Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
getpiper.com

Piper NV Security Camera/System - $184 + free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2017 10:45 am
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton

Piper NV Security Camera/System - $184 + free ship

Deal Link:
Price:
$183.94
Savings:
47% off
Retailer:
getpiper.com
The Piper NV All-in-One Wireless Security system is on sale on their website for $184 + free shipping.

Regular price is $345.65.

https://store.getpiper.com/products/piper-nv

The refurbished Piper Classic (no nightvision) is also on for $61!

https://store.getpiper.com/products/pip ... efurbished
13 replies
Jan 13, 2017
477 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
How good is this? Can they be mounted outside in our Canadian climates?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
rendered22 wrote: How good is this?
I find it very good :-)
rendered22 wrote: Can they be mounted outside in our Canadian climates?
No, indoor only.
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
Great system, and a great price. Current user.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: How good is this? Can they be mounted outside in our Canadian climates?
I am looking for a security system where I can install some cameras in my backyard. I was thinking of purchasing some trail cameras but most of these (except for the super-expensive models) do not offer live, real-time surveillance so I would prefer a wireless, system instead. If you come across anything like this, please post.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
choclover wrote: I am looking for a security system where I can install some cameras in my backyard. I was thinking of purchasing some trail cameras but most of these (except for the super-expensive models) do not offer live, real-time surveillance so I would prefer a wireless, system instead. If you come across anything like this, please post.
Arlo cameras are completely wireless (battery powered) but only record when the detect motion.

The Nest outdoor camera will record 24/7 but does have a monthly fee and has to be plugged into power.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3441 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
choclover wrote: I am looking for a security system where I can install some cameras in my backyard. I was thinking of purchasing some trail cameras but most of these (except for the super-expensive models) do not offer live, real-time surveillance so I would prefer a wireless, system instead. If you come across anything like this, please post.
Wireless systems are never really wireless... you still need power for it (unless you have solar powered ones, which still won't work 24/7)

Just go with normal wired CCTV IP cameras like this (link brings you to the amazon listing of the Zosi camera for $20.99):

$20.99 from Amazon... 1.3 Megapixel, ONVIF compliant. You still need to buy or re-use an old 12VDC adapter (the ones used for external HDD works) or look for cheap ones in your thrift store...

You can use it Blue Iris app on you smart phone to monitor it

It's not wireless of course, but every camera out there need to supply power 24/7 so you need to plug it in an AC outlet.. just buy powerline network adapters and voila, 24/7 CCTV...

It doesn't have built-in recording (like SD card), but you can either dedicate a PC running 24/7 to record, or buy a cheap NVR and attach a hard drive and voila you have your own CCTV system.

I have Piper and Piper NV at home, I used to have it as my smarthome hub, but since they still haven't supported a lot of zwave/zigbee devices, I've switched to Smartthings hub... Right now, the Piper is relegated to monitoring inside my house (temperature, camera) or if I need to talk to the kids (using the 2 way communication feature of Piper)
Feb 15, 2005
627 posts
282 upvotes
Calgary
khulit wrote: Wireless systems are never really wireless... you still need power for it (unless you have solar powered ones, which still won't work 24/7)
I think you should look at Arlo, Arlo Pro or Blinkxt systems.
They are 100% wireless with great reviews and decent battery life (Blink claims 2 years).

Complete wireless is the future.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
evilution wrote: I think you should look at Arlo, Arlo Pro or Blinkxt systems.
They are 100% wireless with great reviews and decent battery life (Blink claims 2 years).

Complete wireless is the future.
Hello ArloNewbie, The operating temperature is 14° to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C). The camera may not perform optimally in extreme temperatures (tempuratures well below or above the operating temperature) primarily due to the battery constraints.Dec 20, 2014

We have released the Blink XT, our outdoor capable camera. The operating temperature range on the Blink XT is -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C).

Our winter still exceed operating specs so likely will not work well at all in winter.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Sep 15, 2013
53 posts
8 upvotes
I've got the ring doorbell pro, I really like it, and am looking at getting at least two more spotlight cams. There's battery, wired, and solar is coming soon. operating temp -20°F to 120°F
(-28°C to 48°C). Does anyone have any experience with these?
Nov 27, 2011
566 posts
267 upvotes
Has anyone tried this as a baby monitor? I'd like to get something that will be useful after.
Jan 15, 2006
600 posts
90 upvotes
I have piper almost 8month. recently i start having many issues(motion sensor not working, video not recording from time to time, getting alert even when its disarmed).
I recently opened a ticket with their support and now they are giving me all kind of BS for 1 week. I know for a fact it is hardware issue and they dont want to change it.
Piper support sucks no phone support. only email.

If I had a choice I would consider getting Arlo Pro.It is easy to expand, accessories(wall mount available). I'm thinking throwing this Piper in the garbage. Again this is my own experience.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)