for Free - when you buy 5 cases of Staples® Copy Paper

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2018 3:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
FYI the date of manufacturer for this monitor is 2011.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: I wouldn't use that monitor if it was free without having to buy $250 worth of paper.
This. Every single thing made by Philips that I have ever owned failed immediately after the warranty period.
Except one toothbrush that survived for almost 4 whole extra months making it close to 16 months from the purchase date.
Jul 2, 2017
23 posts
51 upvotes
Forget the cost of the paper, worry about the cost of the ink. Lol
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Quentin5 wrote: My cell phone's screen is even smaller.
Doesn't mean i would throw away my 27" monitor and go back to 19".
I don't know why, but I'm always amazed how many people only think of themselves: if it's no use to them, it must be of no use to anyone.

I wouldn't use a 19.5" monitor on a day-to-day basis, but it might come in handy in an emergency, such as when someone brings over their broken computer for me to fix (if I didn't have a spare already). In any case, one box of paper is far more than I would use in ten years.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
Now i can finally have the paper airplane olympics ive always wanted.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
rabbit wrote: I don't know why, but I'm always amazed how many people only think of themselves: if it's no use to them, it must be of no use to anyone.

I wouldn't use a 19.5" monitor on a day-to-day basis, but it might come in handy in an emergency, such as when someone brings over their broken computer for me to fix (if I didn't have a spare already). In any case, one box of paper is far more than I would use in ten years.
I am amazed at how much junk some people collect. Perhaps i have watched too many episodes of Hoarders.

I used a 19" monitor for 10 years then upgraded to a 27 inch. Instead of keeping the old thing i would be happy if someone else who wanted it put it to use. Why keep an obsolete item that is of theoretical use someday that probably won't happen. Since i'd rather it be used its certainly not "of no use to anyone". In fact its the opposite, i want it to be utilized.

After its gone if i needed to do a repair someday then i can use my 27 inch by pulling one end from the current computer and plugging it into the other computer...

With previous computers i didn't throw them in a closet in case i needed them again someday, i donated them to organizations that repurposed them which is maybe what i should do with the monitor instead of selling it on kijiji.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Quentin5 wrote: I am amazed at how much junk some people collect. Perhaps i have watched too many episodes of Hoarders.
Sure.

And now that you've saved face, you can carry on being cool with your 27" monitor.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
rabbit wrote: Sure.

And now that you've saved face, you can carry on being cool with your 27" monitor.
Why would i need to save face, to most people it would make sense to not buy something that they already outgrew
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people