None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
5959 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa

get rid of old gas?

Where would I dispose of old gas?

I have gas that is about 3 years old in a plastic jug (for my lawnmower)...is it too old to use?

If so, what should I do with it??
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2707 posts
27 upvotes
most garages have a used oil/gas tank service that they empty once a month...dump it there instead of your mower.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
skanji wrote:Where would I dispose of old gas?

I have gas that is about 3 years old in a plastic jug (for my lawnmower)...is it too old to use?

I don't think so.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3168 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Your city's harzardous waste depot should take this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
7717 posts
204 upvotes
Hamilton
use some octange bosters and it should be good to go. lol.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Banned
Mar 21, 2003
3085 posts
Here in Toronto
So go spend $3 on "octane booster" for his $2 worth of gasoline?

Is the jug full? If it's say half full or there abouts, just go fill it up with some fresh gas and it should work just fine in your lawnmower.

If the jug is nearly full.. well it's a gamble to use.. if it was me, I'd call a couple gas stations, find out who will take it.. and just get rid of it.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10192 posts
3055 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
I remember my dad put old gas full of sediment in our lawnmower and I had to remove the carb and clean it twice. After I cleaned it the first time, he dumped in more of the same dirty gas :lol: I can laugh at stupid things like that now.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
1848 posts
135 upvotes
Depending what car you drive. If I were you I would just dump it in the gas tank of you car. If your tank is reasonably full, I think it will be diluted enough with the new gas that you'll barely know the difference.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1265 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
Next time you do a fill up for your car, dump it in there.
Oct 23, 2004
653 posts
3 years is too long. the gas has gone bad. especially if kept i na warm place. just dump it beside ur garage or on a small corner on your lawn. its not much anyways.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
skanji wrote:Where would I dispose of old gas?

Burn things! :twisted:

Everytime I do an oil change, I drop it off at a [rfdlink=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/autolink ... ?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] after hours. They take care of it. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1339 posts
11 upvotes
seefuthead wrote:3 years is too long. the gas has gone bad. especially if kept i na warm place. just dump it beside ur garage or on a small corner on your lawn. its not much anyways.
hope your joking right?
× < >