Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 6, 2004
8 posts
1 upvote

getitfree.net scam? or not?

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has been to getitfree.net ? My friend invited my to join, and in doing so she'll get a $50 GC at Banana Republic. But I'm not sure if this is only in US or if this actually works! Before I sign up, can someone tell me if this is legit?

Thanks!
Share:
14 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12195 posts
292 upvotes
one of my friends sent me that shat too, i consider it spam,
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
2564 posts
2 upvotes
Gatineau (Buckingham…
Free tits?! Where?
[OP]
Oct 6, 2004
8 posts
1 upvote
I'm not sure, it looks rather shady if you have to register before you can see what the site is actually about. It's like picking behind door #3...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
1205 posts
2 upvotes
G.T.A
omg ive gotten like 6 people to email me that..i went through parts of it and then it asked for my hotmail pass to send it to ppl in my address book, passed on that, then asked me if id like to talk to an insurance angent, passes, then house insurance agent, passed again then to a car insurance, then i closed the window, then i had another window pop up stating to finalize on getting my 50.00 BR card i had to sign up for one of the following 6(or 8?) offers, which none are FREE offers so im like alt+F4
buh bye
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3951 posts
17 upvotes
Oh, is it all that's about? I never bother opening up any one of them...
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14317 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
Friends don't send friends spam.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
2564 posts
2 upvotes
Gatineau (Buckingham…
What the hell did I post....
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
1205 posts
2 upvotes
G.T.A
Codegen wrote:What the hell did I post....

Sorry hun, no free tits available as of yet, but as soon as we find some, you will be the first to know? ok deal? :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5609 posts
79 upvotes
Scarborough
it's spam, i gotten so mny of those from freinds. don't open it!
Dec 16, 2003
675 posts
18 upvotes
Scar
theavonlady wrote:omg ive gotten like 6 people to email me that..i went through parts of it and then it asked for my hotmail pass to send it to ppl in my address book, passed on that, then asked me if id like to talk to an insurance angent, passes, then house insurance agent, passed again then to a car insurance, then i closed the window, then i had another window pop up stating to finalize on getting my 50.00 BR card i had to sign up for one of the following 6(or 8?) offers, which none are FREE offers so im like alt+F4
buh bye
i did the same thing, till "None are free"...i knew that's like a spam, but well...
Dec 12, 2005
611 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
it's supposed to be some kind of virus where if you open it, everyone on your address book or msn gets it. hence, that's why so many people are getting it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2002
1569 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Man I am getting those too! It has my friend's hotmail address though which is maybe why it is getting though the spam filter I think.

So is it...

1) My friend signed up to spam and are stupidly sending me it thinking they can get the $50
2) Their MSN/account is compromised by virus/trojan/etc and got their address book which is why I am in the list
3) My account (highly unlikely :P)
ZERO-TYPE Forums - An Anime, Art Book, Figures forum :)
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
spamtastic
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18098 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
It's the same as that free ipod site. The one that's already censored out on RFD. Basically it's a referral pyramid scam spam. Except they don't seem to offer sign up for the Memberworks gift card programs (correct me if i'm wrong, otherwise i should add to the gift card thread).
× < >