• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 1:28 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1766 posts
1325 upvotes
Bay Area
Robocall them back, then use automated spam services to completely crap up their email inbox. Fight fire with fire, hit 'em where it hurts. Only way these shitheads will learn.
MikeM21308 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 3:36 pm
It's amazing what one can do with a cool voip system to "handle" calls of this nature. They can call to eternity if they so choose...
VoIP is truly a beautiful thing. Anyone not on my whitelist gets forwarded to a voicemail greeting laden with profanities lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5433 posts
3316 upvotes
arkane wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 7:19 pm
Robocall them back, then use automated spam services to completely crap up their email inbox. Fight fire with fire, hit 'em where it hurts. Only way these shitheads will learn.
I did this before. Used a VoIP provider to automatically call a company's offices in multiple cities and play a recording. I also sent hundreds of pages of fax. If they're using a regular fax machine that prints on paper, imagine their faces. They stopped calling my number, and they blocked my number so I can't call them from that number anymore. :lol:
Aug 18, 2019
1 posts
Received similar call from MJR CAPITAL from 17057049371 asking to contact 18447437032 with a file number. When I called them they try to confirm all my personal details to identify, at which point I had to refuse and disconnect.
It all started with Aviva Insurance who sent letter of demand asking me pay some penalty arrears when I changed my Insurance from Aviva. Although I don't see any arrears I had to call Aviva and pay the amount to avoid ruining my credit. Even after the payment to Aviva, I get many calls from MJR Capital asking for the same payment, some how they got the Aviva details. I always ask the callers to resolve it with Aviva. Wish Aviva could do a better job to save our personal details.
Jul 29, 2013
848 posts
469 upvotes
JayL57734 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 11:30 am
Received similar call from MJR CAPITAL from 17057049371 asking to contact 18447437032 with a file number. When I called them they try to confirm all my personal details to identify, at which point I had to refuse and disconnect.
It all started with Aviva Insurance who sent letter of demand asking me pay some penalty arrears when I changed my Insurance from Aviva. Although I don't see any arrears I had to call Aviva and pay the amount to avoid ruining my credit. Even after the payment to Aviva, I get many calls from MJR Capital asking for the same payment, some how they got the Aviva details. I always ask the callers to resolve it with Aviva. Wish Aviva could do a better job to save our personal details.
JayL welcome to RFD.

My hell also came from Aviva Insurance.
They incorrectly billed me when I already had insurance with another company. I finally received a corrected invoice about a year later but the calls from MJR Capital kept coming.

It is very possible that you did not owe Aviva anything as they seem to be very trigger happy to send any bill to collections before doing any internal investigation. Aviva insurance probably treats their claimants in the same manner.